It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town Loses Jobs, Must Train Chinese Replacements. Romney's Legacy.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

A friend of my mother, not only lost her job of 20 years to outsourcing, she had to fly to India to train her replacement.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
you're all sitting here online.. wasting your time, writing content for ATS admins (who are profiting from it) the money is right infront of you. don't like it? don't care to learn it? survival of the fittest

i know a lady making 10,000+ per month outsourcing dating site sales from the Philippines

edit on 13-8-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
you're all sitting here online.. wasting your time, writing content for ATS admins (who are profiting from it) the money is right infront of you. don't like it? don't care to learn it? survival of the fittest

i know a lady making 10,000+ per month outsourcing dating site sales from the Philippines

edit on 13-8-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

Difference is they are not running to be POTUS and misleading the American public.

Big difference.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just like Chenny and Halliburton ...

I've heard tptb want Romney because he's easy to control...he's one of them!!!

All the crap I've heard about this guy...... He's one of them...they all are!

Reagan=bush=Clinton=bush=Obama=Romney. They're all the same people.

The day that I saw bush and Obama walking down the side walk together during the inauguration ...I knew right then we had been ............had!

Basically Kennedy warned all of us of these people...Military Ind. complex...since Kennedy...that's all we've had running the show!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

This is where I would have planted a computer virus like stuxnet in the IT company that only I could remove and told them if they wanted me to remove it the cost would have been millions.

I know many people have to stay for the retirement packages, but being layed off as in being fired you may be entitled to a lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Unfortunately, it's understandable why some "private" companies outsource jobs to China in order to make their product affordable to US consumers.

However, to outsource those jobs with US tax payer dollars is even more unfortunate when so many US citizens are unemployed.

80 BILLION of taxpayer's dollars went to bail out General Motors. But the jobs went to China. GM is now in China and US tax dollars paid for it. GM has eleven joint ventures with SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation) and FAW (another Chinese government-owned manufacturer).

7 out of 10 GM vehicles are made OUTSIDE of the United States. General Motors has been shrinking its operations in the US while aggressively expanding and investing in China.

“Our commitment to working in China, with China, and for China remains strong and focused on the future.” - Dan Akerson, CEO of GM.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-8-2012 by Henley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So Bain Capital buys a profitable American plant, ships it to China; and the soon-to-be-jobless workers have to train their overseas replacements.

This is Mitt Romney's version of capitalism, friends. This guy believes in the American dream so much he is shipping it to China. Bain Capital is his legacy. He founded it and developed it's business model. And that business model is - OUTSOURCE JOBS AND FACTORIES.

"I understand business needs to make a profit. But this product has always made a ton of money. It's just that they think it is not enough money. They are greedy," said Tom Gaulraupp, who has put in 33 years at the plant and is facing the prospect of becoming jobless at the age of 54.

Mark Shreck, a 36-year-old father-of-three, confessed he was one of the few workers not surprised at the layoffs, as this is the second time his job has moved to China. "I feel this is what companies do nowadays," he said. Freeport mayor George Gaulrapp

The Freeport workers have appealed to Bain and Romney to save their plant. The local town council, several Illinois politicians and the state's Democratic governor have all rallied to their cause. "This company is competitive globally. They make a profit here. But Bain Capital decided to squeeze it a little further. That is not what capitalism is meant to be about," said Freeport mayor George Gaulrapp, 52, pictured.

The anger towards Bain and Romney is palpable. Romney has become the target for the emotions of a community who built lives based on the idea of a steady manufacturing job: a concept out of place in the sort of fluid buy-and-sell world from which Bain prospers. "I didn't have a clue what Bain was before this happened," said Cheryl Randecker, 52. "Now when I hear Romney speak it makes me sick to my stomach."

(From I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan)

Mitt Romney has a history with outsourcing such factories, especially high-tech ones. See: Mitt Romney Invested Millions in Firms That Pioneered High-Tech Outsourcing. This time he used another one of his wholly-owned companies, Brookside Capital Investors, Inc.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I trained "Team India" to do my job - took them a year to learn it but at 57 and 16 years with the same company my job was outsourced.

Now, how about the bridge that is being built in CA by Chinese workers / contractors.

WTFU..................our government has done sold us out.

Democrat/Republican - they are both working for the large corporations and not the people.

The last president that tried to control corporations, tried to audit the Federal Reserve and dismantle the CIA got the back of his head blown off.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I guess my question is this: (Pardon if it has been answered already) What was Romney's actual in involvement in this? I mean, this mentions him in the article in relation to the town, Bain and the plant....but I was aware that he has not been with Bain for some time...right? Maybe I didn't read the article right.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If i lost my job and had to show a replacement how to do it...don't ya know the whole time Im showing him how to do it....Im gonna have his wife there for a 8 hour mustache ride and deep plumbing while he watches......

Then I'll show him how to do it all wrong........

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Can you imagine losing your livelihood and then having to train the Chinese to do it in your place? That's exactly what is happening here and if Americans don't start fighting back soon, it will happen in every town across the Nation.

Guess who's at the helm again? Mitt himself.
‘I’m sick to my stomach’: anger grows in Illinois at Bain’s latest outsourcing plan.

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

The shock of losing a precious job in a town afflicted by high unemployment is always hard. A foundation for a stable family life and secure home instantly disappears, replaced with a future filled with fears over health insurance, missed mortgage payments and the potential for a slip below the breadline.

But for Bonnie Borman – and 170 other men and women in Freeport,Illinois – there is a brutal twist to the torture. Borman, 52, and the other workers of a soon-to-be-shuttered car parts plant are personally training the Chinese workers who will replace them.

And this guy is a front runner to being President? He doesn't even have the brains to curtail his deeds in front of the election but just goes on destroying jobs and towns.

Excuse me while I find a softer way to say this but...nope no way to do it...This guy is such a dirt bag, has always been a dirt bag and will continue to be a dirt bag. He cares nothing for the average citizen but will rape, pillage and screw Americans with even more gusto if he occupies that seat.

C'mon people, what are you doing here? Are Americans actually supporting this douche? He needs to be tarred and feathered and left to rot on an island somewhere.

But, in the midst of the 2012 presidential election, Freeport is different. For Sensata is majority-owned by Bain Capital, the private equity firm once led by Mitt Romney, that has become a hugely controversial symbol of how the modern globalised American economy works. Indeed, Romney still owns millions of dollars of shares in the Bain funds that own Sensata.

So as Sensata strips out costs by sacking American workers in favour of Chinese ones, the value of Romney’s own investments could rise, putting money into the pockets of a Republican challenger who has placed job creation in America at the heart of his bid for the White House.

He may not be at the head anymore but he created this monster and you can be sure that he still pulls a lot of the strings for Bain. Even if he had no say whatsoever, he will still profit from the misery of Americans who will grow even poorer while this scum pads his pocket on their loss.

Jeez, hope I didn't go too easy on this piece of crap...

Peace

The only hope we have of turning this around is if Mitt is elected, to force him to withdraw our country from the
NAFTA / GATT Treaty. PERIOD ! That is the only way that these jobs that have been going overseas will stop and force the corporations that use them to come home for manufacturing and quit outsourcing. This has been falling on deaf ears since before Clinton's 2nd term in office. Something needs to happen NOW !!!
edit on 8/14/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Troll thread, none of this has any relevance to Romney. This is just bad logic for liberal arts majors. I feel sorry for all of you that agree with this post. It is not your fault though, they fail to teach basic logic and rational in public schools, if they did you would not be liberal.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
reply to post by phantomjack

Yes, they should have dropped the Union and accepted minimum wage! THAT would have let them keep their jobs!

Woohooo, lets all sing "The worker shall be happy for his job, and I will get the riches!"..

Are you sane? Or completely turning a blind eye on the need of a working man?
BTW: 55$? 15$? HALVE them, maybe then you are in reality-town.. I don't know where these numbers are from, but I have an idea...

US Autoworkers make on average $55 an hour, PLUS benefits. They are UN-FIRABLE. In fact, GM has a staff of 5000 workers who get paid to do nothing but sit in a room, playing cards and watching TV.

Google it.

So how much of that labor goes into the cost of a car? Who is making money?

Oh, thats right. At one time, GM had investors, which, were SECURED investors. Do you know what that means? In Bankruptcy, the Secured Creditors get paid first, even if it is 10 cents on the dollar. Guess what? Obama killed that concept. Yeah, he paid all the UNSECURED creditors FIRST, like the UNIONS, and guess what? We the people, got screwed.

That's the reality I live in. What's your excuse?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Bain is Mitt Romney's child. It is a reflection of Mitt Romney.

Mitt is not a creator, he is a destroyer. It would be worth it to travel to protest against the low life scum bag.

If I was a republican, I would be so disgusted with Mitt as the repub party candidate, I wouldn't vote in this election.

He is an "organizer" just like the idiot in the seat now. No different, except we can detail all of Romney's career, while Obama's is a complete mystery.

Hmmmm.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by phantomjack

This is a downright LIE. This capital investment occurred in 2006. Romney left Bain in 1999.

Actually it was Romney who lied. Bain's SEC filings still showed Romney as the CEO of Bain at least until 2002 - two years after "leaving" to run the Olympics in Utah. There were also numerous reports and emails Romney was still interacting with Bain and directing the company long after 1999.

Regardless of whether he is a stock holder means absolutely NOTHING.

"Just a stockholder"? He is THE #1 stockholder. He is the FOUNDER. Bain Capital is Mitt Romney's baby. Bain Capital is his legacy - he created the business model and the business culture that is still present at Bain Capital.

Show me the "emails" and "Reports" you claim to have?

Someone has to have the title of CEO, just as there needs to be a "President" as well. It varies from state to state. Just because he is listed as either/or, does not mean he was controlling the company.

And besides, who freaking cares anyway? You base all of your anger in that Bane Capital was a bad, bad company, when in fact, you don't obviously know what Venture Capital is all about, or how it is used.

These companies that Bain took in, were IN TROUBLE! They were going to fail!!!!!!! So HIS MONEY helped in MOST cases to SAVE the company.

Why did he have to cut jobs? BECAUSE THE COMPANY WAS BLEEDING FROM INSIDE! Labor is the largest expense of a business. So if you have to cut, you have to cut there. Simple business 101.

I have been in business for myself for 27 years. I have hired and fired THOUSANDS of people over the years. I have given people second and third chances over the years, paid a fair wage, and above all, PAID MYSELF LAST!

If you know what you are talking about, then fine. Talk about it. If you don't, then DON'T unless you have some sort of ability to back up your claims.

Bain did nothing wrong. Lets start with that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join