It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Women and the Princess syndrome

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
The sheep will be sheep and eat whatever the spoon feeds them, nothin we can do about it except ignore them and move on I guess.

Man , I hate being sheep.

But it is hard to lose it ,too.

edit on 15-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by mideast because: the sentence was not accurate.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

The sheep will be sheep and eat whatever the spoon feeds them, nothin we can do about it except ignore them and move on I guess.

Or... you know.... we could.... uhm.... er.... uhhhhhhhhh......

Educate them?

link   
Anyone who thinks this is only an "American women" problem hasn't traveled much.

It's gone totally global. Even those "quaint and exotic traditional cultures." Don't be naive.

They sell Jersey Shore DVDs in Lhasa too, you know.

link   
(Double post)
edit on 8/15/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Is there inherent hostility between males and females?

Because our need for one another threatens our independence?

And hostility is amplified by social stereotypes?

Any link between mass media, stereotypes, and divorce rates?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Lannister

The alpha/beta arguement exists everywhere else in nature so I do think it holds water...

And how many other places in nature where this is true, are their globe spanning technological civilizations that require on a daily basis the expertise of mechanics, engineers, computer technicians, logistics coordinators, oil rig workers, flight directors, farmers, fishermen, steel workers, welders, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....

The Tribal leader mentality is not useful in a civilization of Billions.

That Alpha/Beta argument was an observation of Monkeys.... Are we more than Monkeys?

Simple answer? Yes and no. I think there is a danger in detaching ourselves from the rest of the animal kingdom simply because we learned how to use a computer and build roads. The tribal leader mentality can be seen in almost every aspect of human society. But it also must be mentioned that we are (for the most part) above the primitive behavior that can be seen between 2 alpha lions for example. I honestly believe that a species cannot be measured by it's technology because if that were so dolphins would be considered as dumb as a common fish.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Educate them?

I started from myself.

I stopped being selfish. Other people are learning it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Educate them?

I started from myself.

Be the change you want to see in the world?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MassOccurs

Society is the reasoned advance of man's behaviour to better his condition through a plan or a course of action that will cause the desired end to result.

There is no Instinct to Plant Seeds in a Field, nurture them.... and then harvest them.

Which are actions that keep this civilization extant.

But Advertising, and Propaganda do not work well through reason.

As they generally wouldn't be expected to... who would ever agree to being a debt slave for the wealth of someone else?

Advertising, and by extension, Propaganda, use your Emotions, which are based off of your Instincts, to direct your behaviour.

But if you never teach them reason.... then maybe they won't even know what "Slave" means.

The plan is to keep us all ignorant of basic logic, or any CARE for something outside of our own immediate pleasures that we will be helpless to stop the encroachment of our own slavery.

Helpless to even recognize the danger before it is too late.

This is why we are all sent to "School".. not to be "Educated"... but to be indoctrinated by the memetic advance of behavioural conditioning, ringing through the echo chamber of the social interactions of children at school.
edit on 15-8-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister

Originally posted by mideast

Educate them?

I started from myself.

Be the change you want to see in the world?

I respect myself and other people. I protect my honor , but being selfish will always bring more problems.

great sentence.

Once I looked at my , but I couldn't find the self. I am trying to pack all the stuff and travel.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Strong stuff....

Any thoughts on overcoming the program?

I agree with a lot of that, but I like to think no individual potential is really lost...

The likelihood of realizing that potential is just severely decreased.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

More sexism on ATS, what is new. And people actually star the poster who thinks that bringing in a starving slave from another country because he doesn't like women having their own mind, is quite disturbing.

Are you going to put locks on the fridge and all the cabinets so you can count her calories while you are at it?
edit on 15-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This makes me think of the other syndrome......Princess Charming.
This happens when a man feels that their current admirer should pay for everything and take care of them. These guys are usually good looking and charming, (which is why they think they can get away with it), and they typically prey on individuals who are insecure because those ladies make the perfect Princess Charming. So maybe these new princess attitudes comes from a long line of being victim to the Princess Charming Syndrome. I have seen what it does, and it is no fairytale!!!!

PLPL

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

It is a new spin on trying to say that he wants the bitch to wait on him. So he can only justify his attitude by claiming something is wrong with women.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MassOccurs

Strong stuff....

Thank you.

Any thoughts on overcoming the program?

Well, home-schooling would seem to be appropriate at this stage...

I mean... parents taking responsibility for what their children know, believe, and learn and how they are raised.... is probably a good idea anyway......

Other than that... Educating the people who were duped by the system, to the point where they can actually SEE the alteration of the perception of reality by the power structure that currently commands the vast potential of the Global Mainstream Media Establishment Industries....... would not go amiss.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

I've actually considered a mail order bride from a country where they come from nothing, which means there is still a possibility they may appreciate what they have here and stay humble. Even that though, can end up with the girl becoming completely polluted by our Princess culture.

Interesting. Mail order brides are not stupid women. They want a man with MONEY. That is what they are looking for. They don't care what you look like, as long as you have money, a nice house to put them up in, a good job, a newer car, etc. So, basically you'll be getting exactly what you would like to avoid. I have also seen documentaries on mail order brides from other countries, and the majority of these women are looking specifically for money. One story in particular featured a man who went to get a bride from Russia. He had everything she was looking for. She married him, and after a year, she split, taking half of everything. Some of these women are smart, and are looking for ways to get their foot into the country, and sometimes that means marrying a man who will do just that, then divorcing him as soon as possible.

The "princess syndrome" which you speak of, doesn't just exist in American women. I have seen a lot of different nationalities who take that attitude and live it.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

A woman having her own mind is good. I was brought up to honor women because they were in charge of the home and the children. When the women started wanting things and decided to work a job the job they had became unfilled and the kids were spoiled instead of being brought up right. I have great respect for the homemaker of a family who tries to prepare their kids for life. Most kids in the last generation became too dependent on society and cannot live is a SHTF situation. I bug my daughter to teach her kids to cook things from scratch but it doesn't always work. She has become too reliant on society and I have failed as a parent in this department. I am glad to see she is finally taking up gardening food instead of flowers. I hope I can still teach her some of what I know before I leave this world.

Yes, society is creating women that are too dependent on it. I can't say that woman are worse than men though, everyone is getting spoiled. Woman once had the job of being sensible and making sure that information necessary for survival of their young was passed on and that has changed. Now they are teaching their young to be dependent on society to take care of them. Now women are afraid to challenge their spouses overspending because they are guilty of it also and everything is spiraling down and the money is going to the big businesses and personal family debt is increasing. Women, take back your job of controling your husband. Husbands start listening to your wives. Both of you quit overspending and forgive each other for the past. Forgive but don't forget.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

I hope to god someone has brought to the attention of the OP that it's not just women. There is a huge amount of tools out there!

It has everything to do w/ we are the people and what is being fed to our kids and us on a daily where tv, movies,web,advertising, is.

People want want want on every every level. Whether its success or material things or attention. We've become a bully"ing, greedy, shallow, self-serving race !!!!!

Churchill:

The demise of the American people will be.........drumroll......

Herself!!!!!!!!!

edit on 14-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: Sp chk corr

Yeah let's start with the "man cave". A room in the house where the man has sectioned off for himself so that he can fill it up with big screen tv, stereo system, expensive furniture, satellite tv including MLB or NFL, and everything else that is not really necessary in life. Eventually he goes into a midlife crisis and ditches his family for television, a hot new car, and a younger woman.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

More sexism on ATS, what is new. And people actually star the poster who thinks that bringing in a starving slave from another country because he doesn't like women having their own mind, is quite disturbing.

Are you going to put locks on the fridge and all the cabinets so you can count her calories while you are at it?
edit on 15-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

Sounds to me like the OP wants a yes woman, who does nothing but live quietly and meekly, and does everything he wants her to do. Get his hot meals on the table on time every day, do his laundry, and bow down to him because he saved her from poverty.
She'll be sweet and kind, because every day of her life, she'll be reminded by the fact that he rescued her from her horrible life, and she won't ask for much in return, because he is giving her a better life. ::pukes::

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I see a lot of people who spend most of their time at work so that they can turn family members into princesses, princes or other types of overindulgent brats. When they themselves also fit into this category, they often work two full time jobs and never really see their families. I think that society is programmed into this type of over-consumption.

The MSM often makes things appear much more prevalent than in fact they are to alter perceptions of reality. One example that comes to mind is a story I heard Eustace Mullins tell once about a large parade in the early 1900s where a fairly large number of female models were hired to smoke in public. People went away from the event with the impression that women smoking in public was much more prevalent than was true. Of course it was easier to accept and follow the trend from that time forward. Everybody's doing it.

Conformity equates to happiness and acceptance, while nonconformity equates to ostracization. But we all know that spending money we don't have to impress people we don't know and probably wouldn't like if we did is a road to serfdom.

"Between tickets, attire, shoes, accessories, flowers, limousines, photographers and after-parties, the average family with a high school student attending the prom spent a whopping $807 this year, according to a recent survey by Visa." money.cnn.com...

Next the young prince/princess gets the first credit cards which allows instant wealth and popularity, while clinching down the slave status of the breadwinner.

Best advice is to avoid being sucked into the illusion, teach and show your families that money never buys love or happiness, and let your life be a living example of those realities. Families that don't fall for fairy tales, but which instead expose and prove the fallacies of such, spawn few princes and princesses.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join