It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigapan of SOL 3 (Curiosity rover) with "missing" images!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

So when these scientists say to you 'We tracked the landing of the MSL' you think that is "nothing"? I think you've totally discredited yourself.

Scientist haven't said anything to ME directly, but lets assume they did for arguments sake.

So now what? Just because they "say" they did something am I suppose to blindly believe it?

Furthermore, how does them confirming a landing have anything to do with the validity of the photos they are releasing?

My issue is with the photos, not the landing, or the rover, or how much PSI is in the tires etc... All I care for is some proof that what I'm being shown really was taken on Mars and not in the southwest United States.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Objects in the sky..............or dust? Please can someone do that "solid? Not Solid" photo device thingy on it please! Ta!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
My issue is with the photos, not the landing, or the rover, or how much PSI is in the tires etc... All I care for is some proof that what I'm being shown really was taken on Mars and not in the southwest United States.

If you express endless cynical scepticism, there can never be an answer to any question. The rover has yet to even move, but it's likely that it will return unique and new science results. Whether you doubt these or not they are of interest here, and that is the subject of the thread.

As it's transmitted digitally, then no amount of analysis could ever suffice to prove it wasn't a 'perfect fake', so lets just focus on what is actually returned. I'm uploading a temporary panorama now.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
FYI
Some Sol10 images have been released (marked in orange) at MSL..... very dark shots.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I'm assuming they're just dust particles on the lens from entry or something along those lines. I'm honestly hoping that the Nibiru people don't get ahold of these pictures and start claiming that the dots are Nibiru's moons off in the impending distance, lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Why not just look at other images and see if the spots are in the same part of the frame?
Oh. They are. What does that tell you?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

BTW, the links have been fixed as expected. The "missing" images are again available.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 8/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Ok here is a first go of an automatic version with the low res images manually patched in.

This version is missing the first few images as they don't connect and make a full 360 and just look odd sticking off. The horizon is also off and there may be some slight eccentric distortion.

I'll clean it up once the other 5 are available:

Original:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
impaired.. Thanks for sharing this. with all the crap going on in the world this is a little piece or purity no matter what shady politics, hands in our pockets it took to get us there it's worth it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
OP just a heads up, new, high resolution images are up (from sol 3), to add to your 3d panorama.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nice one..........and thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Why not just look at other images and see if the spots are in the same part of the frame?
Oh. They are. What does that tell you?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

BTW, the links have been fixed as expected. The "missing" images are again available.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 8/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Phage...

This is a conspiracy site. Have you ever acknowledged a real conspiracy? It appears MK ULTRA is real, for instance. Are you in denial about that?

Now, obviously the images are up now. But you never explained why these missing images weren't in the NASA panorama from a week ago.

And why would people spam the threads, attempt to derail, etc?

So like I said - the images are up NOW. But they weren't. Server problems or rearranging? They were there for a week, Phage.

We could have accessed them back then if we knew how to.

So what's your take? You seem to know EVERYTHING, and my respect for you is diminishing only because I have YET to ever see you admit something - whether if your wrong or if someone else is right.

Once again - not saying anything IS up, but there were some "coincidental things" and yet again - the missing images.

Was that a lucid and logical query, now? Or am I just crazy?
edit on 8/16/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Also, for the record: The rover landed in a crater where they think there was water. They are there to search for life. How far fetched is it that there are fossils around? Tell me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think I'm actually seeing fossilization on one of the rocks off to the left of the new wheel... About god I want to say 4 feet I'm not too sure
edit on 16-8-2012 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Phage and his merry men will never admit to any sort of conspiracy being real, everything the government do is all GREAT to them. What's all the fuss about these pics Silicon Graphics made these pics for NASA honest!! Fair play doing the pano tho. NASA would of done all this testing in the 70-80s i.e rovers to mars they could of sent loads up there by now from NASA or secret bases, you no like that base in the desert Area 51 that no one can get near, that rover could be sending pics from area 51 now. There is no way to prove it you just have to take their word for it and be happy with the really nice images. Government lie all the time always will don't give a crap about anyone. Can't believe what they show me or tell me.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Nice work on the pan!

I hope you don't find this off topic, but having spent a lot of time and effort with these images, I wondered what your take is on the color balance provided in the NASA originals?

On previous rover missions, the rovers had a USA flag which could be used for color balance, but usually looked purple in the NASA images. Some claimed that if the color balance were corrected so that the flag showed its natural red, white and blue, then the sky would turn blue and the landscape showed green or blue (moss?) on the rocks. Hidden Colors of Mars

I'm not saying that's true, far from it, but I didn't see a photo with the USA flag on Curiosity (which I find curious) and the the rover in your pan looks more gray with muted colors (such as the red and yellow cables wires) than the bright white and colorfully cabled rover in the pre-flight images shown at this link: Curiosity Pre-Launch Images.

Obviously the pre-flight images are taken under different conditions than those on the Martian surface, but I wondered what you think of the color balance in the images used to build your pan?

edit on 17-8-2012 by Chronon because: Link added

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronon

Nice work on the pan!

I hope you don't find this off topic, but having spent a lot of time and effort with these images, I wondered what your take is on the color balance provided in the NASA originals?

On previous rover missions, the rovers had a USA flag which could be used for color balance, but usually looked purple in the NASA images. Some claimed that if the color balance were corrected so that the flag showed its natural red, white and blue, then the sky would turn blue and the landscape showed green or blue (moss?) on the rocks. Hidden Colors of Mars

I'm not saying that's true, far from it, but I didn't see a photo with the USA flag on Curiosity (which I find curious) and the the rover in your pan looks more gray with muted colors (such as the red and yellow cables wires) than the bright white and colorfully cabled rover in the pre-flight images shown at this link: Curiosity Pre-Launch Images.

Obviously the pre-flight images are taken under different conditions than those on the Martian surface, but I wondered what you think of the color balance in the images used to build your pan?

edit on 17-8-2012 by Chronon because: Link added

I see your point,
Isn't the light visible spectrum hitting Mars the same as of Earth? Unless Mars is lighted by a red dwarf sun, I can't see why all Mars pictures have faked reddish colors. Also keep in mind that Mars atmosphere is so thin that it shouldn't be able to filter or change visible light coming from the sun. AWB should work as on Earth and should produce non-reddish pictures.
edit on 17-8-2012 by starchaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
there is some type of strait object poking out the mnt on thee faar left of the image looks like somthing i cant quite put to gether seems like a craft if you ask me but cant quite figure that out yet when i zoom in its blurry but you can tell that its somthing huge

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
right, ok. I very rarely post on here but felt I need to point this out, in the new image with the wheel, to left a bit at the bottom, there is a strange rock, almost looks like bone, with a horn, will try to point it out properly when on pc, but if anyones sees what I mean please post it and explain it away as something normal, please. I must say, impaired did an excellent job with his images and I think there may be some things that we werent supposed to see, peace

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Alright. After much trouble and hard work, I've finally got the latest GigaPan up. Only missing 3 images!

gigapan.org...

Edit - only 2 now. One was hiding. Damn it. Now I have to start yet another pano!

edit on 8/17/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by starchaser

NASA may have a better source for white balanced images from Curiosity:

Mount Sharp Before and After White Balancing

Mount Sharp White Balanced

NASA's white balanced images look AMAZING and if this pan were made up of white balanced source images it would be AWESOME.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join