It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
OMG These images are GREAT! I feel like a little kid in a candy store! I want to jump up and down!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by impaired

In other news, ATS member Impaired has just sold his complete Gigapan image to Reuters for $15,000. Impaired commented on how 'he did a lot of hard work but after the efforts of him and him alone discovered a way of finding the high res images on NASA's site, he was able complete this work and find the highest bidder

edit on 16-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Btw, where is the evidence of this? Pics or it didn't happen

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I would hope billions of dollars didnt end up for a rover in Neveda
From alot of pictures I've seen and things I've seen discussed they say there was once water on Mars.

Only problem i see with that is wouldn't the rover landing would've blown it away? Considering the rover hasn't moved yet. Could be material that got turned upside down in landing and it showing the moist part? Meaning water.

I can't believe the whole finger thing. I get alot of the settlement pictures on Mars. The finger though no matter how well perserved would've decayed by now I would think. Especially the fingernail still being on there.
edit on 16-8-2012 by JWalk89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JWalk89
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Only problem i see with that is wouldn't the rover landing would've blown it away? Considering the rover hasn't moved yet. Could be material that got turned upside down in landing and it showing the moist part? Meaning water.

If the rover has not moved yet, then where is the parachute it came down in mister???

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Detatched? Hell if I know all I'm saying is that it supposedly hasn't moved yet.

See how nice and shiny those tracks still look?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LerroyJenkins

Hmm, doesn't work for me or I'm too stupid in the early morning. I've chosen this image:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

There is just one I in it but when I try to change this into E I get an error 'Access Forbidden'. So either this doesn't work for all photos or the already fixed this?
edit on 16-8-2012 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

In other news, ATS member Impaired has just sold his complete Gigapan image to Reuters for $15,000. Impaired commented on how 'he did a lot of hard work but after the efforts of him and him alone discovered a way of finding the high res images on NASA's site, he was able complete this work and find the highest bidder.

edit on 16-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Ahahaha! Come on, now....

Almost done downloading.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Oh yeah, one more thing:

So NASA released THEIR version of the SOL 3 pano with the missing data.

Now I ask - and I ask Phage as well:

Why weren't these images added to the press handout-image-pano if they already have them?????

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JWalk89

Heres a link mister.Hasn't moved yet.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

If the rover has not moved yet, then where is the parachute it came down in mister???

The rover didn't land with a parachute. This time they used a platform hoovering in the air and roped down the rover. After cutting/releasing the cables the platform moved away to crash in some distance. The parachute was just used to slow down the whole assembly in the atmosphere but not the rover.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

What you see in the circle are particles of sand so I believe. NASA may be trying to sensor this part for two reasons:

a) sand is found around all oceans and sea beds, so this either could be Earth sand (where NASA is shooting a FAKE photo), or...
b) this sand is in fact on MARS and could PROVE that there is (or are) elements of matter related to oceans, and therefore water on MARS.

You guys take your pick of my theories above. All comments on my post are welcome. Thank you

Sand is a grainsize term. It can also be formed by aeolian processes, just so you know

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

C'Mon, I thought it was hilarious.

Maybe it's just my South Australian humor. I did laugh, though, in the cinema when, during the movie Titanic, the man fell from the sinking Titanic and on the way down hit the propellor and free-spun into the water.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

You are doing it right.
I got an error as well but from the looks of things, they are still sorting things out. Some pics, the links already have been fixed to show in full res, others you have to manually enter the site info, and then there are some that just dont work.

The conspiracy continues...lol

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ok, I have good news and bad news:

Good news is I got most of them.

But the bad news? I only got 33 of 44.

So there will be missing data, but 33 of 44? That's STILL great. Getting on the pano right now...

The last few aren't coming up. Can you guys try for this one real quick and let me know?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Nope, doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Nope, doesn't work.

Ok...

That may be the middle of the image that's missing the data.

Regardless it's only 11 missing now out of 133. So I have 122. Nice.

Good work again, fellas. Working as we speak on "The Missing Data Panorama".

Muahahaah.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I saw your other thread and I don't think you are crazy. I just wonder why they would pull them from view. Did they miss something? Do they need to take something out? Put something in? I am really curious about curiosity's pics now...

And now the other thread just got spammed hard. They posted a hot chick in a bikini 15 times in a row. The poster is (well, was) new and has 15 posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get there quick before the mods clean it up. Just another brick to add to the wall.

I'm thinking this was a shill tactic to derail the thread. It's so damn obvious, considering that he was a new member and that was his only post activity.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I made honest attempt to read through the thread, but I started with looking at your pic, and then found myself looking at dozens of tractor treads for comparison.

What do you suppose these smudges are?

Can those be produced by rubbing against dry rock???

edit on 16-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

I didn't think you were crazy on your last post or this one. I have been trying to follow what you have been saying and honestly I don't understand what's going on here. Why on earth are they doing this? What is your opinion? You didn't see anything unusual in the original........seems kinda pointless

BECAUSE they may have decided to put better? Because they didn't feel like for the sake of feeling like or whatever other normal reason? Does it have to be ALWAYS some conspiracy and 'HIDING ALIENS'

Some people here are trying to make some silly conspiracy out of everything

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I made honest attempt to read through the thread, but I started with looking at your pic, and then found myself looking at dozens of tractor treads for comparison.

What do you suppose these smudges are?

Can those be produced by rubbing against dry rock???

edit on 16-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

Maybe smudges from martian poop

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join