It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO & Shapeshifters in a 17th Century Painting by David Ryckaert III? La Ronde Des Farfadets (The D

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
First allow me to say that I am not making any claims, in fact, I am posting this here to see what some of the great researchers on ATS can come up with.

I was just browsing around at some artwork involving elves and I came across the painting La Ronde Des Farfadets (The Dance of the Elves) by the seventeenth century painter David Ryckaert III. Naturally I found the painting very interesting and at first I completely overlooked the strange bowl-shaped object in the center/top, figuring it was some image caught by the glare of the camera which took this image, but as I looked at it, it looked like it is part of the painting, to me. Here is the painting:

Anyone capable of confirming whether or not this object is in the painting? What do you think it looks like?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Since it is in all instances on a quick google image search, I'd say yes.

People are really struggling these days.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

It looks to me like a bowl that's been flung into the air ... don't know what else to say really

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I embedded the painting for you.
2nd.
edit on 14-8-2012 by georgiaboy because: resize

edit on 14-8-2012 by georgiaboy because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2012 by georgiaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Bloody nora, thats a bit disturbing! aha.

Thing above looks like a clay bowl/pot hanging from the tree

Odd.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

Embed a wee bit bigger?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Interesting picture.

S&F.

In the past the alien presence was confused with demons, devils, elves, angels and other strange biblical creatures.

Religion make big mistake.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
interesting how one like a dog face, and the other a bird, reminds me of the Egyptians...

I never have asked before..Why did the Egyptians sue animal faces?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

It looks to me like a bowl that's been flung into the air ... don't know what else to say really

If you look closely Gortex, you will see that the bowl is hanging from a string attached to the tree limb above it.

OP: The painting is creepy, but I haven't seen any shape-shifting occur yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Lol. Hold on! You thought that bowl-like thing, hanging from a branch "was some image caught by the glare of the camera"??That's pretty funny.

I think people who wish to show evidence of UFOs, should not use paintings in the past as some type of journalistic report of the phenomenon. Just my opinion

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I have tried to edit and resize the image two times, and haven't been able to make it larger. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, please, do tell.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Well, its a picture, so it aint gonna move! lol

The picture represents the people shape shifting..

Still very strange, I cant find any reference, description, blurb on the pick by any independent art guys.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

The picture represents the people shape shifting..

That is a reach IMO.

The artist might have named the painting 'Dance of the Shape Shifters'. With the name that he did give it, I tend to think that he was representing his take on 'elves'.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The bowl is clearly supposed to be hanging from a branch, you can see the attached black string (and the branch). Its not a UFO. The "shapeshifters" arent even shapeshifters, they are just different looking "elves" as per the painting title.

So really, its just a painting. They painted some seriously weird # in the past with religious overtones, demons, dieties, devils, whatever. This is their version of fantasy compared to our "clean" modern fantasy of pretty elves with long ears.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
So this is the one depicting ancestors of Scrooge McDuck and the Beagle Boys when they invented the original version of bowling, where a bowl tossed skyward was supposed to disburse all the sticks in a pile with it landed on them?

Certainly nothing to do with UFOs or aliens.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

In the past the alien presence was confused with demons, devils, elves, angels and other strange biblical creatures.

Source please.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

What is the difference? Elves ARE shapeshifters as per the testimony of the historical literature, and the painter is obviously trying to show the entities as changing form from human-like to these other grotesque figures.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyHippie1

What is the difference? Elves ARE shapeshifters as per the testimony of the historical literature, and the painter is obviously trying to show the entities as changing form from human-like to these other grotesque figures.

I don't know if I trust your notion of what is obvious, HillbillyHippie. lol

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Yeah, that is pretty funny. Silly me. A bowl hanging upside down from a tree makes so much more sense in context with the painting. What was I thinking? Everybody knows whenever you see an elf-like creature there's sure to be an upsidedown bowl hanging from a tree branch somewhere nearby!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Originally posted by Arken

Source please.

Do you know a book called Bible or Tohra?

An interesting lecture. Enjoy!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join