It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Palestinans are lucky to be under Israeli rule in the Middle East

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by CountDrac

The phrase your looking for is "When in Rome, do as Romans do"

Palestine is occupied land, and an illegal abomination.

And yes, the protesting of immoral laws should happen.

Maybe if they weren't busy fighting genocide they could focus more on these other issues.

Seriously, I thought this was a random troll thread just to gain replies, as is typical, but if you really believe everything you have been typing, I fear you are a very immoral person.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Well, Sinny, my friend, if your profile pic is you drinking that pint, I hope you never have to live in a Muslim society because you won't last two minutes.

And people with a lack of intelligence and inability to provide proper argument ALWAYS bring up this thing about trolls. It makes me laugh.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

I'm saying there is a war in the Middle East, and the blame goes around as No one is right.

But I'm also saying that Israel is a western society trying to make peace with third world countries and religious nutcases.

But what if the Palestinians dont want to live in a western society? What gives us the right, to force our way of living on other people ? If the Palestininas want to live by the sharia law so be it. Their land their rules. We have no right what so over to shove our way of living down their throats.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes when in Rome be Roman, that’s the current situation.

But if we are talking about the future of humanity? You think we have a chance with people that their moral compass is based on Islam.

How do you suggest we evolve as a species? As it is we are close to destroying ourselves.

Point being the Israelis are doing the best with what they have. As for the future, yes we need to get rid of dictatorships, fanatic run Muslim government. In the process try to have Middle Eastern countries realize that women are equal and we shouldn’t have them stoned to death. Maybe even push for civil liberties like the western world.

Or maybe you would prefer a world like we have 500 years ago in the Middle Ages burning women to death for witchcraft.
I’m confused what are you trying to say?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

That is me drinking the pint, and I assure you I have no intention of visiting anywhere I am not welcome or unsafe, but if i found my self there, I assure you this kitty has claws.

Also, I've presented my argument enough, and I'm not resorting to any methods to prove any point. The point is plain for every one to see, except to the OP, your self, and his little star and flag fans.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

so you agree with the second half i see.
"But I'm also saying that Israel is a western society trying to make peace with third world countries and religious nutcases. "

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

But if we are talking about the future of humanity? You think we have a chance with people that their moral compass is based on Islam.

How do you suggest we evolve as a species? As it is we are close to destroying ourselves.

Point being the Israelis are doing the best with what they have. As for the future, yes we need to get rid of dictatorships, fanatic run Muslim government. In the process try to have Middle Eastern countries realize that women are equal and we shouldn’t have them stoned to death. Maybe even push for civil liberties like the western world.

Or maybe you would prefer a world like we have 500 years ago in the Middle Ages burning women to death for witchcraft.

So now your argument is based on Judaism over Islam.

There's no end to how much you
me.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

so you agree with the second half i see.
"But I'm also saying that Israel is a western society trying to make peace with third world countries and religious nutcases. "

Did you miss the "?!?!?" Which usually represents disbelief and sarcasm.

I have not agreed with a single comment you have made thus far.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

No thats your point of view and sadly it seems you are missing most of the points and rather argue for the sake of arguing. its getting boring...

My argument is about the future, civil liberties in the Middle East etc. Read some pervious posts and keep up, we are already way ahead by now...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

No thats your point of view and sadly it seems you are missing most of the points and rather argue for the sake of arguing. its getting boring...

My argument is about the future, civil liberties in the Middle East etc. Read some pervious posts and keep up, we are already way ahead by now...

It appears you keep changing your argument to suit your needs, but if you think I'm arguing just for arguments sake, feel free not to reply to me, although I cannot promise the same if I see something else worthy of comment.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

OK

Do you live in an Islamic state? Or Roman for that matter? Do you not see the flaws in this argument?

We came through the Cold War. THAT was as close to destroying ourselves as it can get.

More on what we should do in "Rome" when we aren't in "Rome". You're not seeing the flaws here?

Interesting that you should bring 500 years into this. Did the US even exist 500 years ago? And they should set the standards as to how any given country should run their business? This argument has more holes than cheesecloth.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Op is dead right. s and f
the mus**lims sure arnt as nice as the israe*l[is

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Oh, comeon. You dont care about the future of our species. Children die of hunger/lack of clean wather every day in 3rd world countries but all you do is adress Islam as the greatest enemy of the world. Poverty, greed and the so called "democracy" (democracy for the rich) are the greatest enemy to our species. You could probably feed 10 kids in Africa for the price you pay to have a god damn internet connection.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem
Op is dead right. s and f
the mus**lims sure arnt as nice as the israe*l[is

The OPs thread isn't about who's nicer.

The OPs thread is condoning human rights abuses against Palestinians.

Blar!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

It seems like I need to simplify it for you so you can understand. Here we go...
Israelis in the Middle East are dealing with people with a different mentality (Not Western but third world mentality) so they need to act accordingly. That’s why I brought up the phrase when in Rome act Roman.

My second point is that for the future, when we are talking about the future of humanity. We cannot evolve as species with people that their moral compass is based on Islam or religion. Same transition Christianity started in the 15th century with slowly separating church and state.

Point being the Israelis are doing the best with what they have. As for the future, yes we need to get rid of dictatorships and fanatic run Muslim governments. In the process try to have Middle Eastern countries realize that women are equal and they shouldn’t have them stoned to death for adultery. Push for civil liberties like the western world and a bunch of other good things you enjoy and take for granted living in the UK.

Hope I simplified it for you so you can understand.

edit on 17-8-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So we shouldn’t try to push humanity to a collective conscience when it comes to human rights and civil liberties.

Great argument you got there…

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

What you are saying is that we should just kill those who don't accept our democracy, or freedom, or our ideals. No compromise. Do as I say, not as I do.

That's the only possible motive you could have, for trying to justify human rights abuses and war.

You are no better than the 'extremists' you claim to fight against. You simple are at the other end of the spectrum.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Hope I simplified it for you so you can understand.

I personally understood your OP from the beginning. It's just wrong. Logically. Spock actually puked. You are saying, "When in Rome...." That insinuates that people are traveling to those nations. That isn't the case. These are people that LIVE THERE. Their parents have. Their Grandparents...... What you are talking about is Imperialism. Forcing ones own will on others. Kinda hypocritical as that is how the US gained it's independence from England.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

In the nuclear age? Your damn right that’s what I’m saying.

Rather that then have a guy like Assad have a nuclear bomb (you know the facility the Israelis bomb in Syria a few months ago).
en.wikipedia.org...

What would have happened if Israel didn’t bomb the Iraqi facility years ago.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

In the nuclear age? Your damn right that’s what I’m saying.

But your reasoning is that they are trying to do the same thing.

An eye for eye right?

That's all I needed to know. Don't both replying, I refuse to converse with you any longer for the simple reason that you agree with Military Imperialism for Morality's sake.

Nothing I will ever say will change your opinion, and that's ok.

~Tenth

edit on 8/17/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

In our day and age when we don't need to send 10000 people to inflict damage or destroy a country, but one person with a nuclear suitcase. Yes thats exactly what I'm saying...

Spare me the moral lecture. Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism and Chinese folklore have all modernized the past 500 hundred years. Islam has not and unfortunately we don’t have time to let them go through 400 years of moral and ethical evolution.

Shocking to you? Even the Muslim scholars and modern voices in the Islamic world think the same. Why do you think the Arab uprising. If thats not evolution and transition what is...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join