It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to NASA: I want to know about Martians right away

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

In a phone call with the team that brought Curiosity to a successful landing on Mars, President Obama is very clear that Martians, should they exist, would be a top priority.

news.cnet.com...

Wouldn't we all. At this time, all we've happen to find was frozen water on Mars and some on Europa.
No life forms, no cell formation and hell... With all of our HD cameras in our phones, not even a clear UFO picture.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

That's so he can say.....

Sorry....couldn't stop myself....

Des

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that. Here is what Pres. Obama said...

"If, in fact, you do make contact with Martians, please let me know right away. I've got a lot of other things on my plate, but I suspect that that would go to the top of the list, even if they're just microbes," he said.

Note that he didn't say, "If you find any demons, be sure to let me know right away. As President of the United States, I have a priest on standby to do exorcisms on an as need, emergency basis".

EDIT: I wonder if this is the first time that NASA has received a direct order from the POTUS to inform him if ET life is discovered? Maybe the scientists are nervous because they have already discovered ET life, and they were told by someone else to keep it secret?
(just speculation - I have no way of knowing that)
edit on 13-8-2012 by bluestreak53 because: Added comment

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
hahahaha that Obama pic is classic

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

In a phone call with the team that brought Curiosity to a successful landing on Mars, President Obama is very clear that Martians, should they exist, would be a top priority.

news.cnet.com...

Wouldn't we all. At this time, all we've happen to find was frozen water on Mars and some on Europa.
No life forms, no cell formation and hell... With all of our HD cameras in our phones, not even a clear UFO picture.

I shudder to think about the consequences of Obama being what an alien experiences first of our civilization. If they think that he is representative of the entire human race...

Immediate war is my guess.

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That's what all the supposed FEMA camps are for...District 9 in real life....

Des

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Meanwhile on Mars....

The Martian president has demanded to see everything the M.I.A. ( Martian Intelligence Agency) has on whether or not Obama was born in Hawaii.

link   
Here is a picture from the new set:

www.nasa.gov...

Look at the blueberry life forms.

link   
Wait.
Wasn't Obama supposed to have already gone to Mars through some jump gate technology when he was younger but under a different name? Barry?

Project Pegasus and Obama/Barry on Mars

edit on 13-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

all we've happen to find was frozen water on Mars

Maybe not , here's an image that is believed to show that liquid water does appear on the surface of Mars at certain time of the year ,

Plus there may be liquid water under ground in cave systems similar to Earth , we can but guess at what might be down there .

edit on 13-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Wait.
Wasn't Obama supposed to have already gone to Mars through some jump gate technology when he was younger but under a different name?

Yup when he was a teen working for the CIA. He was a time jumping Mars Trooper....

And...it must be true. I read about here on ATS.

Des

edit on 13-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Meanwhile on Mars....

The Martian president has demanded to see everything the M.I.A. ( Martian Intelligence Agency) has on whether or not Obama was born in Hawaii.

I think I see a perfect opportunity for a new "birther" movement. Paul Ryan could demand that President Obama prove that he is in fact, a human being and not an "illegal alien".

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

"If, in fact, you do make contact with Martians, please let me know right away. I've got a lot of other things on my plate, but I suspect that that would go to the top of the list, even if they're just microbes," he said.

He most likely just wants to cater to them and try and add them to his voter base.......

Or tax them.......

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Wasn't Obama supposed to have already gone to Mars through some jump gate technology when he was younger but under a different name? Barry?

Well yeah, but Curiosity landed in a different location, and on the other side of the planet.
(it's a big place ya know)

Barry just isn't sure whether or not there is a different Martian Race, around the area where Curiosity landed.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Brilliant.......I remember seeing that!!

It's true, he really did........Honest!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Why should Obama suddenly review his priorities; deprecating key concerns such as fixing the economy and disarming Iran, just because we found some Martian microbes

Sounds to me like he is being disingenuous, or maybe he just likes messing with people

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantumfluctuation
Sounds to me like he is being disingenuous, or maybe he just likes messing with people

More likely, he is just using humor to underscore the point that finding life elsewhere -- even if it is just microbes -- would be one of the biggest discoveries ever.

If it is ever found that life formed independently in two different places in the same solar system, that could show us that life could be ubiquitous in the universe (considering that it happened twice in the same solar system).

One caveat of this is that it may be hard to prove that potential life on found mars and life on Earth DID IN FACT form independent of each other. It could be that one planet seeded the other with life, or both planets were seeded by some other common "parent".

edit on 8/13/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Imagine some little creature, jumping up on this thing, out of camera view and making a nest on it. Then it spends a few years riding around on it, hatching baby creatures which occasionally drop off, as this machine searches the planet for life. How ironic that would be!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
He should have a word with Carter..he actually reported seeing them.

As did Washington...he thought they were a tribe of unknown Native Americans...with green skin..and who..erm...lived in a 'glowing globe' in the woods...that moved around a lot.

Yeah, i know...your typical green skinned, very fast travelling, glowing globe living Native Americans we all know about.

'Even if it's just microbes' indeed.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Note that he didn't say, "If you find any demons, be sure to let me know right away. As President of the United States, I have a priest on standby to do exorcisms on an as need, emergency basis".

EDIT: I wonder if this is the first time that NASA has received a direct order from the POTUS to inform him if ET life is discovered? Maybe the scientists are nervous because they have already discovered ET life, and they were told by someone else to keep it secret?
(just speculation - I have no way of knowing that)
edit on 13-8-2012 by bluestreak53 because: Added comment

That would be great and now they are forced to tell him about it cause he asked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join