It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Get off Facebook right now!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
Perhaps you people who are scared of Facebook and scared of big brother have got something to hide??

I for one am not afraid. Not of facebook. Not of my government. Not of the police.

Let them watch me, they'll find out that I like conspiracy and that I'm suspicious as hell. Well good!

Might give them something to think about, and if NWO ever arrives on my door step I'll be part of the resistance so they'll find out who we (the good people) are when they go all Nazi on our ass.

Woop de doop. Facebook is fine. Bring on the face recognized discounts.

I stopped reading this thread at this post right here...
You said it all! Star for you....a thousand of them if I could!

All these people whining and complaining about fb this and fb that.
I use fb...I share information I gather from other place there. Share it with those who are "unaware" and those who are "aware" alike.
Words are our weapons and we should be using them while we can....the propaganda is constantly being pumped out by "the machine". Both mainstream and controlled alternative sources are constantly pumping bs propaganda into the mind's of the masses while we sit here and circle jerk (and yeah, that is about what it boils down to because many here are already "in the know" < well some are)

What is the point in sharing all this information if we aren't working to plant seeds in the mind's of those who are yet to receive bits of truth? Not that we should be pushing agendas....I try to share all angles, that is the way my mind works anyways....but at least we can share information that may cause others to THINK...that is all, THINK for themselves. Come to their own conclusions about things.

Those who claim fb is essentially "the devil" (as many here seem to claim with this "get off fb NOW" garbage) are the same ones that will bow down when the time comes to stand tall. Those willing to stand tall NOW are the ones that will stand tall when crap hits the fan.

Hey, at least with threads like these we know who WON'T be ready to fight the real battles......
Sorry, but it just seems cowardly to me to act like we have to hide in the shadows....

FEAR is the enemy. "They" have many (here and abound) scared to death and many don't even realize they are.
Yeah, I know, I know...pick our battles and all that.
Well, I for one have chose mine and I will stand tall NOW and when the time comes. I do NOT fear my government, I do NOT fear "big brother"....and in the end I could care less if they know who I am or not....I WANT them to know who I am! Not a "come and get me" mentality, rather a "here we are and we won't back down" attitude.

Walk your talk people!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I will tell you how to easily get around this without having to ever worry about being in the database, and still can keep your facebook.

No Need To Trip

reply to post by chemistry

It's as simple as this. They can only log you in the database, if you actually have pictures on facebook revealing your face. I myself, only have one pic, for my profile picture, and that pic IS ME, but i am wearing a bandanna, a tubogen, and have distorted all the color in the picture. Not even giving my eye color away, through editing in photoshop. Enough said. If you don't want to live in fear from this new technology, don't give it the information.

"Intelligence Above Ignorance" ^-=_iAi_=-^

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I tried to tell you that years ago.
Silly Goose

3rd Line

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The movie Minority Report demonstrated the cutting edge of many Big Brother programs and agendas include facial recognition, iris scans, and advanced computer programs, rfid tracking etc. People who think it is not going to affect them are naive about this stuff. Orwell here we come.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Thanks a lot.. And thanks Hannah aswell. Its gone
if i dont log back into it within 14 days of course

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Of all the sites, this one is the last place I'd expect to find so many docile people perfectly fine with such invasive action taken against personal privacy! This is exactly the type of attitude they're looking for! They want you to be obedient sheep that won't cause any trouble. Why are ok with this?

How many posts did I read "I'm boring, if they want to watch then all the power to them"....all the power to them? That is exactly what you're giving them.

Why are you so eager to give up your liberties? If I want to peek into your windows at night and watch your family, would you be ok with that? I'm sure it will be boring and you claim you have nothing to hide, so can I do it?

Stand up for yourselves, dammit. It's bad enough you're getting molested willingly just to board a bloody plane.
edit on 16-8-2012 by LadyMachiatto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

sighh...... not surprising at all

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyMachiatto

Well, I for one am not saying that at all. I am not saying it is ok with me but I alone cannot change what they are doing. I can only resist and try to share as much information that I find relevant. What is one person going to do to stop this? There is no organization amongst those who claim to care, no mobilization, no plan....

What I see more than anything are people bowing down, either running and hiding to protect "me and mine" or refusing to speak up and stand tall because they are afraid of the repercussions....if they weren't there would be so many trying to remain in the shadows.

We can never hope to change it if we aren't willing to put ourselves on the line! Hiding behind the mask of anonymity will change nothing. (Of course, standing up, even under the threat of death or imprisonment might not either...but it is worth a shot in my opinion)

I cannot reach those who do not yet see the things that many of us are exposed to here on a daily basis...things that some of us have been researching for years (I have got 10 years in this "game" and MANY others have way more time than that and have researched an studied a WHOLE LOT more than I have)

With regards to fb, I have many from my old high school, people I grew up with, who are yet to hear much of the information that many of us know like "the back of our hand"....I have family that isn't "in the know" and others that I have picked up over time through various mutual friends, etc...
How am I going to reach them if I don't put myself on the line?
Sure, EVERYDAY I speak out in "the real world"....I utilize every opportunity to inject some truth and information that may provoke though into virtually every conversation I can....I annoy the hell out of people at the supermarket, at the dentist's office, at the gas station...every chance I get....and when I am on fb I am constantly trying to post though provoking stuff....not to have others follow but to force them to think so they can lead (their own selves)

Being "ok" with it and standing tall in the face of it.......at least for me......are two very different things.
But if you know a way one man can change the entire structure, please...let me know, I'll do what I can...
Until then I must work within the constraints....my family and friends aren't coming here or other forums I frequent...they are all on fb....
I don't want to sit and "circle jerk" my entire life...I want to be prepared and aware, yet unafraid...and I am!

Sorry to say but these things won't control me, they won't stop me from posting information and they won't get me without a fight! Many say it, I don't try to all the time. I KNOW where I stand!

edit on 16-8-2012 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This is so dumb...

Okay to simplify, if you are at a party, take a picture, and in the background somone is commiting a crime, they can use your facebook to make you an accomplice.

If you have a party for your kids and you take pictures, you may be fined, if you don't have the proper permits, as per the post on this site.

If you have you picture taken on the street, and their is a terrorist with you or near you, or they are asking you for the time, you could be detained indefinetly, it just has to be on facebook.

If your neighbor turn out to be a sex offender, and one of you has a facebook picture of being together, then you will be treated as a sex offender, until they search through everything you have.

If your facebook friend turns out to be hacking, you will be put on a watch list.

If a girl you take picture with at a bar, turn out to be associated with drug dealers, guess what... you will be questioned and watched..

...but uf your not doing anything wrong right?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

Loled at the discounts

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
This is so dumb...

Okay to simplify, if you are at a party, take a picture, and in the background somone is commiting a crime, they can use your facebook to make you an accomplice.

If you have a party for your kids and you take pictures, you may be fined, if you don't have the proper permits, as per the post on this site.

If you have you picture taken on the street, and their is a terrorist with you or near you, or they are asking you for the time, you could be detained indefinetly, it just has to be on facebook.

If your neighbor turn out to be a sex offender, and one of you has a facebook picture of being together, then you will be treated as a sex offender, until they search through everything you have.

If your facebook friend turns out to be hacking, you will be put on a watch list.

If a girl you take picture with at a bar, turn out to be associated with drug dealers, guess what... you will be questioned and watched..

...but uf your not doing anything wrong right?

I highly doubt any of that is the "norm" of what is done with pictures put on facebook at all. But in most cases involving pictures, its down to the user to set privacy settings accordingly. Or just be careful who is your friend on facebook. If you have 500 friends and do not limit post visibility on sensitive status updates and pictures, or upload pictures that are view-able to the public, you are asking for trouble. Facebook is constantly improving their privacy features to keep up with the demand of its users who are concerned about who can see their information.

On the other side of this though, police have been doing the above since before facebook. If someone committed a crime and witnesses say you were there or have seen you with or talking to the person, the police will likely contact you to find out more information. This pretty much applies to all the other scenarios you posted as well. (There is no way the police would be able to charge someone an accomplice in a crime unless they were overtly taking pictures of the actual crime.) The birthday party scenario i have not read about, but it sounds like you are over simplifying it. The "watch list" claim is just baseless, everybody claims they are on "watch lists" I have never seen anyone provide proof.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

get at work, you!
Erase!
Erase!

no, not, no, then comes the emotiontrackingdevice.. 666Beast! The glorious insane.

How much time do we have left? Beast, beast..

Twisting, turning through the never. Sorry, it was consciousnesstrackingdevice. See, you're seen. Playdough was fun. Wafels are yummy. Hate! Hate!!!

chickenleg, back to the pre(a)sent.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I see this everyday where I work...and I know for a fact that the scenario I posted is not a fantasy situation...

...but it is a very scary one and very well put forward by you.

This idea that if you do not have social networking you are psycho is very worrying as well and so wrong. Whilst I am old enough to perhaps get away with saying "Facebook? What is that?" I somehow think they would not believe me once they knew my occupation. This need to blather your every detail to the world at large is something that has been fostered by sites like Facebook and encouraged, I have no doubt, by the thoughts of the shekels that can be made from advertising. There is however absolutely no consideration for the person. I bought some urine testing sticks on Amazon the other day, more for curiosity than anything else, and Amazon wanted me to tell my Facebook friends about my purchase. On yer
bike Amazon. Do what!!!!

If I go into a store I go in with a purpose and i do not want someone offering me goods that are of no interest and which i did not go in to purchase. I am not mindlessly browsing and the object of the exercise is to go in, make a purchase and get out again as quickly as possible.

I don't have GPS switched off on my mobile phone because it does not have GPS, or a camera, and it is going to stay that way. Same with the car. It has no GPS or tracking devices, being a '95 model, and similarly it is going to stay that way.

Guess I am marked anyway then!! I get the feeling every day more and more that I am turning into Mel Gibson - (my better half wishes!) - as in 'Conspiracy'.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

Very succinctly put and regrettably very right Tollon, as usual.

In fact the only thing you could add to that is numberplate recognition.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Why does the title state, "Warning: Get off Facebook Now!"?????

I assume the OP definitely has a bias and an opinion to share with the linked story, but the title is so slanted.

Let the reader make up his/her mind, free of biased titles.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I put tape over my laptops webcam and created a fake name on Facebook.....told all of my friends my fake name and told them never to use my real name on there. I also never give out information on Facebook that I wouldn't divulge to a homeless man on the street. Only the ignorant will be trapped by Facebook and they deserve it for spilling all details of their life from day to day anyway. Just stupid.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I read the original post and the first page, I'll be reading the rest after this reply.

I've been trying to gain control over my internet footprint since early spring. The first thing I did was put bogus information in all the profiles I use (Yahoo, MSN, etc.). I removed all pictures and erased my contacts, leaving only one bogus contact. I kept most of my info in Facebook, but used every security feature and trick available. Then to test it, I used my now empty Yahoo email to create a fake Facebook profile that I could use to test Facebook's security.

Now this is the weird part. When I created that profile, I never used that email in Facebook before and I removed my contacts from that email a month prior. While creating the new Facebook profile, I refused the option to allow Facebook to add my now non-existent contacts to the new account, but once I finished the new bogus profile, Facebook suggested a person from the contact list I had erased as my first friend! This was someone I had contact with primarily through Yahoo, but he was erased from my contacts!

So I then check my security on Facebook with the new bogus account and all my security measures seemed to be working. However, while on my real Facebook account I noticed that I could still see people on my friends list that closed their Facebook account a year or more ago. There was nothing more than a name as their profiles were gone, but that connection was never erased, making me a friend for ever with people who left Facebook.

Now all this. I will be removing my pics and requesting anyone who tagged me to remove those pics as well. My profile information will be further reduced and altered. Ultimately I will leave, but not before un-friending everyone on my friend's list.
edit on 16-8-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For clairity

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I thought google was big brother.

it's all coming together give it time

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Only dopes upload anything traceable back to themselves to the Internet.

/facts

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It would not surprise me if it will come out that this whole facial recognition tec/ intelligence is probably already up and running...Just like there are other "out of this world" millitairy stuf watching who ever tor what 'they' are interested in.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join