It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

What's the purpose? The most obvious idea is that something in these pictures show something that they government does NOT want the public seeing. So are people going over these images with a fine tooth comb to figure out what that possibly is?

I don't believe that. It seems this is all done on purpose, like they want us to speculate.

If there really is stuff going on on mars they would've already known, and wouldn't have provided a means for us to watch over their shoulder.

It's a setup I tell you.

Not that I don't believe stuff could be going on there, but we are really not looking over their shoulder.
edit on 16-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Can you still get the full res images anywhere on the nasa site? Maybe the meant to post the thumbnails in the first place because a dozen 1gigabyte pictures would make for a slow page for some people. Maybe posting the fullsize images on that particular page was a mistake in the first place and it was meant to have thumbnails and the full size images were meant to be available else where. I really don't think there is a conspiracy.

The weirdest thing I have seen between the threads is the fact that someone spammed a picture of a bikini clad girl.. which I unfortunately missed. I have never seen anyone "spam" like that before on ATS.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is what i can see.
I dont know what the first little one is but it stood out and so did a finger.

And these remind me of a pendent and a small lion knocker like you see on some jewel boxes, just like the big ones made for door knockers.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Did you notice to the left of the wheel there is a rock that looks very different from the rest? It looks like a fossil...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Not sure for the reasoning and that it means anything but, I did notice the links have changed for the images.

What on the site now:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00003/mcam/0003ML0000089000E1_DXXX.jpg

Original link from wiki:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0003ML0000125000I1_DXXX&s=3

I took out the http:// so it would not show up as a link. notice it is now /msl-raw-images/msss/00003/ when it was

/msl/mutlimedia/raw/

edit on 16-8-2012 by the4thhorseman because: Fixed link

edit on 16-8-2012 by the4thhorseman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

ATTENTION!

The topic of this thread is: Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof

Stick to THAT topic and nothing else. Not other threads. Not what other members post. Not staff actions.

This topic only or your post will be removed!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I was wondering when a moderator would pop in

That is DEFINITELY A FINGER in that photo !!!!

However, if we did not send the rover to Mars this must be a part of Earth where cutting off fingers is not a crime
the Yakuza is now on Mars

edit on 16-8-2012 by The Magicians Apprentice because: WAFFLES ARE DELISCIOUS !!! yummmmmm
nom nom nom

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hello again my friend lol

Im here to debunk your stuff again.
Basicly the images were not pulled, the url's are just messed up. Probably the fault of their uploading system/thumbnail generator.

Notice the how the image is called on wiki :
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/0003ML0000125000E1_DXXX.jpg

Now lets check the nasa version:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00003/mcam/0003ML0000125000I1_DXXX.jpg

See a problem ? "E1_DXXX.jpg" on wiki and "l1_DXXX.jpg" on nasa

Switch the letter and you can access all lowres images on nasa's page.
Like this:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Enjoy
And be less paranoid please.

edit on 16/8/2012 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Dont forget that NASA has tonnes of IT contractors working there as consultants including web masters and server administrators among many different IT professionals. It could be anything as simple as one of OTJT contractor learning at the cost of tax payer

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Pretty interesting..The high res pictures is what most people want to see.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
See a problem ? "E1_DXXX.jpg" on wiki and "l1_DXXX.jpg" on nasa
Looks like someone made a boo boo by replacing the 1st position of the file prefix from alphabet to special character while transferring the files from one server to another or did a wild card search for renaming possibly different objects but forgot to bulletproof it
I'm sure the images posted are from other servers where they're re-processed and stored

edit on 16-8-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have a theory but I'm not sure how it could be proven.

When I look at that picture it looks like a picture of any standard gravel lot. And maybe that's the issue. The size of the gravel is "Standard" or almost uniform which would indicate being sent through a machining or pulverizing process.

If you've ever spent time in the desert you know that any given snapshot of the ground would show gravel of many different sizes and configurations - definitely not uniform.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LerroyJenkins
Maybe nasa is doing it for server space? Large pics like that take up a lot of hard drive space, so they made them thumbnails? just throwing something out there.

Of course its only saying 204kb ..im def interested

That would make no sense since they still have high resolution photos going back to when spirit and opportunity first landed.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Yep. I'm sure all the images aren't uploaded by hand. Their own mass uploader does it, some piece of software has to make low-res thumbnails as well. Basicly its just a little glitch in their system

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't think you're crazy I just don't get your point... NASA is the one that put them up there in the first place, they aren't just blindly posting pictures without reviewing them.. that's silly to suggest.. NASA studies all photos and publishes them afterwords.. They receive low resolution images before they receive the full resolution images... they swap them out all the time.. They also have taken images down to adjust white balance and re-post them afterwords..

There could also be other things in play... I worked for an ISP and we had a cluster of web servers that shared a filesystem on a NAS device.. when you'd update a file, not all of the web servers saw the change immediately.. so some refreshes would get one image and another refresh would look different..

The point being .. there's plenty of plausible reasons for what you saw... but censoring I don't believe is one of them.. if they didn't want an image seen they simply wouldn't post it in the first place.. a lot of people are downloading images the moment they come up and search engines cache things.... they simply wouldn't post something they didn't want you seeing..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
reply to post by hp1229

Yep. I'm sure all the images aren't uploaded by hand. Their own mass uploader does it, some piece of software has to make low-res thumbnails as well. Basicly its just a little glitch in their system

I am quite sure they review them all before anything gets posted... you also have photos that have captions at times.. I'm sure JPL / NASA has a team to maintain the site =) so it's not beyond reason that they are posted manually... They wouldn't post something without reviewing it because what IF a mother ship landed =) never going to happen.. but you get the idea

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Redundant post.
edit on 16-8-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
OH I find it very interesting to have fake pics, and these low resolution crapola fake mars pics at that. Then to switch and have high resoloution versions, but keep switching from high to low. WHAT IS WITH THAT? Bunch of creeps and again I ask, what happened to the billions?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I see a human finger on the left side of the pic! I can't get it out of my head. Finger nail and all.

Funny how you mention that as I saw it to but believe it is just my mind trying to find patterns in noise.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I see a human finger on the left side of the pic! I can't get it out of my head. Finger nail and all.

I SEE IT TOO! I have stared at the pic since it has been posted trying my hardest to find something. I got nothing. You said that...and BAM! Now it is all I can see. It looks just like a finger with the nail!!

I saw it even before I read his post.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join