It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

occupy food for the people.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
the best forms of protest are productive for society

the idea is that to produce food some basic things are needed,
land, (indoor preferred) find abandoned factories and petition local government for rights to use for food production
seeds (non GMO) crops that are able to be grown hydroponically, or in soil pots.
water (well or bore preferred) tested for mineral and or contamination
labour (all people involved share the food) occupy organised labour

if a company can make bread and pay executives millions then a co-op can make bread and make it with better ingredients, and give each worker bread to eat and still turn a profit. better bread = more sales.

anyone not working can join the effort, and share in the rewards.

occupy should set up a task force and council to investigate incentives and help co-ordinate a cohesive structure.

anyone not working who feels they can help can join the structure.

a percentage of the overall profit go directly to the start up of other co-operatives,
a percentage of the food goes to those in the greatest need (for free)

truth is people working for their own future work harder, and without large executive salaries as an over head,
we could compete in many areas.

sponcer community gardens with a small percentage of the profits.

capitalism can work in a co-op, because profit is not the only motive to do something.

if we give people the ability to feed themselves, they will design products and innovate.

if we give them hope they will dream again.

america is a society more important than mere profits,

it is the people

xploder
edit on 14-8-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think this sounds more like a co op then an occupy thing to me

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I reckon America should take a leaf out the Commie book a sec..

Join together as communities, and stockpile!

They'd be closed down in month knowing your government though

edit on 14-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I think this sounds more like a co op then an occupy thing to me

when you have all the ingredients needed to feed the hungry,
and there are hungry people,
profit is seconary

people are primary,
xp

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

So instead of protest focus on actions we can take. I would love for this to work. Wouldnt be long till someone on the inside sold out to someone on the outside
edit on 14-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Good idea but they get raided constantly. Lucky if they don't call you a domestic terrorist and kill you.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

You hit the nail on the head Sinny!

Why else would our government allow a company called Monsanto to create seeds with a terminator gene in them, so that you have to purchase new seeds every planting season?

Doesn't that alone point people in the direction that our government doesn't want us to be able to support ourselves and our families? Nope! They want us sucking off the teet of big governent an global corporations! That way they will have more subserviant and docile slaves.........

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by XPLodER

So instead of protest focus on actions we can take.

yes but by including local governments,
and getting the required permissions our protest is the production of food for the hungry.

protest in this manner is productive for society as a whole,
food,
jobs,
taxes

and some forms of protest are protected by LAW

xploder
edit on 14-8-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

You have an awesome idea, unfortunately our government has squashed it already by signing on to Agenda 21!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Well, look at what happened at WACO...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I agree with you, this is a great idea, but the US gov't has already made this illegal. Hoarding food is illegal, growing food and letting some go to seed for next year - illegal. Farmers can't do this with their corn.

This should be just as important a topic in the presidential elections as Obamacare.

Do some reading on Agenda 21 - there are some threads on it on ATS.

Meanwhile, I've got my own little garden, like so many other people, until someone from the gov't shuts me down...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by XPLodER

You have an awesome idea, unfortunately our government has squashed it already by signing on to Agenda 21!

the people who think that agenda 21 can stop a legal business are incorrect,
there are still protections for a properly set up co-operative busines.

remember this is a form of protest,
it could help highlight why agenda 21 is bad for comunities.

xploder

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by XPLodER

I agree with you, this is a great idea, but the US gov't has already made this illegal. Hoarding food is illegal, growing food and letting some go to seed for next year - illegal. Farmers can't do this with their corn.

This should be just as important a topic in the presidential elections as Obamacare.

Do some reading on Agenda 21 - there are some threads on it on ATS.

Meanwhile, I've got my own little garden, like so many other people, until someone from the gov't shuts me down...

as individuals they can close down your food production,
as a group they would have a much larger group to pool resources and fight in court.
if we band together and fight in court we can get a clear ruling that the right to food is protected by the constitution.

as individuals we are easy to push around,
as a group of co-ops,
a legal attack on one is a legal attack on all.

we WANT them to act illegally and force the issue into the main stream.

protest is about re securing rights we already have from an out of control regulatory framework.

xploder

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Great Post xploder and You are absolutely on the right track.
We can feed everyone in this country by joining together and working towards a common goal.
Forget the naysayers as this IS working in many communities.

I was in Seattle recently and this is exactly what they are doing there. www.seattle.gov...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

the people who think that agenda 21 can stop a legal business are incorrect,
there are still protections for a properly set up co-operative busines.

remember this is a form of protest,
it could help highlight why agenda 21 is bad for comunities.

xploder

You are spot on !!! I am whole heartedly with you but a lot of communties have already signed onto to Agenda 21 by joining:

ICLE

Go on there and just look up the cities that have signed onto this garbage already!

Now check this out!

21 signs Agenda 21 is in your community!

Collectively, we need to get these organizations the hell out of our local and state governments!

ANY time you see your local government using the word "sustainable" RUN!
edit on 14-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: add

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

You are spot on !!! I am whole heartedly with you but a lot of communties have already signed onto to Agenda 21 by joining:

ICLE

Go on there and just look up the cities that have signed onto this garbage already!

Now check this out!

21 signs Agenda 21 is in your community!

Collectively, we need to get these organizations the hell out of our local and state governments!

ANY time you see your local government using the word "sustainable" RUN!

they did this with little or no public consultation,
most dont know about agenda 21,

this would shine a spot light on the problem WHILE feeding the needy and providing food and jobs and taxes.

if occupy decided that this form of protest was just,
and the agenda 21 types tryed to close them down
ALL people would recognise agenda 21 AS THE PROBLEM FOR HIGH FOOD PRICES.

the other point is that the tea party could not be against this protest as we would pay tax and employ people.

it takes a lot of effort to set up but once running,
normal people would protest the closures and draw attention to agenda 21 as ANTI AMERICA
as anti people,
as anti freedom

we use capitalism as the protest.

xploder

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If I might offer my opinion. I believe this is a decent idea for Occupy to perhaps have on their websites and such but all this cross effort to do a little of everything that feels good just dilutes the effort to accomplish anything at all.

Occupy started and really shone best as a non-violent protest group willing to push to the limit. That was back before things got totally out of hand going into the Winter.

Staying that way, in my opinion would be the best way to get anything changed. Rather than set up some commune like garden plot as they apparently did by 'Occupying' farmland out at Berkeley, couldn't Occupy do SO MUCH MORE by supporting people like the lady we just saw here with the $5,000 bill for Birthday party and forbidden to sell her produce at roadside without 10 forms of permission.

Something like Occupying to end the idiotic laws which are strangling the people who DO want to grow food and give or sell to the local community seems doable, given the people involved. (Imagines most of who I knew in Occupy trying to garden.... Hmm... Um.. Well, not the food and helpful garden anyway. lol)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

we start in the communities where agenda 21 is not yet in force,
we prove it is the right of all to produce food, and that it can be a model to help all involved.
that it can,
pay taxes to state
employ locals and promote jobs
lower the number of people on benefits,
lower crime by giving food to the needy

GIVE HOPE TO COMUNITIES

when the agenda 21 crowd sees it working in another state they cant continue to say
ITS FOR YOUR BENIFIT

xploder

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If I might offer my opinion. I believe this is a decent idea for Occupy to perhaps have on their websites and such but all this cross effort to do a little of everything that feels good just dilutes the effort to accomplish anything at all.

Occupy started and really shone best as a non-violent protest group willing to push to the limit. That was back before things got totally out of hand going into the Winter.

Staying that way, in my opinion would be the best way to get anything changed. Rather than set up some commune like garden plot as they apparently did by 'Occupying' farmland out at Berkeley, couldn't Occupy do SO MUCH MORE by supporting people like the lady we just saw here with the $5,000 bill for Birthday party and forbidden to sell her produce at roadside without 10 forms of permission.

Something like Occupying to end the idiotic laws which are strangling the people who DO want to grow food and give or sell to the local community seems doable, given the people involved. (Imagines most of who I knew in Occupy trying to garden.... Hmm... Um.. Well, not the food and helpful garden anyway. lol)

to secure in a court of law the rights we already have against tyranny over food,

we cant be individuals, each with limited resources, going to court.

this is inefficient and non productive.

by banding together we can pool resources and bring more effective injunctions and publicise the problems facing each of the small individuals.

as a collective we are strong,
as individuals we can be litigated into bankruptcy.

this is a form of protest, where the outcome in court effects individuals rights to produce food.

we together are strong and individually are susceptible.

this idea addresses that problem

xploder

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Well that's just it and I don't mean going to court as Occupy. Occupy is an action protest group...and some people already growing gardens and trying to do what you're talking about are being hounded out by the Government we're all pissed with...

So what I meant was, why not have Occupy spend a few days with some of these people being harassed and help them sell their stuff to the community who wants it? That'll bring national attention to the problem.....and then larger activist money can find it's way to what you're trying to do. Just a thought...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join