Mississipp​i - The Birthplace Of American Music. Yes!

page: 2
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
LeAnn Rimes - Can't Fight the Moonlight [Live]




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


Born in central MS and lived there till I was 18. Now I'm in New Orleans which is very close but I don't make it over there very often.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


Born in central MS and lived there till I was 18. Now I'm in New Orleans which is very close but I don't make it over there very often.

Well, I live 75 miles strait up from Hattiesburg and the home of Southern University. The middle of the Southern part. I also don't go to New Orleans, live only 230 miles from it . But, you know how it is.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So you like the country music also? Some people say this singer from Meridian is the first country recording artist.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Cooters "Life Like" (from Oxford, MS north and our Law School is Ole Miss University)
KInda punk rock.




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


My parents are from Mize! Talk about country, It's very pretty there but I spend my time away from New Orleans hanging out in AZ and CO.

I have a tiny bit of property in AZ.
edit on 14-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-8-2012 by tanda7 because: spelling



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


My parents are from Mize! Talk about country, It's very pretty there but I spend my time away from New Orleans hanging out in AZ and CO.

I have a tiny bit pf property in AZ.
edit on 14-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)


Oh yeah, Mize is 25 miles south of me. We are literally from the same area.
Cool. Just past Magee. Go there all the time. But, you're lucky to be outta here AZ and CO are by far more, well more to do. You know what I mean here.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


Wow, never heard of these guys, I like it.
btw I saw BB King at the High-Hat club in Hattiespatch, which is where I grew up.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


One day I may retire to Co-Hay swamp. My family has land there that I will inherit.
Nice and quite. My great grandfather set up the Co-Hay logging camp there ovre a hundred years ago. And just to stay on topic I will add he had the only piano around for miles.
edit on 14-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
LUCIANO PAVAROTTI & LEONTYNE PRICE [Un ballo in máschera] (Laurel, MS North)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


One day I may retire to Co-Hay swamp. My family has land there that I will inherit.
Nice and quite. My great grandfather set up the Co-Hay logging camp there ovre a hundred years ago. And just to stay on topic I will add he had the only piano around for miles.
edit on 14-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

I've never heard of this place. I mostly move between Madison, MS and Magee, MS. Never heard of Co-Hay logging camp. It is quiet out here.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


Between Magee and Mize and Raleigh, The logging camp has been gone since my grand mother was 12. She was born at that camp and never lived anywhere else. She told me that every Saturday night, the workers all gathered at her house for a "sangin'" as she called it.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


Between Magee and Mize and Raleigh, The logging camp has been gone since my grand mother was 12. She was born at that camp and never lived anywhere else. She told me that every Saturday night, the workers all gathered at her house for a "sangin'" as she called it.


My Grandma used to call it Harmonizing . Here's what was done at my Grandmas' house most weekends when my uncle was there, he also played guitar with Elvis before Elvis was famous in Clarksdale, MS while Elvis was shopping demos to radio stations.

DROP DOWN MAMMA MISSISSIPPI G. Love (Waveland, MS on the Gulf Coast pretty here I've been many times)


edit on 15-8-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I really hate to do this but, I'm sure you know this girl is from McComb,



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7
 


Yes, I was about to post Britany Spears eventually.

Glad you posted it.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


Excellent, Now I'm really ashamed of my last post. I can't believe I've never heard of him.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here's a buddy of mine from Hattiesburg

This is not the best sound quality but he gets it done. I went to high school with a lot of these guys in the video.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
Here's a buddy of mine from Hattiesburg

This is not the best sound quality but he gets it done. I went to high school with a lot of these guys in the video.

I've never heard of this person before, he's great.

I've really gotta get out more.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hattiesburg has a surprisingly current music scene. Here is my buddy Kevin playing guitar with his surf punk band. They are from New Orleans but they play Hattiesburg often. I think surf punk is my flavor of the month right now.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7
 


Never heard of them or Surf Punk music.

Thanks for the introduction. Cool. I like learning about new music.





top topics
 
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join