It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Get off Facebook right now!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Heaven forbid you actually use a telephone or socialize with close friends and loved ones only.

I don't use Facespaces or MyFaces or anything like that either. I think those who abstain from these things should be commended. They are essentially a making the users socially less evolved.

I find the whole thing silly. Why do I need a digital place which shows I have "friends"?
My actual friends are a phone call away or waiting for me. Facebook is for the emotionally challeneged who use it to comepensate or compete somehow.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 23rdChakra

I would recommend deleting it completely first. And your contacts to the point where you HAVE no friends, because they may connect the dots.

I have it deactivated, but I think I should get back on to delete it soon. I am guessing that it is still on the server, they are able to track your history like cookies in your browser. FB is a great tool for the CIA, less work for them.

Also, this goes for any online dating sites as well. I made a mistake for not deleting my info and pictures first before I permanently deleted my account.

I am going to create a FB account that is all about the TRUTH.
Lets see what happens.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So what?

It's just going to be used for advertising. you have nothing to fear until the government starts using the technology.....
and they already have your photo if you have a driver's license.....
and the technology....
Do you know how to do math?
Who gives a $%^& if facebook and walmart are using the technology?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So what?

It's just going to be used for advertising. you have nothing to fear until the government starts using the technology.....
and they already have your photo if you have a driver's license.....
and the technology....
Do you know how to do math?
Who gives a $%^& if facebook and walmart are using the technology?

You won the Internet Award for today, unfortunately there are no iPhones available

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
NSA Data Tech #1:
/chuckles

NSA Data Tech #2:

Looks over to NSA Data Tech #1 and says, "'Sup?" The monitor station glows blue in the dimly lit room revealing that in NSA Data Tech #2's face reveals little humor towards anything.

NSA Data Tech #1:

Pauses a minute. Looks over at NSA Data Tech #2 appraising his mood and grins wider. "You know those nuts at ats.com?, he says matter of factily and without waiting for an answer, continues. "They are at it again, complaining about Facebook and surveillance. If they only knew, right?"

NSA Data Tech #2:

Thinks for a second and then does just the slightest of affirmative nods and reaches to the keyboard to press a couple of buttons. The glow from the monitors gets slightly brighter as NSA Data Tech #2 makes sure capture routines are still go. A faint smile spreads across his lips.

"Yea... if they only knew..."
edit on 16-8-2012 by Terminal1 because: Clarity

edit on 16-8-2012 by Terminal1 because: Cause I'm not perfect

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

I got out of there about a month ago. I was hardly even using it, so I deactivated it altogether. Before I did, I tried to get a downloaded copy of everything I'd ever posted on Fb. Once it was finished downloading, Fb was supposed to email me my copy. Well they did, but the link didn't work!

I've never looked back.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Clearly you do not understand what Facebook is. is a place to SHARE your likes, places you've been, perhaps a new funny video you caught and post because you think your friends may like it, pictures of stuff you and friends have done, such as Birthdays, and such....I moved to LA from Chicago 5 years ago, and although I am bored with Facebook It still has been a great way for me to keep in touch with those friends that I grew up with ,and moved away and then with me moving away to LA its been a great source for me. Plus once I did move out here the new friends I met I could get to know quicker. I am not too worried about big brother as I post NOTHING I wouldn't care if the whole world knew. Frankly I think the whole big brother Facebook thing is MUCH less a threat than if you carry a smart phone. Hate to burst your bubble but I can control what I post on Facebook, but now smartphones know almost EVERYTHING you do, and on most smart phones it is impossible to turn it off unless you can hack it. If you do hack your smartphone your insurance wont cover it
edit on 16-8-2012 by kurthall because: forgot something

edit on 16-8-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the whole system is rotten and will fail
history is the best prove

+

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiderLL
reply to post by 23rdChakra

I would recommend deleting it completely first. And your contacts to the point where you HAVE no friends, because they may connect the dots.

I have it deactivated, but I think I should get back on to delete it soon. I am guessing that it is still on the server, they are able to track your history like cookies in your browser. FB is a great tool for the CIA, less work for them.

Also, this goes for any online dating sites as well. I made a mistake for not deleting my info and pictures first before I permanently deleted my account.

I am going to create a FB account that is all about the TRUTH.
Lets see what happens.

You cannot delete your FB account. You can MARK it deleted. Like come on guys. These people are not stupid. they are evil. They know who you are by association even if you never sign on. Once they have your face they have your biometric GUID.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
reply to post by spinalremain

Clearly you do not understand what Facebook is. is a place to SHARE your likes, places you've been, perhaps a new funny video you caught and post because you think your friends may like it, pictures of stuff you and friends have done, such as Birthdays, and such....I moved to LA from Chicago 5 years ago, and although I am bored with Facebook It still has been a great way for me to keep in touch with those friends that I grew up with ,and moved away and then with me moving away to LA its been a great source for me. Plus once I did move out here the new friends I met I could get to know quicker. I am not too worried about big brother as I post NOTHING I wouldn't care if the whole world knew. Frankly I think the whole big brother Facebook thing is MUCH less a threat than if you carry a smart phone. Hate to burst your bubble but I can control what I post on Facebook, but now smartphones know almost EVERYTHING you do, and on most smart phones it is impossible to turn it off unless you can hack it. If you do hack your smartphone your insurance wont cover it
edit on 16-8-2012 by kurthall because: forgot something

edit on 16-8-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

"i've got nothing to hide"

The last thing you will withhold on Facebook is your aversion to it's agenda. When you hit that point you know it's over.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There is no way in hell that the people who are addicted to Facebook will get off it. They live their lives and or other peoples lives on that site. They would rather die so they are the going to be the first ones who be on the new system when or if it will ever get to that point that videos will be all over the place.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The point is not that they are introducing something majorly invasive, its the fact that people are willingly going to go along with this. For an example of how they use "desensitization" to slowly lure people into tyrannical systems, look at the "Big Brother" t.v. show. It pits "attractive celebs" against each-other, in a building filled with cameras. Now people think its "cool", and "hip", to be watched every second of your life. Its like the boiling frog, if you slowly turn up the temperature, it wont know its being boiled until its to late.

They do this all the time, an especially good example is when things get "leaked", one could imagine that its often leaked on purpose, in order to "test the waters", and see how people react. Its also used as a "steam valve", just like the "Occupy" protests, it distracts people from the real issues, and gives them something to keep them temporarily happy. This introduction to Facebook is just "testing the waters", seeing how far people will allow them to invade our privacy, step, by, step. The whole "use it at your favorite stores", "get discounts", advertising gimmick, is exactly what they did with the RFID, slowly, but surely, introducing us to a world where human values are rooted in spying on each-other. Take a good read of Orwell's 1984, its literally the blueprint to what our world will soon become, and Facebook is beginning to introduce "teliscreens".

Here is a quote that gives one a perspective on just what this "testing the waters" phase is going to introduce.

It was terribly dangerous to let your thoughts wander when you were in any public place or within range of a telescreen. The smallest thing could give you away. A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself – anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face (to look incredulous when a victory was announced, for example) was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime, it was called. (1.5.65)

This is what we need to be worried about, not what they are introducing today, or even tomorrow, but what this slow process will lead to 10 years from now, or even 20. Our rights, freedoms, liberty's, have been slowly eroding away, as we sit complacent in our consumer cultures, of dreams, but no actions. The lower class has risen dramatically in number, and the wage gap has risen with it. Next thing we know we are going to have every inch of our lives watched, monitored, probed, and the scary part is that at this rate, we will be okay with it...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
glad i have never signed up

That immediately makes me very SUSPICIOUS

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Facebook Finally Deletes Your Photos

Just the photos though.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

If "big brother" wants to know my score on draw something or words with friends, by all means, have at it.

What exactly are you concerned about? Facial recognition? you do realize that technology sucks completely right? simply wearing glasses screws it up, smiling screws it up, bad angles screw it up. Without a biometric scan, it's really not that reliable.

I'd be more concerned with what the israeli company would do with it than facebook.

did tv tell you that?

they also pretend that police need some pretend number to trace a phone call

hint: they know where you are the instant you call in

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

True, and you can easily reactivate by just signing in again...and everything will still there...just as you left it. Creepy.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I really couldn't care less if I'm being "watched" or "recognized." Hell I think I've got some stuff worth saying from time to time so by all means pay attention to me, paid to or not.

Really when I see anti-social networking stuff posted on conspiracy forums I think, maybe someone doesn't want conspiracy theorists on social networking sites spreading their "crazy" notions. Maybe someone wants to stoke the flames of paranoia just to get anti-government and conspiracy related material out of the public eye which is often focused in places such as Facebook. This does not necessarily denote that the "government" is being evil if they are attempting to scare theorists off of social networking. Truly the government has a lot of secrets and secrets have a tendency to give rise to wild imaginations. Some of these imaginations come up with things that could cause a stir and even though there is a secret, the idea the wild imagination came up with is not what's actually being hidden.

Some conspiracy theorists, certainly not all of them, do go a little nuts, hell some even... Well I think we know what people are capable of. The thing is that really it is the secrets and the lies that are causing this. Causing people to go crazy. So the government ends up spending all this money trying to combat the crazy ideas invented by some conspiracy theorists when it was the lies that the government and other organizations spread that are causing this problem in the first place. They've entered into some type of feedback loop.

So yes the government is lying to you, quite often, but the "evil" thing is not necessarily what the lie is covering up, but the lie itself. The lie is causing people to go crazy and causing the government to spend god knows how much more trying to combat that which they created.

Edit: Sure the search for the truth drove me a little nutz at one point, but that's just what has to happen in order to actually find it. You've got to explore all options, some of them are a bit crazy. After enough time has passed you can narrow it down, reel it in and bam nailed it!
edit on 16-8-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This thread does NOT deserve to be on the front page...

some kid complaining is not gonna change the way a company makes money.

just a simple money maker,
Mike

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
Perhaps you people who are scared of Facebook and scared of big brother have got something to hide??

I for one am not afraid. Not of facebook. Not of my government. Not of the police.

Let them watch me, they'll find out that I like conspiracy and that I'm suspicious as hell. Well good!

Might give them something to think about, and if NWO ever arrives on my door step I'll be part of the resistance so they'll find out who we (the good people) are when they go all Nazi on our ass.

Woop de doop. Facebook is fine. Bring on the face recognized discounts.

I'm not afraid of my neighbors but I really don't want them watching me through my windows.
Then I would be afraid of them, and I surely don't want to know about everything about them.

I like privacy Its not a fear of facebook, government,or the police its a matter of principle for me.

edit on 16-8-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Oh, we got a shill in this thread.

Anyhow, sounds like there's a lot of argument on both sides. As simple as it is, if there are certain things you want to keep private, don't mention it. If there is potential risk of losing a job, hurting your relationship, etc then dont advertise it.

For those of you who don't have FB ... Good for you. The less accounts there is, the better. By the way, what is the purpose of e-mail and telephone these days, or a coffee date? Those days I miss...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join