It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by impaired

The last press conference before the landing (or the second before last) there was this female reporter who asked this NASA project scientist in the panel called Adam to reveal the secret he promissed her to reveal.

Maybe there is a connection between the two.

The answer the reporter received in reply to her question was that he didn't remember promising to reveal a secret to her. That I find very odd... How can a person forget something like that.

I tried to find this episode back on YouTube and show it to you but couldn't find it. If anybody out here on ATS knows what I am talking about and knows where I can find it on YT, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Yup, thank you, another person saw that. I was watching the entire thing.
So many questions they wouldn't answer. I also got a picture at the end of the stream that shows 2 orbs in the sky and when they showed it on the room everyone went crazy about the picture.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
On the top left hand-side of the wiki photo, if you zoom in you can clearly see a helically-spiraled fossil,or a "Ammonoidea" looking fossil You can search for it on google so you know what your looking for in the photo.

looks like marine life was on mars at one time.

no wonder they tried to remove it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The last press conference before the landing (or the second before last) there was this female reporter who asked this NASA project scientist in the panel called Adam to reveal the secret he promissed her to reveal.

The answer the reporter received in reply to her question was that he didn't remember promising to reveal a secret to her. That I find very odd... How can a person forget something like that.

I tried to find this episode back on YouTube and show it to you but couldn't find it. If anybody out here on ATS knows what I am talking about and knows where I can find it on YT, please do not hesitate to PM me.

I saw that as well. I believe it was the first press conference after the landing though.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The finger embedded within the rock is pretty freaky. I am not one to believe in theories suggesting our moon landings weren't real but that finger is just odd.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro

Originally posted by Larry L

Originally posted by Spotless
reply to post by Larry L

Im sure you'd find a ton of "fingers" in a gravel mining area. These are rocks! Rocks are in all shapes and sizes.
Doesn't change the fact that they are rocks. That "finger" is not something 100% made by intelligent being, not even close.

Do you not find it interesting what you just said right there in your attemp to insinuate that I'm just seeing shapes that aren't really there in random "rocks"? You said.....quoted right there for everyone to see......"a gravel mining area". And your little Fruedian (sp?) slip there is your sub-conscious mind telling you what your eyes are processing. And you sun-conscious is EXACTLY right. That looks like mining gravel from mineral exclaimation. Since when does nature (especially nature with little to no weather and water) make gravel fields? And if by chance this WERE a water/erosion made gravel fields from millions of years ago, at least MOST of the gravel would be fairly smooth. The curiosity picture is showing the opposite of that. Everything is jagged and broken, not smooth and eroded.

Gravel fields are made by mining/excavation, and high powered explosions. Either way this stuff is artificial. And a rock is not going to be formed to look EXACTLY like a human finger, joints, fingernail and all by chance of nature. Especially not when it's located around other artificial looking stuff. While I don't believe in coincidence, I doo allow SOME room for it. But I'm sorry, all this human made looking debris laying around our moon and mars at this point is FAR beyond coincidence.

All these skeptics over the years constantly droning about how all this artifical looking stuff is just coincidence, and perodoilia, and tricks of light and shadow.......it's getting rediculous at this point. How much CLEARLY non-natural stuff do you need to see in the same place to realise it's now beyond the realm of coincidence? Now a CLEARLY human finger carved from stone and broken off a larger statue....and you're still saying "it's a pebble"? You people are in SUCH denial.

Though to be honest they all sound like the typical Jim Oberg type responses. WHich means they know EXACTLY what they're seeing, which is exactly what I'm seeing. They're just going to deny it and call it "coincidence" anyway, because they are enemies of the truth. Trust me....if Jim Oberg ever finds out who posted this "finger" image for the public to see, he'll quickly report that person to the NASA big wigs, and he'll be fired immediately. Just like what happened to Ken Johnston when it came out he was the one giving Richard Hoagland all the unedited pictures in which they were finding all that amazing stuff.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Larry L because: to add

It's inside of a crater. The surface of Mars, like the Moon, is covered in craters. Within the crater there will be fragments of rock as seen, as well as around the crater in the form of ejecta. If we find a metallic, clearly crafted object, or something to that degree, people will concede.

Rocks and other non-organic or intelligently designed objects that could easily be mistaken for such, are present all over this landscape. It is indeed your sub-conscious finding familiar things from your life (Earthly things) in the images you see of this non-Earth place.

OK, and I will entertain that train of thought if you can show me a single earthly example of a rock formed by nature that looks EXACTLY like a human finger. Not SLIGHTLY, like a finger, but EXACTLY like a finger. It has to have 2 joints and a fingernail, properly orientated. Not KINDA like a finger, because I can go out in the woods and find 38 twigs and rocks that if you used your imagination slightly resembles a finger. Show me a picture of something from nature that looks EXACTLY like a finger.

When you do that, I'll be on board with you that nature can make rocks that look EXACTLY like human fingers.

And also, while my theory is that this stuff was blown up by very large, truly city leveling bombs. I'm not saying it's impossible that it was in fact intense/multiple meteor strikes that blew to smithereens these entire civilizations. I'm more than willing to entertain that. These things didn't blow themselves up.

But it's you people that just don't seem to be capable of entertaining the idea that this is artifical debris, even though there's THOUSANDS of examples. Right angles, spheres, rings, boxes, wheels (the shape).......a human finger......these shapes don't (or rarely in the case of spheres) happen in nature. They suggest the hand of "man".

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
[What about the "finger" that you can see on the left side, complete with the nail. Or is it my imagination?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
the thumb is not the same, the rocks are different...
it is not the same is it

have they doctored the pics

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
if you look to the left and down from the "helmet, there appears to be the sole of a boot.......probably all stuff from the landing but fun to speculate anuways...
edit on 16-8-2012 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

Exactly. We're just having fun and speculating. But people are like getting angry over it. Haha.

But I truly believe they are only rocks. Any fossils or remnants of a possible past civilization or of past life would be buried under the crust. We would need humans to actually dig like archaeologists do here.

But then again, Mars is dead geologically - as far as we know. The crust does not recycle itself, so according to how I understand it, things couldn't get buried too deep.

Plus you have the Martian wind which blows like crazy, so all in all, is it really THAT improbable to see something? I don't know. Maybe an expert in geology can help.

Someone made a thread recently asking the same question - IF there was life there, could we see remnants (fossils, skeletons, artifacts) with the images we have now?

Good question.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cfnyaami
[What about the "finger" that you can see on the left side, complete with the nail. Or is it my imagination?

No - it sure does look like a finger, but I believe it's just a rock.

Or if you want to take a walk on the wild side and use our imaginations, could it be from a statue??

Who knows? Not I.

Originally posted by mkkkay
the thumb is not the same, the rocks are different...
it is not the same is it

have they doctored the pics

I don't know if they doctored them. I mean, I got all of the raw images and made the pano. I think I would be able to see and hints of doctoring, but then again my forte is NOT messing with images. I just happened to be able to find a way to make better panoramas than NASA. I'm not saying by any means that I'm better than their photo team, but it was beginners luck for me, and I remember how I did it, so I'm gonna make panoramas as a hobby now.

And of course I will pursue my music.

But as I said - it does LOOK like a finger. A lot of things in the image look like things, but we can't assume they actually ARE anything until we have more evidence, or proof.

And there's the double sided coin. We only get the images THEY give us, even though the "missing images" were not available to the public and we had to find a way to finagle them.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

I saw that as well. I believe it was the first press conference after the landing though.

You are probably right...thats why I couldn't find it. The first conference after the landing where all the NASA scientist involved with the curiousity project wear blue shirts...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LerroyJenkins
Maybe nasa is doing it for server space? Large pics like that take up a lot of hard drive space, so they made them thumbnails? just throwing something out there.

Of course its only saying 204kb ..im def interested

That's got to be the exact reason.

Thanks for throwing it out there.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They probably took down the photos to make us wonder why they took down the photos, thus wasting our time worrying about trivial issues.

NASA is a joke.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It does not make sense logically that you would find any recognizable remains of anything that was there.. The rover sits inside a vast crater made by impact of enormous power.
edit on 16-8-2012 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You can pull that image by replacing the I with E, on the NASA site, as one poster said about other images in your other thread. It didn't work for all, and for those that did the thumbnail at NASA was of a larger resolution, however the thumbnail at NASA for this threads picture of the wheel, is of the smaller size??

to edit. Yet the wiki thumbnail is of the intermediate size, different http addressr,

0003ML0000125000E1_DXXX.jpg/300 (300) px-0003ML0000125000E1_DXXX.jpg with the pixel size/and location twice repeated. (my brackets) If you want the missing full size pictures I guess you have to do the URL that way.

upload.wikimedia.org...

If you click on 'properties' when you open this thumbnail you will see the full address, although it is a wiki address, I'm not sure why the picture coding has to be different than NASA's Intermediary thumbnails, (most of the pictures that were not full resolution yesterday at JPL/NASA are now, also with a larger thumbnail)
edit on 16-8-2012 by smurfy because: link.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
nice work on gathering evidence, thats how you catch these criminals

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The black areas indicate images not yet returned by the rover

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It is all fake people. NASA is truly an ugly joke, and have succeeded in
sucking you all in, again. You think we would have learned by now.
As long as we keep believing, they will keep inventing fantasy missions
and scamming billions.

www.cluesforum.info...

They (NASA) purposesly court controversies (such as that contained within the OP),
which strongly indicate that some class of information uncovered from the
mission is being deliberately concealed.
This is done to indirectly validate the genuity of the endeavour, to excite blind
imaginations and to divert attentions and efforts away from the realisation and
exposure of the absolute fakery of it all.

And We Here are supposed to be the Awake Ones.

Jesus Wept!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't know if you tried this or not, but I put in a Google Image search for Mars Curiosity and set a parameter to only show the 1200x1200 res images. Not sure if any of these will help..

Edit:.. Can't get the link to work..
edit on 8/16/2012 by Morpheas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In all seriousness, I really think that something fishy is going on with the censorship the images. Maybe they looked a little "too much like earth." Personally, its my opinion that we did not land on mars, yet. Probably just a studio somewhere in the middle of the desert. We will never really know.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join