It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascinating Video: Muslim Imam explaining the technique in wife beating.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is a well-respected imam on national TV talking about how it’s allowed to beat a woman in Islam and he also explains the correct technique to do it.

When I hear and see this I feel like I’m in history class learning about Christianity in the dark ages.

youtu.be...
edit on 15-8-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
More like Sickening and not Fascinating...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

one day people will hopefully start seeing the truth about islam.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If it comes from the chest, it comes with respect.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Or Judaism or Scientology or Christianity or Beiberism?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Whats the truth? Most Islamic men disgust me. Yak.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Animal! I won't generalize...but HE is an ANIMAL! 1:00 or so he is talking about how you Honor her by beating her. It seems that Not hitting her in the face and making her ugly.....is honoring her. Oh, and it's VERY important not to CURSE her while beating her. He wags his finger at that point. ...Better not break bones while beating her or cause serious injury.....and that's as much as I could watch.

I think your comparison is very apt as Christianity WAS this bad at one time and developed/matured beyond some of the more base parts of the Scriptures. It might even be fair to say Faiths make that progression at different speeds, to be sure.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Islam is not a religion of peace. its a religion that did not modernize in 500 years.

Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I want to see him get beaten!!!!!

What a crock of crap....

guess it's ok to beat your Mother also!!!

Entitled, self serving idiots!!!
edit on 8/15/2012 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Let's not forget that Christianity has only become well, what it is today in the last 50 years.

Hell people use to lock up handicaps in their attic to prevent the church from finding out in some cases.

The abuse of women and children was still rampant in the church. Islam is no saint today and yes, a lot of is backward and yes not enough moderatore muslims who live the same way the xtians do, don't speak up.

All are compounding problems, along with the propaganda of course.

In any case, let's not jump on the anti-Islam wagon if we aren't going to nit pick every other religion into oblivion. Hardly any of them are better than the other over the long history they have.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I prefer to beat my shorties with a 3-4 ft piece of rebar.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Let's not forget all races and people of all backgrounds have the same issues.

Your next door neighbor could be a wife beater, he doesn't have to be Muslim.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

its not anti islam wagon. its shows the state of affairs in Islam today,and its relevancy to the world we live in.
Islam did not modernize in the last 500 years, and its leaders, practices and behavior are effecting the entire world.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

you missed the best part. A man is allowed only to beat his woman if she does not agree to sleep with him.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Let's not forget all races and people of all backgrounds have the same issues.

Your next door neighbor could be a wife beater, he doesn't have to be Muslim.
but I doubt the neighbour would be bragging about it,he would be hiding it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yup, but islamic nations have been very isolated, except in the last few decades, more and more people visiting other nations and immigrating to other nations.

The vast majority of muslims I meet in Canada are very moder and moderate in their religious views.

I wish they would represent themselves however, and be hard, otherwise they let the extremists determine their image world wide.

It will get better, they will modernize and come to terms with our society in the 21st century. However the other nations of the world might want to stop meddling in their affairs and deciding who is the leader of each of those nations.

You'll notice all the ones there currently are ones that Western and European nations put in charge, they are they are all very extremist in their views.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sorry you’re wrong. They have not been isolated but have chosen this religious way. In Iran women are allowed to still be stoned to death.

As for Muslim in western countries, there is still the highest rate of family honor and wife killings in the Islamic world. Check the statistics in France and England alone…

I don’t care why Muslims are the way they are. Just like I don’t care what demented reasons Hitler had to decide to kill the Jews. Whether it was his mental sickness, child abuse, who cares. He was wrong and did an awful thing.

Same with Muslims and Islam, spare me the excuses and reasoning. They are well aware of western cultures and how human beings should behave in the modern era.

And even if they were isolated as you say. Do you have to be a brain surgeon to make an ethical decision that stoning a woman to death for adultery or hurting any human being for not sleeping with you the 21st century is wrong.

Spare me your argument, the more you defend it the worse it sounds.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think your comparison is very apt as Christianity WAS this bad at one time and developed/matured beyond some of the more base parts of the Scriptures. It might even be fair to say Faiths make that progression at different speeds, to be sure.

The institution of civil and criminal penalties for wife beating was the deterrent in the U.S. not the maturation of the Xristian faith.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join