It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO & Shapeshifters in a 17th Century Painting by David Ryckaert III? La Ronde Des Farfadets (The D

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
I looked at some of his other paintings and several of them show cups, bowls, and other receptacles hanging from sticks or poles. Probably a handy way to store your stuff at the time. Here are some examples:

Example 1
Example 2
...and here's a funny painting where he has somebody beating the "elves" off with, what, a sword or something, I guess. (No bowl in that one, just thought it was funny.)

Here's a thought - maybe he included the bowl hanging above in the OP painting for perspective on the size of the "elves"?

or how about a reeeeeeeeeeeally boring explanation that [again] has absolutely nothing to do with Aliens & UFOs....the bowl contained something they were drinking out of it....obviously the creatures are having a celebration ...
edit on August 14th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's art. It could mean everything or could be just an image that the artist saw in a dream. Unfortunately unless we hear the artists inspiration we'll likely never know what the intention was behind this painting....could be anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
it's a bowl. the weird animal things are his interpretation of elves. google the artist and you will find a few other paintings with odd creatures. he also had an odd sense of humor.

no aliens. no UFO.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Bloody Hell! It's a DEVO Energy Dome hanging from a tree! Cool!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I do not suspect shaft shifters in the painting. I do agree the "UFO" looks like a clay bowl.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
I looked at some of his other paintings and several of them show cups, bowls, and other receptacles hanging from sticks or poles. Probably a handy way to store your stuff at the time. Here are some examples:

Example 1
Example 2
...and here's a funny painting where he has somebody beating the "elves" off with, what, a sword or something, I guess. (No bowl in that one, just thought it was funny.)

Here's a thought - maybe he included the bowl hanging above in the OP painting for perspective on the size of the "elves"?

or how about a reeeeeeeeeeeally boring explanation that [again] has absolutely nothing to do with Aliens & UFOs....the bowl contained something they were drinking out of it....obviously the creatures are having a celebration ...
edit on August 14th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Did I say Aliens and UFOs? Nope, I said "cups, bowls, and other receptacles" and then included examples of other paintings by the same artist that portray hanging bowls and cups. No Aliens or UFOs from me...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Here is the painting:

Anyone capable of confirming whether or not this object is in the painting? What do you think it looks like?

The creature in the painting to the right looks like the Montauk monster.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

That's no UFO, that's a bowl, but I can see where you're coming from. We have the UFO and the shape shifting reptilians/goat things.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
To the top left theres a "God" like figure the other faint figure further down on the right perhaps looks neanderthal and there is a serpant like figure at the bottom left, all of it could mean something but i doubt it very much, i think it`s just a drawing from an artists imagination, sometimes people forget that artists just like to let their imagination go wild, no conspiracy, no hidden meaning just pure imagination put onto canvass!!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
and the clay pot above the elves is obviously hanging by string on a branch.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

They look like the Montauk monsters!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
At first glance, I thought it was a bell. Now, after reading the thread, I am giving up hope of ever figuring it out.

The man in the bottom left has a bird head. (like a hawk)

The man in the bottom right looks like he is coming from Hell.

The "elves" look like they are celebrating something.

Just my two pennies in the bank.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
That painting reminds me of this from Labyrinth

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyHippie1
First allow me to say that I am not making any claims, in fact, I am posting this here to see what some of the great researchers on ATS can come up with.

I was just browsing around at some artwork involving elves and I came across the painting La Ronde Des Farfadets (The Dance of the Elves) by the seventeenth century painter David Ryckaert III. Naturally I found the painting very interesting and at first I completely overlooked the strange bowl-shaped object in the center/top, figuring it was some image caught by the glare of the camera which took this image, but as I looked at it, it looked like it is part of the painting, to me. Here is the painting:

Anyone capable of confirming whether or not this object is in the painting? What do you think it looks like?

Did anyone happend to mention Photography Cameras had not been invented until the early 1800's?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Meh. Just a bowl

Look up 'The Madonna with Saint Giovannino'. Youll get a better response

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It is a pot hanging from a tree branch. Wait, no, its NIBIRU and its coming towards us and the Illuminati below it are giggling and dancing because the end of the world is near and they have an underground condo complex! Wait! The one in the middle looks like a Rockefeller and the MOTHERSHIP is hovering above and will take him to safety.............You get my point.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The chicken thing in the front looks like it's shooting fire out of it's butt!
Perhaps they just had some really good green chili or something?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am surprised nobody has mentioned anything about the light source. That is what caught my eye right off the bat. It's obviously not a candle or an open fire.

Plus the dude that is looking at the whole thing on the right of the painting. He sure looks kinda bored like he has seen this act before.

Who knows...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Naturally I found the painting very interesting and at first I completely overlooked the strange bowl-shaped object in the center/top

The bowl is there for a reason. If you look the clay bowl/pot is hanging directly above the man in the picture. Man of clay? I think that is why the bowl is there; to show the relationship to these others within the circle but also how man differs.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The answer to the bowl can be found in the French Wiki page for Farfadet.

fr.wikipedia.org...

Using Google Translate one can understand that the Farfadet, the French folklore creature, an analog of the Leprechaun, can help with the house chores and the farm work. For all these services, the Farfadet requires only insignificant salary: "In exchange for his [work], the Farfadet wants nothing more than a bowl of cream or good milk with honey cake." The cake is not in the painting because obviously they just ate it: ) Otherwise it could make a good mothership UFO

But be careful with the Farfadets. They "will not accept new clothes to replace the rags he wears." So, do not give them new clothes of aliens because this can anger them and get you in trouble

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join