It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascinating Video: Muslim Imam explaining the technique in wife beating.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Remind me again where the "rule of thumb" expression came from?

Won't be the first "religious interpretation" to claim the right to dominate women...

There's a long history of that.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by CountDrac

Whats the truth? Most Islamic men disgust me. Yak.

What's the truth ? What would you say if I said " Most Christian and Jewish women disgust me " ?

Anyway, you disgust me with that offensive comment .

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

True, but all religions evolved and modern countries have separation of religion and state exactly for these reasons.

Having a society justify and teach on national TV how to hit women in the 21 century is disgusting and awful. It shows the true face of Islam and the Islamic countries these days…

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I agree, but real change will only truly come from within (that society) pressure and disdain from "outsiders" will typically result in "closing rank" making it stronger and with greater power/influence. Upside is the 21st century brings greater access to technology and the ability to experience the world outside of their small part of the globe. Perhaps it will help, someday...

P.S. from the video, Imam says: "there is beating etiquette..."
Well, good to know...

edit on 15-8-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

If that’s your argument then the English would have not forced their ethics on the world and make slavery against the law worldwide with the "Slavery Abolition Act 1833", and we would still have slaves in most of the world.

This is one example but I can apply that to almost any major humanitarian, moral or ethical evolution humanity made in the past 200 hundred years. Including the rights of woman in the western world.

edit on 15-8-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
OH jeeeese, I just face palmed myself so hard I have a concussion,

MY god!

How fast this topic turned into being about Christians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Because when Muslims cant defend or justify such behavior they go on the offensive or change the topic because they have nothing else to do or say.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It's like most religions. There is the doctrine in the Koran and then there is a culture that doctrine is practiced in. Many times, as with many religions, the artifacts of the culture get misinterpreted as tenants of the doctrine.

The guy in the video comes off as way out there. Before I believe his interpretation, I would need to see and study his references in the Koran. It is my understanding the Koran describes women as servants of Allah and to be treated with kindness.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Let's not forget that Christianity has only become well, what it is today in the last 50 years.

In all due respect, tenth, fifty years?

Heck, I am 62.

Need we once again go through all the reformation of the christian church?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

The problem is that in their culture this doctrine is practiced. In all of the islamic countries in the Middle East family honor is legal, as well as stoning of women.

Beating a woman is not even regarded as an issue or a problem. As you can see in the video, on national TV an Imam says there is a technique to it and in the eyes of the law and God its allowed.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This point wasn't raised, and I suspect because it's at the end.
Beating is only allowed when the wife won't sleep with him. First admonishments and threats, though. That way you can say you told her.

I love how he tries to spin it as respecting the wife because they aren't supposed to hit in the face.
pretty disgusting.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I can pull hundreds of quotes from the Bible that are completely and utterly ludicrous, just like I can Koran, or any other religious text.

The heart of Christianity is NOT leviticus, but the gospels, an there is a vast difference between what Christ taught and these others, in Islam and Jewish. Also, there is another hint, trail and path in Christianity, that leads to the gnostic gospels, and essenes where women were also the teachers and religious leaders equally.

All in all, all you have to do is read the gospels and note the difference. Christianity is a based on a book that went from violence to Peace. The other went from more peaceful to more violent.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

www.israelinbibleprophecy.com...

This was the term I was looking for, Abrogation

www.islamreview.com...

Abrogation is a term that means, rendered void. Older passages replaced by a new direction.

In an attempt to polish Islam's image, Muslim activists usually quote verses from the Quran that were written in the early days of the Islamic movement while Mohammed lived in Mecca. Those passages make Islam appear loving and harmless because they call for love, peace and patience. Such is a deception. The activists fail to tell gullible people that such verses, though still in the Quran, were nullified, abrogated, rendered void by later passages that incite killing, decapitations, maiming, terrorism and religious intolerance. The latter verses were penned while Mohammed’s headquarters was based in Medina.

Again, Christianity as using the bible, goes from violence to peace.

Islam does the opposite.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oh and science digest reveals a study that shows a vast difference between cultures that allow polygamy and those that are monogamous.

www.sciencedaily.com...

And is a BC, UBC study, my own province.

In cultures that permit men to take multiple wives, the intra-sexual competition that occurs causes greater levels of crime, violence, poverty and gender inequality than in societies that institutionalize and practice monogamous marriage.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

More like hey beautiful!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Culture and religious doctrine are two different things. The former preceded the latter in the case of Islam. There are purely ingrained cultural elements people practice that they confuse as endorsed by their religious doctrine. There many who do not know what the Koran says and are mislead by yahoo's as on the video.

A Christian equivalent could be Christians who "quote" the old testament as the word of Jesus. This is impossible yet it happens because of ignorance.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
This is a well-respected imam on national TV talking about how it’s allowed to beat a woman in Islam and he also explains the correct technique to do it.

When I hear and see this I feel like I’m in history class learning about Christianity in the dark ages.

youtu.be...
edit on 15-8-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

I don't beat my wife and i'm a christian sooo...different strokes for different folks. I'd have to say it's the other way around, my wife is all the time punching me in the arm. It's like being married to your best friend.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Sorry you’re wrong. First it’s not the yahoos in Islam but the majority who believe and practice this. Second Islamic countries follow religious law. The first doctrine before state laws are religious laws. There is no separation of religion and state in the Middle Eastern countries.

And please, enough with comparing Islam to Christianity. Putting aside the fact that the laws of Christianity are 100 times less violent then Islam. Even if they weren’t, in Christian countries religious laws don’t govern society.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That guy got "50 Shades of grey" all wrong.........
Seriously though. Those people are beyond help.
Im a spiritual guy but I hope most religions are on there way out.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymousman
Islam orders muslims to take care of their wives in order to protect this social institution against the effects of quarrels and disputes so as to eliminate, as far as possible, any negative effects that could destroy it.

Men shall take full care of women with the bounties with which God has favoured some of them more abundantly than others, and with what they may spend of theirown wealth. The righteous women are devout, guarding the intimacy which God has ordained to be guarded. (Verse 34)

comparativreligion.blogspot.com...

And them beat them if you don't get any, or if you feel inferior in any way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join