It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascinating Video: Muslim Imam explaining the technique in wife beating.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumQuackers

Well said! I was sitting at the bookstore and some guy plops down a pamphlet in front of me which explained all about how the Bible says feminism is bad and women don't know their place. I looked at the guy and asked him if he was coming on to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumQuackers

You're going to tell me the Law overrides matters of deeply held Faith principle in Christianity? No.... That isn't how I'm familiar with it, living in the Buckle of the Bible belt and as a non-Christian myself. The law happily coincides or, more often, is changed to be inline with Christian principle. If that isn't the case all over (and I know it's not), that's fine. It IS the case in this area of the nation....

It's definitely the Faith and people practicing it evolving over time and maturing beyond the brutality. As Bible bashers are quick to note when the topic comes up, the lines in the Bible that make some things outlaw and how to handle other matters are still there and easy enough to read. It's the choice of those embracing the teachings not to make them all a practical part of daily Faith, IMO. Eventually another King James type will publish a new version and those things won't even be there to read at all.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Let's not forget that Christianity has only become well, what it is today in the last 50 years.

Hell people use to lock up handicaps in their attic to prevent the church from finding out in some cases.

The abuse of women and children was still rampant in the church. Islam is no saint today and yes, a lot of is backward and yes not enough moderatore muslims who live the same way the xtians do, don't speak up.

All are compounding problems, along with the propaganda of course.

In any case, let's not jump on the anti-Islam wagon if we aren't going to nit pick every other religion into oblivion. Hardly any of them are better than the other over the long history they have.

~Tenth

I love that argument...

"Hey Christianity was bad, so give Islam a pass"

Islam on treatment of your wife.

4:34

Men are superior to women on account of the qualities with which God has gifted the one above the other, and on account of the outlay they make from their substance for them. Virtuous women are obedient, careful, during the husband's absence, because God has of them been careful. But chide those for whose refractoriness you have cause to fear; remove them into beds apart, and scourge them

Christianity on it.

Ephesians 5:25-29 - Husbands, continue loving YOUR wives, just as the Christ also loved the congregation and delivered up himself for it, 26 that he might sanctify it, cleansing it with the bath of water by means of the word, 27 that he might present the congregation to himself in its splendor, not having a spot or a wrinkle or any of such things, but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 In this way husbands ought to be loving their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself, 29 for no man ever hated his own flesh; but he feeds and cherishes it, as the Christ also does the congregation

Another words, treat your wife how christ treated you, which in Christianity means protect and care for her even till death.

edit on 15-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
A: It's their culture.

B: Some people will agree while others disagree with the practice.

C: That's their baggage.

D: I personally find the practice of a man beating a woman for whatever reason appalling.

E: Until there is a shift in Islamic cultural opinion the practice will continue.

F: Be extremely grateful that you were not born into that mindset and belief system.

There is more but what's the point.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

We can cherry pick from religious doctrine all we want my friend, none are better than the other.

I can pull hundreds of quotes from the Bible that are completely and utterly ludicrous, just like I can Koran, or any other religious text.

Please don't argue with straw men, that's all quotes from books is.

As a reminder there are still laws on the books in southern states that let you beat your wife with a strap, so long as it isn't any thicker than your thumb. Nobody uses it anymore, but it's still there

reply to post by CountDrac

The more you judge 1.7 billion people because you think our way of living is better than theirs, is very telling of what our society has become.

I don't defend their actions, but I do defend treating them like lesser humans because they have an oppressive religion, that is VERY similar to other oppressive religions or end up having the same repercussions as 'nationalism' and ' patriotism'.

You also can't possibly dissasociate the evolution, or non evolution of their society with the imperial take over of their nations by western powers. It's really hard to want to adopt a western mindset when they are responsible for killing millions of civilians over the last few decades in the name of peace and democracy.

The issue isn't just one of morality on their part, it's a matter of morality on ours.

~Tenth
edit on 8/15/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
This is a well-respected imam on national TV talking about how it’s allowed to beat a woman in Islam and he also explains the correct technique to do it.

When I hear and see this I feel like I’m in history class learning about Christianity in the dark ages.

youtu.be...
edit on 15-8-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

See how they treat women. Totally insane, like animals good only for slavery and sex. This man needs some serious mental help like deprogramming or something. How do these women stay attached to such a barbaric belief system. Or do they feed into it all by being abused for the pleasure of the men. The women could have ended it all a long time ago by offing their abusive husbands in the middle of the night. Then they would really have something to fear and not just a women's outer beauty which obviously they cannot handle with any self respect. They might get a feeling, if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh you know what, my neighbor used to beat his wife, so its okay if I do?

That makes perfect sense, its in the Qur'an theology to treat women lesser than man and beat them, its in the very book, it is not however in the bible.

SO I guess its okay for you to compare the two religions for your argument, just not for me with mine?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well this dude just reinforces what I've felt for a long time - F*** RELIGION!!!! Organised religion has caused more death and suffering on this planet than ANYTHING else.
Excluding the genuinely mentally ill, human beings are born with the capacity for emotions like empathy. This gives each individual the capacity to decide what is RIGHT and WRONG entirely without outside influence. Why, in the 21st century, do some still feel the need to have some ancient book tell them how to live. JUST TRY AND BE A GOOD PERSON!!!!!!!!
Or is the draw of these books, be it the bible or koran, that it gives people justification to F*** other people over?

I personally don't believe in "god", but if he does exist, I sure don't think he'd be cool with anyone using him as reason to harm others.
And if he really does think you should discipline your wife by beating her, or if he really says that gay people will "go to hell" then I for one say F*** HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You misunderstand.

I didn't tell you to no compare the two religions, I stated that it was silly to do it via specific quotes as that's open to interpretation among many other problems.

My comparison was that of social evolution and cultural evolution over the years. Christianity wasn't too far behind Islam 50 to 100 years ago and not because of what it said in the Bible, but because of how people viewed and interpreted it.

The same will occur with Islam over time, as the moderates become mroe and more prevelant and take charge of their religion. Until them however, we are left with crazy morons like this one.

**Personal Note** I think all organized religion should be abolished and outlawed honestly, the same they do with cults. I think personal religion is completely fine though.

~Tenth
edit on 8/15/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I do not speak Arabic and do not know whether the video is from widely watched television network or something made in someone's basement. Can anybody confirm if the translation in the video is accurate and that the video comes from a widely watched television show?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're going to tell me the Law overrides matters of deeply held Faith principle in Christianity?

I told you as clear as a bright summer day that the Law deters Xristians from beating their wives one whole hell of a lot more than any Xristian faith "maturation" as you so put it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The same will occur with Islam over time, as the moderates become mroe and more prevelant and take charge of their religion. Until them however, we are left with crazy morons like this one.

How about any religion that violates humanitarian abuse should be held to international standards no matter what it is, Catholics, Muslims.

Instead of apologizing and excusing islam those practices that violate human rights should be openly condemn, no matter what, They should be held to the standards of today and not the past.

I think all organized religion should be abolished and outlawed honestly, the same they do with cults. I think personal religion is completely fine though.

Its my Personal opinion that that is just as ignorant as the man preaching beating his wife, what is the line between banning organization and banning religion.

Limiting the gathering and organization of a religion is just as much a human rights violation as anything else.

See, I may not agree with Islam, but im in America and Ill fight and die for their right to practice their beliefs as long as they do not violate the current laws of the land.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I’m sorry dude I have not idea where your getting your facts and miss information from. Christianity has evolved since the separation of church and state starting at the 16 century. Unless we are reading different historical textbooks you are 400 hundred years off.

In regards to Muslims being oppressed. Almost every single nation, ethnicity or religious group can say that. What about the abuse the Koreans and Chinese got from the Japanese for hundreds of years. I don’t see Koreans stoning their women. What about the Jews for thousands of years. I don’t see them taking their frustrations out on there women. What about black people and slavery. I don’t see black leaders saying go beat your wives or stone them to death if they cheat on you.

The premise of your argument and justifications are laughable. We are in the 21st century. No matter what religion, race, color or belief system you have. With the technology today, Internet, cell phones and basic human intelligence. There is no justification to treating, beating or stoning women.

Any person with a minimum level of 100IQ can make a moral decision and simple reasoning of “what I don’t want done to me, I shouldn’t do to others.”
I’m sure these guys stoning the women in Iran wouldn’t want there head bashed in with stones…

And by the way, not judging other cultures or religions even if we think they are wrong is the stupidest argument I ever heard. If that were the case Hitler would have killed all the Jews and controlled all of Europe. And black people would still be slaves and the list goes on…

Humanity would have not evolved if we didn’t stop these atrocities and help cultures out of primitive behavior.

Dracula out

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

agreed, I'm amazed some people are still arguing about this...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Oh god...another sleepless night.....another rant....this has absolutely nothing to do with any religion, spiritual mindset, cultural beliefs or any other damn excuse they might summon up. This is about infringements, in a violent manner, of one human beings right NOT to be abused by another. That's all it is.

He talks about honouring a woman by disciplining her....any culture, for what ever reason, that condones...no wait....actually PROMOTES this kind of behaviour, is a problem that should not be explained away. It should not be passed off as none of our business. Some issues should be tackled whether or not they are ours. This is one of them. Let anyone do as he wishes...as long as he causes no harm to anyone else. Believe in whichever or however many gods you choose, but leave the next human alone.

edit on 15-8-2012 by caitlinfae because: crappy typos yet again.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I agree, ladies or children getting beat up is everyone's business.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Islam orders muslims to take care of their wives in order to protect this social institution against the effects of quarrels and disputes so as to eliminate, as far as possible, any negative effects that could destroy it.

Men shall take full care of women with the bounties with which God has favoured some of them more abundantly than others, and with what they may spend of theirown wealth. The righteous women are devout, guarding the intimacy which God has ordained to be guarded. (Verse 34)

comparativreligion.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
but on the flip side, How about the US where women blatantly abuse men (with raised fist and even to the face! omg!) and males cant defend themselves for fear of being deemed abusive for simply being retaliatory to someone attempting to cause them bodily harm. I hear about and see more woman beating up guys than vice versa and it isn't just me! Think I'm bs'ing?

A University of Florida study recently found women are more likely than men to "stalk, attack and abuse" their partners. “We’re seeing women in relationships acting differently nowadays than we have in the past,” said Angela Gover, a UF criminologist who led the research. “The nature of criminality has been changing for females, and this change is reflected in intimate relationships as well.”

California State University surveyed 1,000 college women: 30% admitted they assaulted a male partner. Their most common reasons: (1) my partner wasn't listening to me; (2) my partner wasn't being sensitive to my needs; and (3) I wished to gain my partner's attention.

^ not to teach them or discipline them. Not condoning that crazy Islam belief whatsoever, just playing Devils advocate to show the grass isn't so much better on the other side.

divorcesupport.about.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Yes, and in the US its illegal and called domestic abuse. You can go to jail for such behavior.

In muslim countries its not only legal but accepted...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Orphaned at 9 and abused in multiple ways.

Told my husband when we started getting serious, "if you ever even raise your hand to me, that is it - over - no second chance. I put up with being abused for 11 years, no more."

Thankfully I am treated like a queen.

Been 38 good years together.

Would love to get that old Muslim in a room alone with my steel baseball bat for just ten minutes. Guarantee you he would never hit another living thing again.

A real man is kind not cruel.

I won't offer my opinion on Islamic practices because they could not be printed on ATS.

I really would like ten minutes in a room with that old guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join