It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigapan of SOL 3 (Curiosity rover) with "missing" images!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
mate i stand corrected!
thankgod! the images your producing are amazing!

Thanks, dude (American, here
)

I just wish I had those 11 other images to put into the pano.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Though the pano is amazing, still I smell something wrong with the straight haze line blanking out the mountains.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Thank you very much for your job!

The hunt is open.
S&F.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Nice job putting the time into this! Very nice work.

I just don't get why you keep making new threads instead of adding to one of your existing ones. I thought there was some rule on ATS that is in place to limit redundant threads and direct them to the previous discussion. It's not really a big deal, just mentioning it.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

saw what appears to be either a huge canyon type structure, or a dried up river.... it really makes me think that I'm looking at the bottom of a waterless ocean or lake (note the erosion lines above the "river"). What doesn't help is that this "river" leads right into a large gap of missing photographs, and does not come out on the other side.

Did you see the whiteish thing that looks like a fish carcass (and a creepy cross between a turtle and a snail to the right of it)?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus
Nice job putting the time into this! Very nice work.

I just don't get why you keep making new threads instead of adding to one of your existing ones. I thought there was some rule on ATS that is in place to limit redundant threads and direct them to the previous discussion. It's not really a big deal, just mentioning it.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

I hear you man, and you might be right, but at the same time - this can indeed be seen as a new topic.

- Because the panorama contains images that were hidden on the NASA servers.

Unless that's not good enough of a reason.

Oh hey - I don't mean that in a jerky way - I'm just saying (no way to convey tone on the internet
)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Guys - get on the missing images - they're at the bottom: the rover wheel, to the left of that, etc...

Cool stuff.

Are you talking about the most exposed wheel in the 360? And if so, are you referring to the two dark spots that look sandier than rocky, where the depth looks screwed up, and also almost looks like a sandy path leading to the left where there is a white missing image?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro

Guys - get on the missing images - they're at the bottom: the rover wheel, to the left of that, etc...

Cool stuff.

Are you talking about the most exposed wheel in the 360? And if so, are you referring to the two dark spots that look sandier than rocky, where the depth looks screwed up, and also almost looks like a sandy path leading to the left where there is a white missing image?

This is ALL I am saying.

Yes - The rover wheel is new and so are all of the images from there to the left - and there may be more. And go look at NASA's version, come back and tell me which one has more images and which one was stitched better.

The white blocks are still missing images that are still not available. I did my best to get a high resolution panorama of Mars for you folks and so I can have something to do. I do not see any stitching problems on mine.

NASA still has not released a SOL 3 panorama that has the missing images. They were hidden on their server.

So that's it - I'm just saying check out the extra images. I didn't say or imply there is anything there.

Is that ok?
edit on 8/16/2012 by impaired because: Spelling.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok, the last of the missing images are up. I can fill in the white areas now - including the from of Mount Sharp! Can't wait!

Downloading now. Will post complete panorama in about 2 hours in THIS thread (no more threads).

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I'm excited. I'm surprised at how good it looks even zoomed in really far. When I read your first topic I was thinking yea maybe you're being censored but you're probably just being paranoid.. I have been censored before though, almost couldn't figure out how to get back into internet land. Took a move and a new mac/ip.. hehe.

I'll be waiting right here for the rest.

Can't wait!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It seems there's some missing still (17 is one I noticed) but I'll automate a panorama when I've grabbed the current list. 010 to 120 right?

Cheers

edit: list of ones still missing:

017 is missing
029 is missing
078 is missing
079 is missing
103 is missing

edit on 16/8/12 by exponent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Come on brother I've seen better images of Arizona canyons than that!

The things NASA does to you guys, SMH...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247

Is this supposed to be a serious point? You think they launch these rovers with cameras better than anything we have on Earth?

Of course Earth based pictures are better. They can go to the shop when their camera breaks.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

My only point is that whoever thinks those pics were really taken on Mars is gullible and extremely susceptible to delusion.

Apologies to those offended, this will be my last time posting on any thread related to "Curiosity".

Here's a verifiable fact: NASA lies and covers their mess with more lies, over and over again.

Believe at your own risk...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

My only point is that whoever thinks those pics were really taken on Mars is gullible and extremely susceptible to delusion.

Apologies to those offended, this will be my last time posting on any thread related to "Curiosity".

Why did you bother posting at all? Here is confirmation Curiosity landed on mars from Australia:

www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au...

When you have anything remotely comparable to this to suggest that these images are fake, please present it. Until then lets focus on the actual images returned.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

It seems there's some missing still (17 is one I noticed) but I'll automate a panorama when I've grabbed the current list. 010 to 120 right?

Cheers

edit: list of ones still missing:

017 is missing
029 is missing
078 is missing
079 is missing
103 is missing

edit on 16/8/12 by exponent because: (no reason given)

I need these... It's hard without these.
Will keep trying.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Why did you bother posting at all? Here is confirmation Curiosity landed on mars from Australia:

www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au...

When you have anything remotely comparable to this to suggest that these images are fake, please present it. Until then lets focus on the actual images returned.

I wasn't bothered by typing a few words and clicking a button, rather I felt the overwhelming urge to give my 2 cents on this public forum that promotes differing opinions, but thanks for your concern.

You providing me with a link to a bunch of nothing is just that; nothing.

Verifiable facts: 1)NASA has lied 2)People are easily fooled

When you have a photo that you can PROVE to me was taken on the martian surface, I'll gladly consider, until then throw some ice in your kool aid bro, it helps!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This thread is about the GigaPan image. Your topic is off post. If you want to start a thread on the validity of the Curiosity rover, then please - feel free.

But not here.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This thread is about the GigaPan image. Your topic is off post. If you want to start a thread on the validity of the Curiosity rover, then please - feel free. But not here.

My comments are about the GigaPan image Mr. Moderator.

I never questioned the validity of the rover itself or the trip to Mars, just the validity of any images allegedly taken on the surface. I don't see how my comments are off topic.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I wasn't bothered by typing a few words and clicking a button, rather I felt the overwhelming urge to give my 2 cents on this public forum that promotes differing opinions, but thanks for your concern.

You providing me with a link to a bunch of nothing is just that; nothing.

So when these scientists say to you 'We tracked the landing of the MSL' you think that is "nothing"?

I think you've totally discredited yourself.

I need these... It's hard without these.
Will keep trying.

I've produced a temporary version using the thumbnails. However, I am very limited for internet access at the moment so this may take some time to upload (if I can even find a host!)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join