It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric Human Brain Found Pickled in Bog

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Interesting article but old news. I read this last year

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Very weird you said that, Slayer. It's been looking like something I'd sautee w/ mushrooms since I began reading this.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I remember reading the "bog man" article years ago as well. Apparently, the ph of the bog, and the fact that it is anaerobic, helps to perfectly preserve whatever biological specimen is entombed within it.

Since it was mostly criminals who were tossed in the bog, I doubt it would be a good thing to clone this particular specimen...although, who knows, he or she would probably grow up and have a stellar career in politics or banking.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
More than 20 years ago as I was always in the library going through books, there was a story about "The Bog Men" There were a few photos showing some of those people that were found in the peat bogs. I remember reading that people were hung as punishment (for crimes?) and then thrown into the peat bogs. I saw one pic of a man who still had a portion of rope still around his neck, somewhat peaceful expression, in PERFECT condition, and his skin had darkened to a color similar to bronze. At that time, it didnt say anything about any brains intact within his skull, but I can bet anything the brains were still there along with all other vital organs. I wish I could remeber the country that was in. Judging by the pics, the man had a rounded face shape, possibly looked Asian, had closed eyes, but looked as if they could be almond shaped if opened. His clothing looked like it could be muslin-type, and I think he was also wearing a type of cloth cap on his head (looked similar to a Sufi's Dervish dancer's cap).

Low on time right now, but someone may find somewhere talking about the Bog Man.

Try "Piltdown Man"....
2nd

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by hp1229

The ATS Search Engine no longer works for me on Firefox. I don't know why. I think it was a Harvard Researcher, and I think there was some time frame like before the year 2020.

Maybe you can find the thread in ATS if you search a couple of words like brain, Harvard, slice, upload, etc.

I have Firefox, and the ATS search engine works fine for me. It isn't because of Firefox.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Give me a side of mashed potatoes and some ketchup, and I'll give you a scientific study. They should be careful with what research they do on this specimen, and only do the most important stuff imo, as they are unlikely to get another chance anytime soon. Although I have read some ancient cultures made a habit of disposing of bodies in such bogs, so possibly there may be others. But I know they've pulled many ancient bodies from peat bogs, and I've never heard of the brains being intact before...So I don't know how lucky they were. I'm sure there are some things that can be learned from this specimen, although I'm not entirely sure what.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Many have been found in Ireland

They were buried in bog land as punishment, so their soul could not find rest. Bog land is neither fully land or fully water but somewhere in-between, like being trapped between heaven and earth. If only the ancient Egyptians knew about the preservative quality's of turf!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join