It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Savings Are Found From Welfare Drug Tests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The people I know who get violated, get violated for nothing but stupidity. If you want to fail, you'll fail. You either quit OR figure out the things needed to do in order to pass it. Loads of people get found with drugs on them too. There are numerous other reasons people get violated according to their stupidity based on what they get caught doing and, if they got violated because of the test only than that.. is their fault. Maybe they need to quit doing drugs so they can actually think about other things that are more important than needing to pass a drug test to maintain freedom anyway. Done.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

We couldn't post proof anyway, it is against the rules and I'm not trying to get banned.

hmmm.. acourding to your thread only 2 percent fail, when did the laws of math turn 2 percent into a hundred percent?

I'm talking about probation violations. If it is so easy to pass why are all these people failing, resulting in prison time.

It’s true. 90 percent of all violations are based on something so simple--a positive drug test. It’s also true that ‘dirty urine’ may lead to a violation warrant, but a conviction is much tougher, assuming you're ready to fight.

www.jgcrimlaw.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This thread got so de-railed lol

I quit, back to welfare drug testing discussion
edit on 14-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
random test are never fun, let them start doing house calls.
at my job your # comes up & if you have a problem you can go to rehab to keep your job, or you know get on welfare & sell your link card for drugs,lol
Florida gives the homeless free cell phones, anybody can be homeless.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The problem I see is really quite simple.
Firstly, Docholidaze must smoke way too much because the Doc can't spell.
I enjoy reading your posts Doc, and even I misspell words.
But still...proof is spelled "PROOF". Not prof or proff or even prffo. Rebuttal!
It was good for a laugh anyways...

I digress.

Secondly, Realspoke...
How and where do we think that the government will actually fix something?
They created the mess by giving out money in the first place.
There's no true type of screening process to determine who qualifies for the "aid".
Besides an application which basically only validates an address, there's none.
So why would we think that "drug tests" would solve any problems?
The government can't fix anything, let alone their own hand outs.

I honestly believe that any type of welfare should only be given for work.
Cleaning up parks, or watching neighborhood children, anything just to make a difference.
It doesn't have to be skilled labor, but it should be beneficial to the community.
I can't stand people sitting around collecting a check for absolutely nothing in return.
In my eyes, you must give something back to the community if you want money from it.
But, no.
That's just entirely too simple of a solution.
And the drug test manufacturers wouldn't get a kick-back.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Was it about saving money or just punishing the poor. I didn't see a big call for the testing of those who took billions in corporate welfare. Bankers are well known for working hard and playing harder. Maybe some of those guys tests may have proved something. But we will never know.

After reading the posts here, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a call for random drug testing, just to make sure.

edit on 14-8-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I read a few months back they are starting this carry on in the u.k. too to get jobseekers allowance.the laugh is they have been throwing people off of employment support allowance who were on it for drink or drugs for years,they no longer qualify as its self inflicted.what do they expect them to do if they then fail a drugs test on jobseekers?crime will go through the roof.it seems it's ok so long as the government's buddies in the medical industry make more money.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

its sad you cant admit when your wrong, but in stead try and side step the issue, the test didnt work because people are smarter than is given credit. not because 98 percent of welfare reciepents are drug free.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Another thing I was thinking, why don't they drug test people in State government? People in Congress? The Senate? White house staffers? Why not? These people are running the country, If the government says people shouldn't be on drugs, then the people in charge of the country REALLY shouldn't be on drugs.

Just more Hypocrisy. Drug test the downtrodden welfare people, but let the evil leaders of this nation shovel whatever drugs they want into their body by the truckload.

What a disgusting state of affairs we have reached.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Talk about derailing a thread.

Its funny how all those who scream about how welfare recipients are just a bunch of drug users and mandatory drug testing will reduce the welfare bill are surprisingly absent from this thread
or perhaps its not so surprising

These tests were never about cutting the welfare bill, they were about a politician screwing the system to make his wife's medical company richer, and by extension himself richer.

people need to realise that the masses claiming welfare is not about entitlement, it is about a lack of jobs, lack of opportunity, something which also increases the amount of drug use within a community, go figure.

This problem will go on and on and on and on, until people finally start to realise the only way to end it is to deal with the root cause, corporate greed that cuts and cuts wages and when it can finally cut them no more, they just out source the jobs to a country that is cheaper

If jobs paid a wage that people could live on, pay for their home, for food, for their kids collage education and healthcare, maybe a few luxuries once in a while and maybe even the occasional vacation then we wouldn't have the same welfare burden we have now. Now this may seem like some sort of Utopian dream, but you know what, America had that, right up until the 80's and Regan, that wonderful and revered president decided it was in the nations best interest to deregulate the banks and industry.... Because it would create economics growth, yeah right

Until people can get their heads round the fact that the rich do not create jobs, that people who screw others will not become philanthropic if they have more, they just become even more greedy. They just take the money and run.

The country is run by greedy and corrupt men and women who are bought and paid for by corporations, the governments whether local or national have only one point in their focus and that is commerce. Making more money from less effort and at others expense.

Drug tests wont solve anything, however jobs will
edit on 14-8-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

its sad you cant admit when your wrong, but in stead try and side step the issue, the test didnt work because people are smarter than is given credit. not because 98 percent of welfare reciepents are drug free.

Since you've been harping about proof over and over in this thread, do you have proof that ANY of the 98% of welfare people WERE on drugs? No? Then why do you keep going on as if you know that they were? For all you know (and all you can prove) only the 2% that failed were on any drugs. Right?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

It'll never happen. For the life of me I don't understand why more people don't understand the reason our country is going down the pipe is because of corporate greed. They are literally sucking this country dry of wealth.

The really sick this is that the people who defend these scumbags are the VERY people who are being attacked! Talk about Stockholm Syndrome (well, kinda)

The wealth inequity of this country has been rising for decades. And everyone blames the poor people! It's ridiculous, and I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. When the upper management folks at a corporation make thousands of times more than their average worker something is seriously wrong. It's just pure greed.

There was a time in this country where there were still PLENTY of rich people, but there were ALSO tons of middle class people, who could very easily find a job that could support them, their spouse, two children, two cars, all on one income. Mothers could take care of the children, making sure the next generation was well adjusted. The father didn't have to kill himself just trying to scrape by.

The super rich and corporations paid WAY more taxes than the did now, and there was STILL plenty of jobs. All of these conservatives are a bunch of liars and thieves. The past proves that things CAN work out for most people. But not when the top few people are just flat out stealing all of the wealth in this country. Give it a few more decades and 90% of the people in the US work work 80hr weeks, and still not be able to afford to live. We are slowly turning into a third world country and going back to feudalism, and all these dummies are DEFENDING that descent into madness.

Unbelievable.... sorry I got a little off topic and ranted a bit, but I just get so angry sometimes heh

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

again im being asked for proof in response to me asking for proof.. is this what ats is now? grow up guys, i know more than 2 percent of people on welfare do drugs, because ,more than 2 percent of the population do drugs. If you cant see this this your living in a dream world. Also being involved in community feeding programs i see a lot of the people i serve who are on welfare are also on drugs and its obvious to me. Maybe you guys don't have the ability to take in the real world around you or you live in a fairy tale were everybody only has a glass a wine on special occasions, but Ive been out there, and people get high, and it is a serious problem, cause there are those out there that let the act of being high destroy them(just as there are those that draw the line between self-destruction\enjoying the fruits of nature).

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I know what your saying, I just don't see the point in arguing about it. I know that drug test can be easily passed even if you're dirty. At least non-monitored UAs.

I'm just saying if you're going to demand proof from him, then you should provide proof that those 98% that passed have some dirt folks among them. Even though I'm sure they probably do.

Like I said, I just don't see the use in arguing about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Actually, it sounds like another excuse to justify this invasion of government into the lives of individuals.

Whatever happened to people keeping things to themselves?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

whats the point of any discussion we have on line, whats the point of discussion in general. if someone walks away from this thread knowing the truth, than it is a good thread.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The topic of this thread was that the mandatory drugs tests did not reduce the welfare bill, and. was demonstrated to actually cost the tax payer more money.

All you keep on harping on about is that the other 98% just cheated their way past the drug test. your arguments are erroneous, while there may well be some who were able to bypass the test it does not effect the outcome of the research, that is that this policy cost the tax payer more money than it saved, and was therefore a waste of time.

I personally wish you would address the issue and stop trying to drag the topic in a different direction, I don't care if yo have beaten a drugs test or not, or if you feed the whole population of of a city and claim they are all on drugs, it is in fact a fallacy to say so, yes some welfare precipitants will use drugs, just as some employed people use drugs, but not all.

To me this topic should remain of the fact that politicians use the system to profit themselves, by forcing welfare precipitants to undergo a drugs test, to prove they are worthy of having something to eat is ridiculous, first of all there is a presumption of guilt rather than a presumption of innocence. And secondly the only people that profit are the drug testing companies, it serves no purpose for the tax payer.

Stop trying to derail the thread with your own personal agenda, you made your point, no one cares

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

whats the point of any discussion we have on line, whats the point of discussion in general. if someone walks away from this thread knowing the truth, than it is a good thread.

Because the OP started a thread about drug testing not saving any money. He didn't start a thread about if you can beat drug tests or not. That's just not the point of the thread at all. I stated earlier I know for a fact it's easy to pass the test, so did you, he disagreed. We all spoke our piece so there's no point in arguing further. Let's just get this thread back on topic. I'm just as guilty in derailing this thread and don't want to do so anymore.
edit on 14-8-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join