It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteriously Disappearing and/or Appearing Food and Other Objects...anyone else experiencing these

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hi all,
First time poster, long time reader, I think i'm supposed to do an introduction or something like that first, but this topic really excites me as I've had many strage experiences myself (will do intro thread later)

funnily enough over the years I have had many things disapear and (sometimes) re-appear. I have also had a few instances of objects appearing out of no where with no explanation

First thing I recall was i was about 10 and after my father had just moved us from a house (which I am CERTAIN was haunted or had some form of spiritual activity going on) to the house 2 doors down. We had been there for about a month when He had just cleaned the whole house, I arived home and all the remote controls were lined up neatly on the coffee table (T.V, Austar, CD Player, and Air Con) he then proceded to sit down with a beer and turn on the telly, 5 minutes later he had lost the remote for the T.V. First (and only real place to check) The couches, nothing. we looked for a week untill he gave up and purchased another, we lived in that house for another 3 years, it was never seen again

Secondly when I was 17 and just moved out of home for the first time living in a unit with my best friend. At the time I didn't have my drivers licence and he drove me everywhere. One day we cleaned out his car (a spottless clean, vacumed the carpets under the seats and even armour-alled the dash) after this he went out for an hour or so, he returned home as usual, and neither of us went to the car for the rest of the day. when we awoke the next day, we went to jump in the car (NOTE: we had to UNLOCK the doors before we could get in) I only had 5 dollars in coins which i really needed and stupidly dropped on the floor. Not being able to find the other 2 dollar coin i got out of the car and proceded to look under the seat, I found the two dollars (not the problem) But underneath my chair I also found a 12 Inch hunting knife which was VERY SHARP! I know it wasn't mine or my best friends, and i asked him if anyone else got in the car when he went out the day before, and to this day he still swears black and blue that he was the only one. we never did find out where it came from.... 8 years later and still no clue

they are the two big ones that stick out in my mind, however I notice all the time with items I'm handling very regularly that they go missing only to re-appear. T.V remotes, Car Keys, mobile phones and worse yet my wallet. however I susspect that with Items you handle all the time that their is almost some perhiperal scan done by the brain, where the item can litterally be right in front of your eyes and you will not see it almost as if for that split second it's not there (not sure what this phenomenon is called)

Have also had Interesting experiences with entities of a paranormal nature, but I think they would be best discussed in other threads.

Light and Love and all that crap.....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
we would then get party

Not sure why, but this made me laugh lol.

"Hey guys, I got a few bottles of Jim Beam. Lets get party!"

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I had something similar happen to me. When I was in college I lived alone in a one bedroom apartment. I was kinda poor and didn't have much money for food or other goods. So I always tried to make things last. Well anyway I had a chip clip I would always use for my bag of chips. I was OCD when it came to making sure my chip clip was on the bag of chips to make sure they stay fresh. Well one day I went to my bag of chips to find my chip clip was missing. I looked EVERYWHERE for it, even places you would never think it could be (like behind the toliet). Well months go by and I never found that chip clip until one evening about 2 a.m. I am sound asleep in my bed when I hear a huge bang noise, it sounded like something fell from a high place and landed in the kitchen sink. I'm scared in thinking someone broke into my apartment. I go to the kitchen and look around turn on all the lights and then I look in the kitchen sink and there it was out of nowhere my chip clip as if it fell from the sky. I have nothing over my kitchen sink so it couldn't have fell from anywhere. To this day thinking about just gives me goose bumps. How in the world did it just fall into the kitchen sink? And where could it have been all those months when I looked everywhere. And it wasn't stuck on the ceiling because my apartment is small and I would of noticed a bright red chip clip hanging a foot over my head. Its a mystery I will never be able to figure out, but its weird how things happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaladinRoden
I had something similar happen to me. When I was in college I lived alone in a one bedroom apartment. I was kinda poor and didn't have much money for food or other goods. So I always tried to make things last. Well anyway I had a chip clip I would always use for my bag of chips. I was OCD when it came to making sure my chip clip was on the bag of chips to make sure they stay fresh.

Well one day I went to my bag of chips to find my chip clip was missing. I looked EVERYWHERE for it, even places you would never think it could be (like behind the toliet). Well months go by and I never found that chip clip until one evening about 2 a.m. I am sound asleep in my bed when I hear a huge bang noise, it sounded like something fell from a high place and landed in the kitchen sink. I'm scared in thinking someone broke into my apartment. I go to the kitchen and look around turn on all the lights and then I look in the kitchen sink and there it was out of nowhere my chip clip as if it fell from the sky. I have nothing over my kitchen sink so it couldn't have fell from anywhere.

To this day thinking about just gives me goose bumps. How in the world did it just fall into the kitchen sink? And where could it have been all those months when I looked everywhere. And it wasn't stuck on the ceiling because my apartment is small and I would of noticed a bright red chip clip hanging a foot over my head. Its a mystery I will never be able to figure out, but its weird how things happen.

had something similar happen actually ..

but, the only difference was I was awake and it sounded as if a gun was drop in my bathroom sink and so loud I thought it cracked the sink.. went to go look and nothing was there.. the cat was on the end of the bed and when it happened she keep staring at the bathroom ....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The yellow pages have listings to get help. Seriously, just say no, put down the pipe and seek help.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idahomie
The yellow pages have listings to get help. Seriously, just say no, put down the pipe and seek help.

Whom, may I ask, were you addressing. Was it all of us, who've been posting our interesting experiences here in this thread. Are you implying we are all mentally insane, or strung out.

You have much to learn...Grasshopper....

Des

edit on 14-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I was thinking.. and in an alternate reality the op is perplexed by all the food that keeps popping up for no reason obviously thinking her husband or someone is leaving food lying around and just denying it all the time.

This afternoon I was finishing up a cup of ice water with just a few tiny ice cubes at the bottom of the cup. As I went to set my cup down on the table suddenly it seemed like all the ice had jumped out of the cup onto the table. I have no idea how that happened. It was like something suddenly changed and the sudden shift in reality caused my cup to not be in the exact position it used to be and the ice just dropped as if the cup didn't exist for a fraction of a second. I was moving very slowly and my hand didn't hit anything so this was strange.

What is even stranger is that I had a thought pop into my head, what if I'm really unconscious and this entire reality is some kind of artificial reality my mind created. It doesn't help when I think about things and then those things start to happen. Of course having a cold front sweep into the US by this coming weekend to cool off the area a bit was something I was hoping for. Other strange coincidences make me go hmmm as if the reality is trying to give me clues. For instance I was watching the stock market or SP500 index back in 2008 and the lowest intraday low made up the numbers of my birthday if you subtract the first number 666.79

I was thinking these kind of weird things can make you wonder if this reality is really the true reality or if we're all in some kind of realistic virtual world. Maybe Jesus really understood this reality and that is why he could walk on water and do other amazing feats. We could all be living in a computer simulation, extremely advanced and realistic though.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

yeah somtimes my words dont flow accordinly to what im trying to say, im ment to say we got drunk
edit on 14-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I would say you have a brownie and he or she is both taking your food and bringing you food - it is how they do things. If this is the case, you would be well advised to be careful how you express your feelings on the brownie "moving in" as you may upset it, and I know from experience you do not want that! My car still keeps having problems (make that, 3 cars since I lived here), and now I have a memorial stone for my deceased pet which keeps moving on its own (I live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors or people nearby so that rolls out people moving the stone).

I truly believe these entities are real (call them what you want: poltergeists, brownies, jinn, ghosts, whatever), and so did large masses of people for millenia. They believed in them so powerfully they even used to add the titles to these entities (alfs for example) to their names to indicate their family's importance. You might want to consider the possibility.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Ok this is bizarre. About 6 weeks ago, I had a camping lantern and the fuel can that goes with it, disappear from my garage. I thought it was strange because I live in a town like Mayberry, AND nothing else was missing even though there are more valuable and easy to lift items that were left untouched. Also, around the same time, I noticed that my supply of butter knives were way short. Now it is one thing to have something missing from the garage but, my butter knives? No sign of a break in... nothing else appears to be missing. I have to s & f you just because this missing items are still a mystery here and well this is pretty weird.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazingdefiance

"they are the two big ones that stick out in my mind, however I notice all the time with items I'm handling very regularly that they go missing only to re-appear. T.V remotes, Car Keys, mobile phones and worse yet my wallet. however I susspect that with Items you handle all the time that their is almost some perhiperal scan done by the brain, where the item can litterally be right in front of your eyes and you will not see it almost as if for that split second it's not there (not sure what this phenomenon is called)"

I do believe there is a name for that phenomenon you have mentioned above, the 'LWBE' phenomenon, Looking With Boy's Eyes!!

where a member of the male sex looks at something right in front of his eyes, ie, food in pantry, big plastic container on kitchen table etc, and then yells out that he can't find that particular thing. The female then comes into the same room as the male and spots the said thing within 2feet of the male's vision!! and the male then acts all surprised that he didn't see the said object!!

Not making light of this thread though, obviously there is some phenomena that hasn't been 'studied and approved' for public knowledge by the scientific community yet. Whether it be poltergeists, time-slips, or object teleportation - I have no idea. Excellent thread though!!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of Grimoirium Verum? I've read one a while ago, some of the demons that were mentioned were not what you may think a demon is. They're not all bad so to speak according to the texts, but some demons have likeable roles. One of which I'm mentioning due to food, one of the demons will bring you food. I assume that if it can bring food it can also take it. I wouldn't exactly take the book as righteous, nor shall I disrespect it - just throwing the idea in there.

Come to experiences of myself and people I know, which are quite similar to what you have had.

Will summarise firstly experiences of my friends.

She has a Russian porcelain doll which was given to her as a gift by her grandmother many years ago; this doll has a bat, like an actual flying bat creature (for some reason). The doll, as creepishly real it is, appears to move around by itself when people are out of the room. One minute it's on the bed, next it's looking out the window. That plainly scares the s it out of me. The doll has also been found under the bed, near the doorways and has misplaced her little bat many times.

Concerning that same friend, when she moved house recently (taking her doll along with her), her new room had a strange feeling upon it. Her and her boyfriend had been watching tv and went back to her room to find the doll on the ground and pillows rearranged in a strange manner, many times over the following days. Her boyfriend, whom is my bestfriend had previously sworn against any existence of anything paranormal. That changed his views.

Probably should cut this a bit shorter, I'll get to my experiences.

I've had food move about a bit over a short time, like biscuits that could not had fallen - fell. My partner has seen some strange stuff, in which I believe her due to me being present lol. I've had strange items like product codes (activating various software, computer technician) that were 5 minutes earlier, sitting on a chair - vanish for me to find it 2 meters away tucked under a sofa cushion. Spirits having a bit of troll fun I guess

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Ive never had something go away and not be able to explain it.

Most of the time Im just so busy I forget where I laid my keys or phone.... Actually this happens a lot when ya get older. :-)

No one steals my food... Objects are still in their right place....

Im moving along. :-)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Yes, I have had the disappearing food thing happen, and a few others who have posted on my thread have too.

Funny, your's took the cheese, too. Mine took the the cheese I had in a shaker container, like you sprinkle over spaghetti. I searched for it for a long time in the fridge. Moved things to see if it was hidden behind something... not there! I asked everyone in the house if they had used it... no one had. I finished cooking supper, and we had spaghetti without the cheese. A couple of hours later I see the cheese sitting on top of the stove with the salt and pepper. If it had been there I would have seen it because I used the salt and pepper while cooking. No one in the house had used it. Freaky! At least it returned it.

Another member posting on my thread said something tried to eat a piece of chocolate cake they left out to eat the next day. When they got up the next morning they found it smeared all over the kitchen, even all over the wall behind the microwave.

My cousin had food taken from her freezer when she returned home one day from taking her kid to school. She swears it was there the night before. No signs of anyone breaking in her house, and no one else had a key. If it was a burglar, wouldn't they have taken some valuables? I would think so. Nothing else was missing.

I was asking members on my thread if they had any experiences of food being taken by ghosts, and was surprised to get responses that they have.

Another person said their ghost likes to drink water from the cup they had just filled up. By the time they got sat down, it was half empty.

I think these spirits don't realize they are dead, and still have the craving for certain foods. They try to eat and drink ours. Sounds like some have learned how to do this, while others make a mess.

Weird!

Ghosts don't eat or drink. "Hungry ghosts" might have the craving for it but can't actually ingest anything. I'm amazed that you guys haven't been looking into faeries. You can find them in many houses and gardens, and they love shiny objects of all sorts. I'm sure if you get some esp. mischievous ones, it wouldn't be beyond them to meddle with food either.

I used to have things mysteriously misplaced too... in those cases, I'd say out loud something like, "Dear faeries, I know you like this [name of object], but I like it too and I really need it. Please give it back ASAP." Works most of the time. Just don't get mad at them; yelling doesn't make them happy, and things could get worse. OP, I'd try to leave designated food out for them so they won't take yours. A couple cookies or fresh bread and a small glass of milk should do. Really.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Sounds like a mischievous spirit has locked on to you. My advise is to ignore it as much as you can, or, loudly ask it to stop! (Say please...)
I experienced this in an old hotel one night (1920's). Could not find my keys ANYWHERE!. Looked through all my luggage, under the beds, drawers, etc. Figured I lost them. Went to sleep. During the night, I heard some bumping around in the room (I was sleeping with ear plugs so I didn't investigate, just rolled over and went back to sleep). The next morning the keys were laying right on top of my briefcase! I said out loud "Thank you"! and checked out...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by sled735
Yes, I have had the disappearing food thing happen, and a few others who have posted on my thread have too.

Funny, your's took the cheese, too. Mine took the the cheese I had in a shaker container, like you sprinkle over spaghetti. I searched for it for a long time in the fridge. Moved things to see if it was hidden behind something... not there! I asked everyone in the house if they had used it... no one had. I finished cooking supper, and we had spaghetti without the cheese. A couple of hours later I see the cheese sitting on top of the stove with the salt and pepper. If it had been there I would have seen it because I used the salt and pepper while cooking. No one in the house had used it. Freaky! At least it returned it.

Another member posting on my thread said something tried to eat a piece of chocolate cake they left out to eat the next day. When they got up the next morning they found it smeared all over the kitchen, even all over the wall behind the microwave.

My cousin had food taken from her freezer when she returned home one day from taking her kid to school. She swears it was there the night before. No signs of anyone breaking in her house, and no one else had a key. If it was a burglar, wouldn't they have taken some valuables? I would think so. Nothing else was missing.

I was asking members on my thread if they had any experiences of food being taken by ghosts, and was surprised to get responses that they have.

Another person said their ghost likes to drink water from the cup they had just filled up. By the time they got sat down, it was half empty.

I think these spirits don't realize they are dead, and still have the craving for certain foods. They try to eat and drink ours. Sounds like some have learned how to do this, while others make a mess.

Weird!

Ghosts don't eat or drink. "Hungry ghosts" might have the craving for it but can't actually ingest anything.

Well, yeah, I know ghosts can't physically eat or drink food, but they, or whatever it is, has learned how to make it disappear, while others seem to have a hard time getting a hold of it. They make a big mess. Sorry, I didn't word that correctly in my post.

edit on 8/14/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about, I have been studying this kind of stuff for a while. I tend to think we are blinded by our subconscious so we cannot see things that we shouldn't be eating at the time. We tend to notice things we crave and other things become invisible. This is to protect us from eating things which can have a toxic effect if over-consumption without the necessary companion food that neutralizes the toxicity is not present. Our Subconscious works with our junk DNA and our immune system to help us survive. Sounds like you are over eating certain classes of foods. There is a real lot to this, with a lot of variables that apply, so it is not easy to tell you what class you are overeating or what corrective measures are needed.

As an example you mention M&Ms. Chocolate can make your body not turn short term memories into long term memories when you go to sleep. This can help you forget what isn't necessary or it can make it so you cannot learn new things. Chocolate also has sedative properties and lowers blood pressure a little and reduces and regulates heart rate. Too much chocolate at night can cause your heart rate to lower too and can cause problems. It can also relax a person and make you sleep better because of it's lowering the heart rate. There is good and bad in everything. All food has medicinal qualities.

The blinding by the keys is different. I think there are guardian angels or something watching over us. Whatever it is it causes things to happen to somehow steer us out of harms way or keep us from doing something to harm others. This blinding has changed my path in life a few times, delaying me from going which turned out to be very beneficial in the long run. It may be some sort of telepathic communication between peoples subconscious minds where someone Else's subconscious sees something dangerous and causes our subconscious to blind us till the risk of harm is gone. I'm not exactly sure of the exact way this happens but I am positive something blinds us sometimes for a reason. Open your eyes to what the reason for the blinding may have been.

Propylene glycol in foods and possibly soaps cause a dumbing down effect through their absorption into the body. Vanilla does this to an extent also as well as Balsam of Peru. Milk has a calming effect by this action also and makes a person less alert. Chocolate has a similar chemical. There are many other kinds of foods that cause this doping, including organic fluoride containing products and probably fluoride added to water. There are about five ways people naturally dope themselves up to fit in and enjoy life. I try to balance the effects myself so I can think straight and at high levels and still have a little fun and be calm. That is hard sometimes because they are opposites unless you love learning new things and get excited over them. Then your life in public is hampered because most people don't exactly like to feel inferior to others so shy away from these intelligent people.

Food acts within a few hours so knowing what to eat before and after certain social functions is critical. Our subconscious knows this, try reestablishing communication with your inner self. Foods that are propylene/propanol/propene/propan in conjunction with a sugar group somewhat hinder this communication. That is a big group, including many meats and cooking practices.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
For the last two years my silverware has been disappearing. Started with forks and now it is butter knives.

I live alone and my only company would be my daughter and believe me she would not want my dollar store silverware.

My family thinks im nuts and I just keep going to the dollar store for more.

This has been happening to me and I cannot figure it out. We had many pieces of silverware, all cheap. I'd say we had 15 - 20 of each type...forks...spoons...etc.

I noticed spoons were running low, but I kept figuring they were just dirty somewhere or I had more in the dishwasher than I thought. I told my husband we were somehow losing spoons, and he had no idea where they were. I turned the house upside down and didn't find a single one. Then, we were probably down to 7-10 spoons. But now, we currently have 5 spoons. I don't know where they all went! More disappear all the time.

When I was a teen living with my mom, she always accused me of throwing away or hiding forks in my room. I wasn't, of course. But we had got down to like 3 forks and my mom had to go buy a bunch more.

I guess I have always assumed there is a logical explanation somewhere. Maybe one day I will find a rat's nest full of spoons, who knows.

ETA: HaHa! After posting this, I decided to go check the spoon count again. Whenever I do dishes I count how many we have left, since they keep disappearing...it has been 5 for weeks. But now, we have 6. Perhaps writing this thread caused whoever to send me one back lol
edit on 14-8-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We had things moving around in our previous house quite often. No one ever saw anything move, but certain things were never where you left them. A pack of cigarettes and lighter would be moved from a tabletop to a kitchen counter. We went so far as to put them on the table, leave the house for an hour, then came back to find them moved again. My kids had electronic toys that would turn themselves on when no one was in the room with them. You could hear them from the next room, beeping and blooping like someone were playing with them. Nothing harmful, threatening or scary ever happened, just odd stuff. Our present house has it's own issues. Maybe we have a tag along.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The first thought that appeared in my mind was that you were being haunted by "Slimer."

You know, that ghost from the movie GhostBusters that was always eating.

Not making fun of you as I have had things disappear myself, only to reappear later in a different place.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join