It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town Loses Jobs, Must Train Chinese Replacements. Romney's Legacy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I would have told them, train them yourselves and walked out along with everyone else following me.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I would have told them, train them yourselves and walked out along with everyone else following me.

I wouldn't have used such kind words but the message would be the same.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There is only so much begging a man can do for his job without losing his dignity, but it comes a time where I would rather work at a gas station and still be a man than at a high end place and not be one. Thank god I have a decent job where it only sucks occasionally..

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Diisenchanted

Originally posted by blackcalx
It doesn't matter who runs Bain. The endgame is same no matter your party afflilation. The fact is that this country is slipping into a banana republic. All our jobs are going overseas, being automated, made redundant, etc.

There is nothing left to do in this country to make a middle class salary except work for the banks (which are shipping jobs overseas) or work for the government. The good news is that once the new world order is implemented and everyone is making 50 cents an hour and living in cardboard boxes, then the jobs will come back to America because there will be no overseas competition to make higher profits! So look at the bright side.
edit on 12-8-2012 by blackcalx because: sp

You are right i didn't mean to imply anything. I'm just so used to people slamming one over the other, and i dispise both equally.
Ron Paul 2012 my only vote.....

It does matter who runs bain. This whole thread is about how to make Obummer look like the less of two evils. (He is not.) He is just as bad as Mittens if not worse.....
Might as well put the blame where blame is due.... Each of these candadites are an absolute joke.
How anyone could defend either of these morons is beyond me....When will this nightmare end.

You have me wrong by a long shot!

This thread is NOT in support of either of these clowns. I abhor them equally for some of the same and some different reasons.

This thread was intended to show the Mitt supporters that he is no different than Obama and worse in some ways.

Side Note...I have seen 2 Canadians wearing Ron Paul T-Shirts this week...

If more Americans could see that there is no difference between Obama and Mitt, RP would be where he should be...in the chair.

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Yes, they should have dropped the Union and accepted minimum wage! THAT would have let them keep their jobs!

Woohooo, lets all sing "The worker shall be happy for his job, and I will get the riches!"..

Are you sane? Or completely turning a blind eye on the need of a working man?
BTW: 55$? 15$? HALVE them, maybe then you are in reality-town.. I don't know where these numbers are from, but I have an idea...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Why not keep working for some more weeks and get some more money out of it? Swallow the pride, earn the money.. Not a nice concept, I know.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Cannot believe you brought labor unions into this thread ... and proceeded to blame them. Of course the elite blame the Unions, they are the last people actually fighting against them, for the most part for some sort of wage equality and the right of the middle class to have a good life too. Blows my mind an "average" person would be so ignorant as to blame the Union's.

So, its OK for CEOs of companies to make multi-million dollar bonuses but god forbid that the wealth be spread among the people who's backs a company is actually built upon. Wow, while we are at it lets also give up these rights Unions fought for, I am sure the corporate elite would love it as it would certainly make their bonuses even bigger ...

Labor unions are responsible for the many benefits of our jobs that we enjoy today. Even if you only work part time in the worst job possible, you still enjoy at least some of the fruits that labor has fought for. Here are 20 of them.

1. Minimum Wage: Without federally mandated minimum wage, we’d still be working for pennies.

2. Child Labor Laws: Without these laws, children would be hired as cheap labor.

3. Paid Vacations: Did you go on a cruise this year? Perhaps to the Grand Canyon or another country? Thank a union.
4. Employer Health Care, Dental, and Vision Insurance: If you have a medical, dental, or vision care plan through your employer, your a lucky person. All because of organized labor.

5. Pensions: If you were able to retire at 65 and get pension checks in the mail, congratulations, you’re living proof that unions work.

6. Safety Conditions: Do you work at a potentially hazardous job but have safety regulations in place to protect you? If so, unions are responsible for your continued safety.

7. Collective Bargaining: Just having the right to negotiate with your employer is a benefit guaranteed by a union.

8. Weekends: If you have weekends off to spend with your families, a labor union is responsible for giving you that time off.

9. Sick Leave: Did you get to use a work provided sick day to get well? Unions fought for that too.

10. Overtime: Are you able to work overtime and get paid even more for it? Thank a union.

11. 8 Hour Work Day: Without unions, we’d all be working non-stop 24/7. Because of unions you’re able to go home and spend some time at home with family and friends before you catch 6-8 hours of sleep.

12. 40 Hour Work Week: Just like number 11, without unions, we’d never have a day off and work would encompass our entire life.

13. Unemployment Benefits: Are you unemployed but receive unemployment benefits to care for your family until you find another job? One word. Unions.

14. Wrongful Termination Laws: Because of unions, you can’t be fired for stupid reasons, like the color of your skin or because you make too much money.

15. Pay Raises: Unions are responsible for your ability to ask for and receive pay raises.

16. Holiday Pay: Do you at least get some holidays off? If so, thank a union.

17. Pregnancy and Parental Leave: In some countries, women give birth on the job and have to go back to work the next day. Corporations would make women do the same thing here if not for the determination of a union.

18. The Right To Strike: We have the right to organize and protest against the government. A union fought for your right to organize and strike against your employer.

19. Equal Pay For Women: Women finally get equal pay for equal work. Thank a union.

20. Laws Ending Sweatshops: Because of unions, sweatshops, which employ cheap labor with harsh conditions, are illegal.

Every right that a worker has in the workplace is all because a union fought hard to get it. As Republicans continue to wipe out unions and weaken them, they also weaken us and our ability to fight back against unfair business practices. We are at risk of losing all the things that unions fought long and hard to secure. Even our jobs are at risk. Because of unions, many of the jobs Americans still hold, have not been outsourced overseas. Unions protect jobs in America and where there are unions, there are jobs. Because the private sector has largely wiped out unions, big corporations are able to lay off American workers and give those jobs to cheap labor overseas. If you want a job, or want to keep yours, organize or join a union and fight for your right to work. Unions fight for the American worker, therefore they fight for us. Anyone who says that unions are un-American only wants to get rid of the above list so that they can make ridiculous profits off the backs off a cheap labor workforce. If you support American workers, American jobs, and the continued prosperity of the American people, support labor unions.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Its the industry.

They want to make their money.

They get away with it by orders of exemption. They are special I guess. I dont know why they think that though, look at where we're at today. How did they help make anything better?
edit on 13-8-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

True. There is no need to make up contention where there is no need for any.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You and I finally agree on something
Now the downside...
My husband used to work for a major company that wanted
to turn their IT work over to an indian firm.My husband had to
train his replacement or lose his benefit package and retirement.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Bain is Mitt Romney's child. It is a reflection of Mitt Romney.

Mitt is not a creator, he is a destroyer. It would be worth it to travel to protest against the low life scum bag.

If I was a republican, I would be so disgusted with Mitt as the repub party candidate, I wouldn't vote in this election.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Why do you post such crap? as one of the repliers noted:

Romney was 12 years out from Bain Capital. Dodge Obama's record is all you can do!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
bain is run by one of obamas top campaign bundlers johnathan lavine.

mitt romney has been gone for 12 years.

Another thing that Obama has in common with Mittens ... two turds a like caught by the same septic system... and don't forget the other two career politicians clinging to their coat tails.....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Bain is Mitt Romney's child. It is a reflection of Mitt Romney.

Mitt is not a creator, he is a destroyer. It would be worth it to travel to protest against the low life scum bag.

If I was a republican, I would be so disgusted with Mitt as the repub party candidate, I wouldn't vote in this election.

No, Mit is a scavenger picking the bones of rotting businesses...... after all he was a vulture capitalist

If you look at the history of Bain and their business practices it appears that all Mitt did was leverage the broke company for everything they could; collect all the "fees" they could and then pawn the carcass off on someone else.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

You and I finally agree on something
Now the downside...
My husband used to work for a major company that wanted
to turn their IT work over to an indian firm.My husband had to
train his replacement or lose his benefit package and retirement.

I worked at such a company for a year and a half. They had fired nearly all of the IT staff and those few who were left spent all their time training a revolving door of TCS contractors from India. The company even kept a set of apartments down the street to house all the contractors, within walking distance, since they didn't have cars. I've never worked anywhere so crazy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I worked for HP Managed Services in 2004 / 2005. The first company I was sold to forced me to train my Indian replacements, or they would NOT provide a job reference for me. The second company sent all of their jobs to India 6 months later, and then brought them home after about a year, at half the previous pay. The scummiest system in the history of the world has been in full-effect for more than a decade. Never kid yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Way to make up your own news article title as your subject.

I think according to ATS rules it should have been

‘I’m sick to my stomach’: anger grows in Illinois at Bain’s latest outsourcing plan

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by jude11

Why do you post such crap? as one of the repliers noted:

Romney was 12 years out from Bain Capital. Dodge Obama's record is all you can do!

Did you even read the article or thread?

Romney is profiting off this business that is breaking Americans, while promising to bring jobs back, but I guess that's ok?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This is a downright LIE. This capital investment occurred in 2006. Romney left Bain in 1999.

Actually it was Romney who lied. Bain's SEC filings still showed Romney as the CEO of Bain at least until 2002 - two years after "leaving" to run the Olympics in Utah. There were also numerous reports and emails Romney was still interacting with Bain and directing the company long after 1999.

Regardless of whether he is a stock holder means absolutely NOTHING.

"Just a stockholder"? He is THE #1 stockholder. He is the FOUNDER. Bain Capital is Mitt Romney's baby. Bain Capital is his legacy - he created the business model and the business culture that is still present at Bain Capital.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
More job losses thanks to Democrats and Republicans. Come on people wise up! Quit being brainwashed by the people who are taking your jobs and houses away from you and sending your children overseas to die so they can become richer.

Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a filthy currency tarnished by greed and corruption that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

These men and women band together in gangs they call political parties in order to conspire together to scam, defraud, and extort money from the American voter and taxpayer.

Democrats and Republicans conspire to amass great personal fortunes during their time in Washington while running our country into the ground.

Every election cycle we have to choose between the lying, thieving, whore mongering Democrat or the lying, thieving, whore mongering Republican.

After every election the headlines scream "REPUBLICANS WIN!" or they scream "DEMOCRATS WIN!". But they never, never, never scream "AMERICANS WIN!". Why is that? It is because when Democrats and Republicans win, Americans get screwed.

The only way Americans are ever going to have an honest government is to quit electing Democrats and Republicans.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join