Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Warning: Get off Facebook right now!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
> Facebook did nothing wrong, they are a business and not there for public relations.
> Facebook specifically stated in their ToS and Privacy Policy what they were doing and that they would eventually change it in the future.
> Facebook is pretty upfront about things like upcoming features.
> Not everyone has something to hide or want anonymity but those that do tend to complain about facebook, even though they willingly register and post their personal information on there.
> Just about any security feature can be enabled or disabled in the account options / privacy options. Typically you have to opt-into things.
> Facebook can do whatever they want, it's not your pages, it's their pages with you putting in data entries in it (people believe it is their page but they are wrong).
> It's a "FREE" service.
> You're not obligated to enter any actual personal information about yourself, you can create a new persona on it and role-play if you like as long as you're not impersonating someone else.
> You can unlike posts, pages, and apps at any time.
> You can remove your posts, pages, and subscriptions at any time.
> You can delete your account at any time.
> The acronyms are clearly monitoring facebook, so if you have a problem with that, then don't use it.
> For what it is, it is incredibly USEFUL to millions around the world. For those that it isn't useful for, they just move on with their lives or should at least consider doing so.

I understand that this is just a warning or whatever, but really, you have to opt-into the face recognition thing and face tagging has always been around. Technically if one were to have a problem with it, it would have been back then. I think the reason why these threads get closed or deleted is because it's illogical to complain about facebook, a corporation, that has the liberty to do what they want when they want and people can opt-out whenever they desire or just not join at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
the 2 sources quoted here, daily mail and infowars. sensationalist fearmongers, the pair of them.

if you dont want the tech, dont use it. If TPTB want to turn this tech on us, they'll do it anyway, regardless of what you do on facebook. You don't think they're already using profiling on cctv etc? You have to submit photos for driving licence etc, you've already given them all they need. To think that they need pictures of people in party hats and drinking beer to make this a reality is naive, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

What if you realize they have had this technology, and that you knew that FB was used as a source for this and even more eerie behavoral predictors a long time ago if not from the start....and just do not give a ****. I'm certain I had a file long before FB....if they want to add my kid craming cake in his face go ahead.

I do agree it's scary stuff though, and I would like to see legislation making the use of such cameras illegal....if politicians in this country wanted to convince me they stood for anything they would submit a privacy act limiting such usage.....of course it would be as well enforced as Logan Act, but at least they'd have to stay behind an illusion of compliance.

What I find most interesting about these stories are the number of people surprised that this is possible......it's been possible.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

Heh, The Powers That Be... I wonder if you realize who the TPTB are? The rich, well they just do what they're told. They do what the money tells them to do, go where the money tells them to go. The people, well they just do what the money tells them to do, go where the money tells them to go. You see the rich are controlled by the people to the same degree that the people are controlled by the rich.

Donald Trump for instance, I'm not picking on you Donnie you're just a well known name. You think well he has all this money so he can do whatever he wants to do. His money is all tied up in the businesses he runs, it takes money to make money and if you're not making money you're losing money. So he has no choice, all he can do is pour his money into keeping his businesses afloat and in order to keep his businesses afloat he has to appease his customers. If you've ever been in customer service or something similar you've probably noticed that customers are every bit as demanding as CEOs. So you see not even Donald Trump can escape the system of control, he is controlled by his customers to the same degree that his customers are controlled by him.

Really it boils down to fear, the fear of death. As a species we seek survival like any other species with the exception of the odd Lemming that seems to enjoy suicide, but whatever. In order to survive you've got to have money, it is not President Obama or the Rothschilds that decide this, this decision was made long before they were born. The rich, they don't want to die so they do whatever they can to make as much money as possible in a bid to ensure their survival. The poor, they don't want to die so they do whatever they can to make as much money as possible in a bid to ensure their survival. Survival takes second key to nothing, if you've got the ability to cook the books to ensure your survival then you will. If you've got the ability to mug someone or conduct a home invasion in a bid to ensure your survival then you will. We've got rich "criminals" and poor "criminals." All about survival and much of it has to do with the fact that no one is willing to help you survive if you ain't got no money.

It is as a whole that we all agree with the monetary system, we all agree that those with no money must die and so we all agree that we must screw each other in order to survive. TPTB? Mirror, I say seek one out.

Edit: When I was a help-desk technician we had quotas, by and large "hold times" were of the greatest concern. Odd that problem resolution was never really an issue. Anyway it didn't matter how hard we worked to knock down hold times, whenever we met a hold time goal the goal was simply changed so we had to work even harder to meet it. I used to think that our bosses were just jerks and giving us impossible goals making us stress harder and harder every day. I realize now that although my bosses were jerks impossible and ever changing goals were actually the clients doing. They would always complain about hold times and our department would always try to appease them by making us meet their impossible demands. It didn't really matter how fast we answered the phone or how many problems we solved, the clients were never satisfied and they didn't care who had a heart attack trying to meet their impossible demands.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
PLEASE be aware to all those using facebook & twitter. Twitter acoounts were hacked into on 8-24-12. Amessage appears " OMG what are you doing in my movie" and then there is a link to FB in which the user has to log into FB and then log into Twitter. After you have log in, you are then prompted to watch video, but before you can you have to up load the lastest verion of Flash player. And here in doesn't matter if you have the lastest version for at this point the download infects ur computer. This virus then causes all of the Account user's followers on twitter to receive a message that in return cause more of this virus to go out to others. This is not a spam message but a message of important relay to others who might have the same issue. From what i've seen and heard from others on this issue is that all you have to do is change your password. However for me it was a great lession into not opening everything that i see come through. I hope this info has helped others to understand that from the begining, that Facebook has been planning these attacks all along. GET OFF FACE BOOK NOW!!! There is nothing good about it when the Goverment is Holding the website for use to pry into others lives.

Thanks again

Anon Leb OH

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonLebOh
PLEASE be aware to all those using facebook & twitter. Twitter acoounts were hacked into on 8-24-12. Amessage appears " OMG what are you doing in my movie" and then there is a link to FB in which the user has to log into FB and then log into Twitter. After you have log in, you are then prompted to watch video, but before you can you have to up load the lastest verion of Flash player. And here in doesn't matter if you have the lastest version for at this point the download infects ur computer. This virus then causes all of the Account user's followers on twitter to receive a message that in return cause more of this virus to go out to others. This is not a spam message but a message of important relay to others who might have the same issue. From what i've seen and heard from others on this issue is that all you have to do is change your password. However for me it was a great lession into not opening everything that i see come through. I hope this info has helped others to understand that from the begining, that Facebook has been planning these attacks all along. GET OFF FACE BOOK NOW!!! There is nothing good about it when the Goverment is Holding the website for use to pry into others lives.

Thanks again

Anon Leb OH

Guess I'm in luck, I didn't get any of that, maybe it's just in your imagination?
If the government or the illuminati want to see what I had for dinner or a photo of a cloud shaped like a dog, well good luck to them, I would have thought they had more important things to do, don't you?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Not having a Facebook account is no guarantee that you won't be included in the face recognition software.
You may have had a group picture taken at a birthday or wedding and if the picture is uploaded by onto Facebook by a member and you are tagged or named, then your face and name is "out there" without you even knowing it.

There should be a law that only other Facebook members can be named or tagged on Facebook, but as far as I'm aware, it's all legal and there is nothing that can be done about it if you want to keep your identity private.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I have a Facebook account and quite frankly I don't care for Facebook at all, I can't remember the last time I read something worth reading on my news feed. I'm not afraid of it and I agree that staying off of it will not keep you off of the radar.

I think it's complete crap that the government spies on their citizens and personally I think their shady tactics often drive people insane, that their tactics actually cause some of their targets to go crazy and start shooting people. Especially if you're already a bit paranoid or have a tendency to see through lies, you start seeing these people lying to you about who they are and it starts to drive you a little crazy, it makes you dislike the government even more. What are their tactics worth if they're causing the very crime they're supposedly trying to prevent?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
We can opt-out of Facebook, but there is no opting out of big brother.

I dislike the platform, I think it's trying to be big brother, but rather unsuccessfully.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I got news for you. There are cameras everywhere nowadays. From the moment you step outside your home, you're on some camera. There is no privacy anywhere. The government can listen in to your phone calls, hack into your E-mail and record everywhere you online surf. Facebook is the least of our problems.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Oops
edit on 29-8-2012 by Vaedur because: Double post oops

<< 11  12  13   >>

join