It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I've been on the "world of conspiracy forums" for years. Actually, I've met this website more than 10 years ago (seems like yesterday). It was a quite different website by then.

Anyway, after running through dozen of forums as lurker and even as active poster on some (when they came to live) I've kind of gave up. The rudeness, the (sorry for using this way to express) stupidity, the immaturity... Well, you know what I'm talking about.
Beside the community problems of most, if not all the other forum, I also got sad, in lack of a better word, with the administration of such forums. The word Fascism comes to mind when thinking about it, with all the half-rules and hidden rules that are applyed without any given reason.

I've been lurking this forums for a while as you can imagine, and the reason I'm not active in here is probably due to pure lazyness, as it's not your typical forum, not as easy to navigate and search (well, not that hard, but as I said, lazyness can be king *shame*).
But one thing I'm sure of, is that around here respect seems to be a constant and for what I've seen, the administration/moderation seems to be quite correct, with explicit rules and warnings about those. For me, those reasons are at the moment, reason enough to make this my new home alternative forum.

I can add as extra personal information that I'm Portuguese, thus explaining some eventual weirdness on my written english (I really have to install the English Dictionary on my Firefox heheh). Other than that, I don't think anything is really important to say, since I'm no expert in anything. I do have a good information background on a lot of things (info research fanatic *grin*) and have some really deep foundations on some of my personal point of views (not restricted to change ofc. An open mind is needed for everything)

With this said, I'll jump back into my prefered topics and from now on, I'll type a few comments where I feel the urge to.

Farewell, and see you all in the forums.

edit on 15-8-2012 by PlanetaryStorm because: For some reason an "I'll probably" was inserted at the end of the post. Edited to take it out

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetaryStorm

Your english is fine my freind and welcome.As an add too i also lurk as sometimes if you do make a comment their is allways some 1 who will slate you.Enjoy!

edit on 23/8/2012 by Sauron because: unnecessary quote replaced with "Reply To tab"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Welcome to the zoo.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
We're Rigel4....................AHAAAA...

Resistance is futile
edit on 15-8-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family....I look forward to your contributions in the forums...

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

PlanetaryStorm, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thank you for the welcome!

Looking forward to interact a bit more with you guys.

I still need to study ATS work-flow a bit, as it seems I'm missing a few "basic" features

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

If you are in need of a first rate avatar...go to this thread to have all your avy dreams come true....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des, I'm sure it'll be useful.

I have a couple questions regarding image usage and such that I'd like to get answered so I don't step over any rule.
Is there a way (or someone specific) to ask those in private, or even a specific forum for that, so I won't "spam" any forum with it?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Welcome To The Show That Never Ends!!

Take a seat and enjoy the thrust and parry of some of the
weirdest folk I've ever known!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy being part of the family.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Hello and welcome, I am new to ATS as well, but not new to the subject(s), and because I am new I like to greet new folks... its just a thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetaryStorm
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des, I'm sure it'll be useful.

I have a couple questions regarding image usage and such that I'd like to get answered so I don't step over any rule.
Is there a way (or someone specific) to ask those in private, or even a specific forum for that, so I won't "spam" any forum with it?

A MOD will be along shortly to help you out. Until you have 20 posts under your belt, you can only U2U- instant mssg, a MOD/Staff. It won't be long, someone will be here to give you some guidance...

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I have a couple questions regarding image usage and such that I'd like to get answered so I don't step over any rule. Is there a way (or someone specific) to ask those in private, or even a specific forum for that, so I won't "spam" any forum with it?

Ask away over at this thread...
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Or send a PrivateMessage to any staff member.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, cues the music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome PlanetaryStorm

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you for all the links J.A.
I'll make sure to run through them. The first ones I already did.
Happy to be in ATS. Until now, I only have good things to tell about it

*cheers*

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hello
Welcome to the site, hope to see you around

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

You will see me in the forums about prophecy, paranormal, fragile earth etc. I believe there are things happening and I also believe in being a kindhearted person.

I am an avid practitioner of Falun Dafa Qi Gong which has helped me transform my life into something way better than before. I got health, wisdom and optimism from that. In addition it is free of charge and has no membership and can be downloaded for free on the Web - too good to be true, but it is really true!

Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Welcome to the forum...and I like the name!

top topics

join