It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human brain is like an advanced remote control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Recently I've been considering that Humans are BPPA's, Biochromogenic Photo-voltaic pictographical actualizers

The remote control concept is interesting.

Photographs, like the human body which is seventy percent water, sit in an aqueous solution to develop themselves. Sperm born from a body (light) is created in a the testes (dark) and travels up another dark womb, where it eventually exits what it entered, manifesting in to a state of existence entirely dependent on the same light that would have killed it immediately upon contact previously. A newborn baby will now sleep in a dark room and alternate between awake light and dark sleep.

Hundredth monkey, a select population of species gaining knowledge of a certain learned task upon reaching critical mass is important to consider in relation to human activities and tendencies. An engram, which is an established neurological pathway in your brain that stores memory of action, will more readily perform the stored movement unless you consciously establish new engrams and rewrite the old habitual ones. Is our species being kept in the dark about such things?

Humans in numbers operating on the same thought projection frequency can become a powerful force if positioned to dominate and control observable commonalities shared by all humans . Things such as buildings, water, animals, sexual orientation ,skin colour, etc. what we share becomes us and shapes our collective identification and functional relationship with ourselves and the universe.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

My brain being like a remote control would actually explain a lot... I can't get the freaking remote control to work right either.

~Heff

Exactly and I think that says a lot. The remote control is complicated and messy with a lot of "stuff" we get it all messed up...when we can find it.

I agree with the OP, so it brings us to the conclusion that with training to use...we can control everything! we can change our metabolism, we can turn off alcoholism, we could alter matter with our energy if we understood the complete use of the remote control!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I tend to think of us as transistors. We are part of a circuit board (mankind) and function as a unit to operate the whole (the universe).

The whole is the origin of all thought and knowledge, the mainframe, the soul.

When we figure out how to cooperate, sing the same song (probably literally), the truth will be revealed to us. Until then we will continue to grope singly for an answer that will be beyond our comprehension without unity.

Is this ultimate truth The Singularity? Think about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is no evidence that human brain is anything like a remote control, or that there is some field that is to be recieved by the brain. I understand that people want to feel like they are more than just a "piece of meat", that they have a soul, but this is just wishful thinking.

On the other hand, we already employ artificial neural networks to do many tasks that typicaly required human mind, such as pattern recognition. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
then we are going to wakeup like neo.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
There is no evidence that human brain is anything like a remote control, or that there is some field that is to be recieved by the brain. I understand that people want to feel like they are more than just a "piece of meat", that they have a soul, but this is just wishful thinking.

On the other hand, we already employ artificial neural networks to do many tasks that typicaly required human mind, such as pattern recognition. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
'

I didnt interpret the OP in the way that you did..... in interpreted it in the way that the conscious observer that is you controls your body and accesses your thoughts and memories like a remote control,.., as if there needs to be the hard ware of stored memories and information,, and a subtle cursor or browser which has control over the information,, when to access it,, what to access,, what to mix to create a new thought,, when to run and move and jump,,, etc..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Is it that the observer is the heart???,thats why we have hunches instead of brainches???

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I'd say a good reason for memory would be electromagnetic resonance of your electrochemical/electromagnetic brain sensing things within the field of gravity, gravity being a giant conglomeration of total electromagnetic charge (because all atoms are charged by photons in the electron field) and your brain and body are made up of atoms too. So, if patterns of chemicals in the brain can be used to describe you as this or that, then certainly other patterns, some of which may be complex in their identifications, should be out there to discover. I would wager that electromagnetism holds key patterns that will unlike many secrets. After all, isn't light, information (Radio antennas and your radio transforming light into sound)?

Maybe photons are like little beating hearts with eyes, which is the field of consciousness

Photons are described as a necessary consequence of physical laws having a certain symmetry at every point in spacetime. The intrinsic properties of photons, such as charge, mass and spin, are determined by the properties of this gauge symmetry. The photon concept has led to momentous advances in experimental and theoretical physics, such as lasers, Bose–Einstein condensation, quantum field theory, and the probabilistic interpretation of quantum mechanics. It has been applied to photochemistry, high-resolution microscopy, and measurements of molecular distances.

I hear zero is the new infinity? Perhaps photons are the closest resemblance of the big bang yin-yang?

The photon is the gauge boson for electromagnetism,[13] and therefore all other quantum numbers of the photon (such as lepton number, baryon number, and flavour quantum numbers) are zero

edit on 13-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

It's all just very baffling for a massless, chargeless particle, set into two oscillating waves, can create such immense energy, and interact with all mass.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by neoholographic

That's just about the smartest thing I've heard lately. It made a lot of connections for me. Thanks....

For myself, I would rather think that the human brain is like a TV, controlled by whatever of its buttons are pushed, remotely or directly upon its physical body. Doesn't that make more basic sense?

But we really don't want to think with our controlled TV brains along those lines do we?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
These things are not impossible to prove. You people should look up Rupert Sheldrake's work. You can start with this:

edit on 13-8-2012 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Love sheldrake! what a great thinker!!!

Thanks for the link!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I like this study about where ideas/insight comes from.

"There are three light switches on the ground-floor wall of a three-storey house. Two of the switches do nothing, but one of them controls a bulb on the second floor. When you begin, the bulb is off. You can only make one visit to the second floor. How do you work out which switch is the one that controls the light?

That light-bulb moment

This problem, or one equivalent to it, was presented on a computer screen to a volunteer when that volunteer pressed a button. The electrical activity of the volunteer's brain (his brainwave pattern, in common parlance) was recorded by the EEG from the button's press. Each volunteer was given 30 seconds to read the puzzle and another 60 to 90 seconds to solve it. If he had not done so in the time allotted, a hint appeared. In the case of the light-switch puzzle, the suggestion was that you turn one switch on for a while, then turn it off.

Some people worked it out; others did not. The significant point, though, was that the EEG predicted who would fall where. Those volunteers who went on to have an insight (in this case that on their one and only visit to the second floor they could use not just the light but the heat produced by a bulb as evidence of an active switch) had had different brainwave activity from those who never got it. In the right frontal cortex, a part of the brain associated with shifting mental states, there was an increase in high-frequency gamma waves (those with 47-48 cycles a second). Moreover, the difference was noticeable up to eight seconds before the volunteer realised he had found the solution. Dr Sheth thinks this may be capturing the “transformational thought” (the light-bulb moment, as it were) in action, before the brain's “owner” is consciously aware of it."

And so it seems that there is electrical activity in the brain 8 seconds before we consciously realise that we have an idea.

www.economist.com...

edit on 13-8-2012 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My brain is more like a trs-80.. cant find the right drivers or peripherals and in monocrome and its only kept around for novelty... under 2 khz and a whole 4KB of ram.... dammit.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
While not exactly the same idea, I had a post I made the other day that I was reminded of when I read yours..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was thinking about the possibility that what is "us" is just a form of energy driving the machine that is our body.. and the mind really is just the interface for that machine.. As I said in my thread, I'm an atheist and very science minded but I just wanted to think outside the box a little bit..

The thread went into calling this a soul and sort of devolved into religious debate.. to each his own, but for me it wasn't intended to be a spiritual / religious thing.. and I only posted in that forum because I assumed it would get mod relocated there anyway .. ( metaphysics ) .. people did maintain respect however and I appreciated that.

Interesting stuff.
edit on 8/13/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
After reading the Colorado shooting had a drill mirror event (or vise versa) I had to dig into BCI's (Brain Computer Interfaces) to see if a soldier avatar was a possibility. Another phrase in this search neurophysiological interface technology. Not quite the spiritual or quantum path, but certainly electromagnetic as our neuroscience student has shown. We're well on our way to hacking the "pinouts" of our brains and nervous systems, with primary pursuits now being full spectrum wireless interfacing for portability and non-invasive I/O tapping - getting away from implants and moving toward external cranial interfacing.

Google Scholar has suddenly crashed on me, but there I found we have mapped: visual input, optical input, electromotive input, moral switch (less precisely), speech function, and more just on the inputs.

The outputs are even more mastered, studied longer and in greater numbers. From commercial computer controllers (mouse/keyboard/et), to military equipment or simulation interfaces, and motorized prosthetics just to name some big avenues in this direction of the research.

We can read, we can write, we can impede. I'm not sure if this leaves me much hope for a greater consciousness, but I don't dare close that book.

EDIT: It's working now.

BCI Search on Scholar: scholar.google.com...,14&as_ylo=2011

Just one recent progress: Using the electrocorticographic speech network to control a brain–computer interface in humans | iopscience.iop.org...

Frequency and Phase Mixed Coding in SSVEP-Based Brain--Computer Interface | ieeexplore.ieee.org...
ed it on 13-8-2012 by SiliconJon because: scholar came back online

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, I think the brain is a wonderful instrument, and there is a lot we don't know about it. Yet, with all do respect, I think there is something more to us all than the brain.
I'm thinking about OBE or NDE as a proof , but since these experiences are not yet accepted as "scientific", and many people roll their eyes, i'll leave them aside for now.

But there is one more thing that makes all the difference, in my opinion, and should make us wonder: that little experiment where is demonstrated that plants respond to pain, to affection, to music... Plants don't have a brain. What exactly in a plant is receiving, processing, translating and responding to such a subtle event as the pain of a different living being? How they do it, since all this process is the brain's job? Doesn't make our all mighty brain seem a little bit irrelevant?

So if this is the case, wouldn't be logic then to presume that there must be some kind of field, or transmission, or some kind of energy that all living things are perceiving it, regardless of their brain capacity, or even without a brain? Similar with a permanent radio transmission; and we all are like some radio devices, some more advanced, like humans, so we receive a lot more of the radio waves, some very simple, who receive a minimum amount of radio waves.

So maybe, maybe, our brain is responsible for so many wonderful things, yet there is something else powering or stimulating this great brain. Something worth thinking about.

edit on 13-8-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I will try not to take sides in this debate but instead wish to ask a question I feel pertains to the discussion and that question is this: If a human brain transplant were possible without damaging the brain (honestly not sure if it is) and a hundred percent succesful as far as the recipient being able to be aware of being aware after the procedure, whose memories does he hold if any at all? Does his personality along with his every experience he's had begin anew?

Would this not get us closer to the answer of whether soul (the observer, whatever you want to call it) stems from a mere function of the brain or some other outside, unseeable, uncalulable source? Are our thoughts stored on hardware or something more like a cloud?

To use the Ops analogy, is a damaged brain nothing more than than a malfuntioning remote which can be replaced and once replaced be able to change to the same channels (i.e memories, personality, etc.) we have always had?

The whole question really is hypothetical but I believe worth pondering. Neuroscience is amazing when it comes to learning the Mechanics of the brain which I understand as the main objective of the field, but until a human brain transplant is succesful, any claims of an outside observer existing (or not existing) is all just speculation. Of course not saying that it would completely end speculation either..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by d0l01

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

"wouldn't be logic then to presume that there must be some kind of field, or transmission, or some kind of energy that all living things are perceiving it, regardless of their brain capacity, or even without a brain? "

not necessarily to me,..,,.. plants may have atomic or quantum functions which react to sunlight and stuff,,, and perhaps when humans express emotions subtle waves and fields of energy are dispersed from the human,, and these waves perhaps depending on the correlating frequency ( think those sand on speaker videos) effect the plants structure a certain way,,.,.,. light itself probably propagates in wave and frequencies like that which started life and plants into their dance in the first place....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As a blackout alcoholic,

I think we should do more studying of blackout alcoholics to increase understanding of the "controller aspect."

I've had experiences where friends show me video of myself talking about stuff and sounding somewhat intelligent and I have no recollection.

To what extent can the brain and person function in the absence of consciousness? How does consciousness differ from memory? When I can't remember an experience does that correlate to an abnormality in how the source of my consciousness is functioning? Is it possible that during a blackout my truest identity is traveling outside my physical brain, or my ego completely dissolves and with it personalized memories?

Your metaphor of the remote control fails to an extent because the human brain can in fact function and the body can act without a functioning memory complex.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join