It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascinating Video: Muslim Imam explaining the technique in wife beating.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I won't argue that some beat there wives but can anyone here verify that the video's subtitles is actually what the man is saying?
Before I jump into how wrong it is to beat anyone I want to know if anyone can translate this to see it's legitimacy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, that technique is a biggest failure in islam and it's against the law.

This sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat' (in Mecca).

After praising, and thanking Allah he said:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib (Prophet's uncle) shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

www.islamicity.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumQuackers
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're going to tell me the Law overrides matters of deeply held Faith principle in Christianity?

I told you as clear as a bright summer day that the Law deters Xristians from beating their wives one whole hell of a lot more than any Xristian faith "maturation" as you so put it.

Well, thank you for the clarification. I believe we will just agree to disagree then and leave it there on that aspect of things. I don't believe we're coming from the same worldview to think man's law supersedes Faith for the majority of devout Christians and Catholics.

I don't believe penal code law is why Christians don't beat their wives. It's just flat out wrong...and it doesn't take a law for the vast majority to know it. It's morality...which, for most comes back to ..(drum roll) .. Faith.

The Fruit Loop in the video is just a nutjob under any banner or Faith...but the Muslims who don't condemn such things may as well endorse them by their silence too... IMO.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Two sides to anything:

en.wikipedia.org...

islamthought.wordpress.com...

While I've no doubt that there are some nasties in every culture, I do believe the general intent of this thread was to incite hysterical hatred for political purposes. Very shameful, really, to exploit ignorance this way.

Memri is worth a closer look- there is a strong political agenda there and they've been called out numerous times. Not a credible source in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Anybody who believes that this is normal Muslim practice is a phucking idiot.
I do not know one muslim who advocates the beatings of any women.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Please let me know your reaction if you caught your wife cheated on you. Naturally.

edit on 15-8-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

It sounds like you have some unresolved issues with Islam. Regardless...

"Islamic countries follow Islamic law" Yes and no. Saudi Arabia is steeped in Islam and the Koran is basically their Constitution. Indonesia's, the worlds largest primarily Islamic nation, laws look more like a western democracy's.

"...the law of Christianity..." I was not aware Christianity had laws. There are some commandments but they preceded the teaching of Christ by centuries. The word in the Gospels is far more understanding and open than the various teachings in the old testament. Which, by the way, were are the teachings of Judaism and a similar culture with norms you so rightly find repugnant.

"...a 100 times less violent..." The Crusades? The Inquisition? Witch Hunts?

"...Christian countries religious laws do not govern society..." True to an extent. The Bible has no equivalent of Sharia law. No such component. However it is easy to demonstrate many primarily Christian nations laws are based off of the ten Commandments.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

Muslim women don't cheat.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by abdel

I know that...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
Please let me know how you people will react if you caught your wife cheated on you. Naturally.

She would find her cute little behind out on the street quicker than she can say "Oh honey, it was an accident" The guy would find himself coming to in the emergency room with a rearranged nose.

Spits

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lol

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by abdel

No they just Stone them to death in Iran and practice Family Honor. I know plenty of muslims who do just that...
edit on 15-8-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is probably why there is such a huge human trafficking problem which degenerates to snuff films at its basest level.

There is no direction to go in this twisted way of barbarism but to spiral downward.

No wonder they think 20,000 virgins await them, they can torture these fine young innocents all they want until the cherry is popped then move on, is that respect?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

I was going to say. They just declare them rape victims and then honor kill them. Personally, I like the idea of kicking them out on their keester in disgrace. Who wants to be with a female who cheats on you anyway?

Like a beating would erase the dishonesty?

Meh....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

What exactly are you trying to say and blabbering about? You didn't argue or reference one point i made. So i guess you agree with me about everything...

Unless you have something specific to say about my statements and by that i mean not what you think my personal issues with Islam are. You are not my friend nor my shirk to make such a baseless stupid statement.

Then move on or post on topic...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by abdel

no they just stoned them to death in Iran and practice family honor. i know plenty of muslims who do just that...

What? You actually know Muslims who stone women to death? I suggest you inform the police.

While we're on the subject of stoning women, isn't that a Jewish tradition. I remember something in the bible about throwing the first stone.
edit on 15-8-2012 by abdel because: added the biblical reference

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by abdel

ohh , i did inform the police about a muslim beating his wife because she did not obey him. Sad thing was she dropped the charges because her own brothers threatened to kill her as well. SICK people...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by abdel

ohh , i did inform the police about a muslim beating his wife because she did not obey him. Sad thing was she dropped the charges because her own brothers threatened to kill her as well. SICK people...

Sorry for doubting you Drac but you talking bull sh1t

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
As much as I try to think hands off and come home these days....there is something we might be able to give them after all, now that I've had time to think on this a bit. Women and Gay/Lesbians want Combat roles, no barriers...no special treatment. Gi Jane stuff for the women and just treated normally for the guys.

Okay.. Let's expand upon that. Lets make a point of rotating more women and gay people through the posts overseas. I don't mean for risk because it's nothing like it was during Iraq. The numbers for most are pretty far out there for becoming a casualty.

I've come to the conclusion that this video demonstrates a need for just a bit more culture to be traded to some corners of the world before money and circumstance force us to look inward for awhile.

Perhaps the women in our forces can help share the culture and concept of defense by whatever means the situation requires....with those Arab women who this ANIMAL would talk of beating.

As for the Gay troops? Well, there have been more than one report lately of gays being executed in that part of the world. I think even the gay troops we have would tend to feel a bit nice about just being them in front of such "men" when there is nothing they can do about it...

Yeah, I think this video shows a real lack of culture that needs filled.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
What? You actually know Muslims who stone women to death? I suggest you inform the police.

Do you deny it happens?

While we're on the subject of stoning women, isn't that a Jewish tradition. I remember something in the bible about throwing the first stone.

I think supposedly Jesus put people on notice about that back around 28 AD.
That's if you're going to drag the Bible into this topic.

So, Are you saying the world has to wait another 2,000 years until Muslims catch on to the new way of thinking?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join