It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Women and the Princess syndrome

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Or buy a Ferrari. That seems to work too. That can bridge the gap between you being a 7 or less and she being a 10. Just don't expect long term happiness.

Except anyone can do what i suggested, not everyone can afford a Ferrari.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

I didn't see the part where he said every single woman is like that?

I agree with the OP. I see what he is seeing. Especially around where I live. I think it's a combination of the entitlement that the first poster mention and also has something to do with the media.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by nightbringr

You complain women only want "steroid, Jersey Shore boys", but they dont.

Then you really have to ask yourself why it is still on the air, don't you?

Because MTV's programming is garbage.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

So men have no bearing on the raising of children. You dare put the failure of raising children all on the woman and the male isn't held accountable whatsoever?

The obvious problem is men who think like you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Snobbery is alive and well in the USA! I believe this is just a symptom of a much more prevalent condition found in many Americans today! We need to humble ourselves but instead we put the rich, famous and popular up on a pedestal emulating their snobby ideology! IMHO materialism, a detachment from reality and a lack of ethics all contribute to these kinds of problems! We need to live to serve each other, not to be served by them! This give and take between people has helped us to survive and to make it through some very rough times in history! Today everyone wants something for nothing and instead of working hard to gain respect we do so by associating with those that are already popular instead of with those that we connect with or enjoy being around!
We cast out those who don't conform to the popular notions of fame entering into an ever vicious circle of abuse & degradation to those that are different in the eyes of the pius popular people! I believe their own insecurities cause these persons to single out the non PC individuals bringing the focus on these as to hide their own short comings! These insecurities lead to much hurt and pain in society but we can't end this kind of thinking without first realizing this truth!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
reply to post by gallopinghordes

I agree with the OP. I see what he is seeing. Especially around where I live. I think it's a combination of the entitlement that the first poster mention and also has something to do with the media.

And i bet if you were to ask the women "around where you live" what they think about the men they would have something quite different to say.

Probably think you are lazy, underachieving and self-rightous, yet somehow still think they are entitled to a beautiful women who makes twice what they do and actually have a future.
edit on 15-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hey its me, the Op, author of this post.

I've found quite a few ATS'ers reply with something to the extent of, "what kind of life are you living? or if your just sitting there, beating your meat, go get a life!!! or who are you hanging around with?

I've posted this somewhere around page 3-4, that I have a large circle of friends across various interests and age brackets and go out about 2-3 times a week. I have plenty of opportunities for 1 nighters and for dating, but I've been there and done that.

I also came close to marriage once, lived with the girl for 4 years, and know about meeting someone half way and that women are wired differently. I also go to the gym, am fit, have a decent amount of $ in the bank, my very own apt, and so on.... and yet still I find the princess syndrome just about everywhere I go.

My own nature is very zen Chill, like a chameleon be able to adapt to any situation or environment. I've given up on a certain look and standards because I have been with women who look wise werent the best, but were brilliant in other areas, so I'm open to what Life shows.

So those replies about, "get a life" and "who are you hanging around with" ......I have a life and have a vast circle of friends, cousins (w lots friends), and different interest groups.

The one area I think I need to explore is hippie chicks. I thank that would be awesome. Off to a phish concert and a yoga class afterwards

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
hey its me, the Op, author of this post.
The one area I think I need to explore is hippie chicks. I thank that would be awesome. Off to a phish concert and a yoga class afterwards

Maybe your trying too hard to find a certain "type".

I know you said your very "chill", but maybe you simply need to loosen up, stop thinking about all the details and find someone who makes you happy. I myself am very happily married now, but back in the dating days, i must say i ran into "princess" types, but also so many others as well. I simply find it hard based on my experience to understand why your running into so many "princesses". Yes, they are out there, but so are good, honest, down to earth women.

Good luck on your search!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

And then I would tell them to ask my wife.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Maybe your trying too hard to find a certain "type". I know you said your very "chill", but maybe you simply need to loosen up, stop thinking about all the details and find someone who makes you happy. I myself am very happily married now, but back in the dating days, i must say i ran into "princess" types, but also so many others as well. I simply find it hard based on my experience to understand why your running into so many "princesses". Yes, they are out there, but so are good, honest, down to earth women. Good luck on your search!

thats the thing. I dont put the vibe out there that I want a princess type. I just roll with the punches and see what the night brings. Try and pass judgement and just have a good time and unfortunately I find this syndrome in droves across different interest groups. If I do find a girl who's cool, many of her friends are of the princess syndrome type and find the cool girl eventually falls prey to the brainwashing.

I never said they are all like that and I eventually find a cool girl to date for a while and see if it goes somewhere. I dont have any problems in the dating dept .....but the ego/princess syndrome is just sickening when you see it and is an instant gag factor. and is the whole purpose of this post ...that I am finding this syndrome on the increase compared to say 5 and even 10 years ago when I was on the dating scene and just observing the world in general ...actually being out there ...not just TV

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
We are princesses because you guys can't help what you are and we know it. I mean, wars have been started over a woman. There are whole cultures who cover their women so no one else can have them or see them. We are beginning to realize our power and I understand you might be threatened by that.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I never said they are all like that and I eventually find a cool girl to date for a while and see if it goes somewhere. I dont have any problems in the dating dept .....but the ego/princess syndrome is just sickening when you see it and is an instant gag factor. and is the whole purpose of this post ...that I am finding this syndrome on the increase compared to say 5 and even 10 years ago when I was on the dating scene and just observing the world in general ...actually being out there ...not just TV

All fair.

I still think this goes both ways. While men will complain about how women are all princesses, the women will complain guys are superficial and only wanting one thing out of them. From my experience growing up, with the guys i used to hang out with and go to the bar with, they are not all wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOMof3
We are princesses because you guys can't help what you are and we know it. I mean, wars have been started over a woman. There are whole cultures who cover their women so no one else can have them or see them. We are beginning to realize our power and I understand you might be threatened by that.

Touche!

Great point im sure many here havent thought of.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Maybe we are just intimidated by the sight of a woman with as much body hair as we have.
edit on 15-8-2012 by jeantherapy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOMof3

I really don't think men are threatened by Women. It kinda like, we let them have fun, and they take it to far.

Women are realizing to their power because Men have let them and now men are looked down upon, and laws aren't backing men either.
edit on 8/15/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Princesses tend to die out at about age 25, then they grow up. I suggest ignoring anyone under 25 (there are exceptions) overall..let them make younger men miserable, then you get the more adult minded women.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Princesses tend to die out at about age 25, then they grow up. I suggest ignoring anyone under 25 (there are exceptions) overall..let them make younger men miserable, then you get the more adult minded women.

You are quite right.... Its starts around age 16-25, when they have the advantage of attraction. It slowly dies down and they learn their lessons and live normally.

Older the women the more they need to try hard, like how men do their entire life.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You're forgetting that older women grew up in a different era, too. In the future all girls will have been raised with Twitter and the Kardashians. (or whatever group of airheads that will replace them)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

OP, this sounds like a personal self-esteem issue. Please remember that half of the population is not like those few examples you have in your mind, or the characters you see on television.

sorry but it aint a self esteem issue. its an observation. I found "myself" years ago and have been comfortable and very zen about being in my skin. Very easy to spark up convo's with whoever whenever. If it was "that" I would have put it out there. I also mentor young men in junior/high school about self esteem and positivity in thier lives ....I wouldnt be doing that if I had self esteem issues, as it would make me a hypocrite

reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Sounds to me like the OP wants a yes woman, who does nothing but live quietly and meekly, and does everything he wants her to do.

Sounds like this princess syndrome post ruffled your feathers. Perhaps you suffer from it or else you would not be on the attack!!

I don't want a Yes woman. For your information I have been on my death bed before from a serious health condition and still to this day have a serious case of "any day can be my last." That really puts life in perspective and strips you of alot of character flaws and brainwashed programming.

My dream girl is humble, a deep thinker, a chess player, a lover of life, appreciative of all things, does not watch tv, reads books, and is someone about whom I can ay I have met my ultimate match!!!!

Get his hot meals on the table on time every day, do his laundry, and bow down to him because he saved her from poverty.

actually I come from poverty, so I value and appreciate every dollar and am quite frugal because I know homelessness. Also I have made past gf's breakfast in bed, have done the laundry, etc etc. Seems assumption has made an arse out of you.

She'll be sweet and kind, because every day of her life, she'll be reminded by the fact that he rescued her from her horrible life, and she won't ask for much in return, because he is giving her a better life. ::pukes::

I come from nothing, living/breathing poverty/crime/jail/nothingness ....it molded me. Because of it, I seek humbleness and appreciate every breath. It was an idea I put out that perhaps if I found a woman who came from similar origins, she too would appreciate life and not be taken by egotistical entitlement. I said that because I came from that.

By the way, I have friends who have married mail order brides and are super happy, some already 10 years in. The ones I know came from nothing and wanted to start a family with better odds of avoiding poverty.

:pukes from the way assumptions get one in trouble:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Eh... I'd avoid a Phish show if you can. Go to a music festival like All Good. Besides being a weekend of good music, you'd meet many people who aren't princesses/princes.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join