It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town Loses Jobs, Must Train Chinese Replacements. Romney's Legacy.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Can you imagine losing your livelihood and then having to train the Chinese to do it in your place? That's exactly what is happening here and if Americans don't start fighting back soon, it will happen in every town across the Nation.

Guess who's at the helm again? Mitt himself.
‘I’m sick to my stomach’: anger grows in Illinois at Bain’s latest outsourcing plan.

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

The shock of losing a precious job in a town afflicted by high unemployment is always hard. A foundation for a stable family life and secure home instantly disappears, replaced with a future filled with fears over health insurance, missed mortgage payments and the potential for a slip below the breadline.

But for Bonnie Borman – and 170 other men and women in Freeport,Illinois – there is a brutal twist to the torture. Borman, 52, and the other workers of a soon-to-be-shuttered car parts plant are personally training the Chinese workers who will replace them.

And this guy is a front runner to being President? He doesn't even have the brains to curtail his deeds in front of the election but just goes on destroying jobs and towns.

Excuse me while I find a softer way to say this but...nope no way to do it...This guy is such a dirt bag, has always been a dirt bag and will continue to be a dirt bag. He cares nothing for the average citizen but will rape, pillage and screw Americans with even more gusto if he occupies that seat.

C'mon people, what are you doing here? Are Americans actually supporting this douche? He needs to be tarred and feathered and left to rot on an island somewhere.

But, in the midst of the 2012 presidential election, Freeport is different. For Sensata is majority-owned by Bain Capital, the private equity firm once led by Mitt Romney, that has become a hugely controversial symbol of how the modern globalised American economy works. Indeed, Romney still owns millions of dollars of shares in the Bain funds that own Sensata.

So as Sensata strips out costs by sacking American workers in favour of Chinese ones, the value of Romney’s own investments could rise, putting money into the pockets of a Republican challenger who has placed job creation in America at the heart of his bid for the White House.

He may not be at the head anymore but he created this monster and you can be sure that he still pulls a lot of the strings for Bain. Even if he had no say whatsoever, he will still profit from the misery of Americans who will grow even poorer while this scum pads his pocket on their loss.

Jeez, hope I didn't go too easy on this piece of crap...

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

But for Bonnie Borman – and 170 other men and women in Freeport,Illinois – there is a brutal twist to the torture. Borman, 52, and the other workers of a soon-to-be-shuttered car parts plant are personally training the Chinese workers who will replace them

I'm sorry, but I don't know if I could train these people who are taking over my job.

That's what is wrong with America, all the jobs are going over seas.

edit on 12-8-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
bain is run by one of obamas top campaign bundlers johnathan lavine.

mitt romney has been gone for 12 years.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It just goes to prove that our government is run by criminals! No difference between Romney nor Obama! It makes me sick in my stomach to see so many people putting their faith in people who work for the corporatist bankers! But yet, every day, I can faithfully log onto ATS or any other site and watch people fight amongst themselves about why one party is better than the other...................and we wonder why we are screwed!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

But for Bonnie Borman – and 170 other men and women in Freeport,Illinois – there is a brutal twist to the torture. Borman, 52, and the other workers of a soon-to-be-shuttered car parts plant are personally training the Chinese workers who will replace them

I'm sorry, but there is no way I could train these people who are taking over my job.

I couldn't imagine the humiliation these people must feel. I know I couldn't do it but if you needed those last few checks to pay bills or feed your family, what do you do?

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who runs Bain. The endgame is same no matter your party afflilation. The fact is that this country is slipping into a banana republic. All our jobs are going overseas, being automated, made redundant, etc.

There is nothing left to do in this country to make a middle class salary except work for the banks (which are shipping jobs overseas) or work for the government. The good news is that once the new world order is implemented and everyone is making 50 cents an hour and living in cardboard boxes, then the jobs will come back to America because there will be no overseas competition to make higher profits! So look at the bright side.
edit on 12-8-2012 by blackcalx because: sp

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm from Massachusetts, Jude, and yep-- Romney is a dirt bag. Anyone who thinks he'd unfold wonders of economic miracles if elected President ought to take a hard look at what he did here, and what he left us with.

When he talks about his virtue of understanding business, he ain't talking about you and me. I'm a small business owner, and many of my friends are too, and we all agree that Romney's true constituency are the predators and parasites destroying this country.

Dirt Bag Romney.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

And the article even stated that fact as did I. But he still holds a large portion and will profit from this move. And so what makes him any different from Obama on this?

Nothing.

Peace

edit on 12-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
By the way, did I mention that Obama is no better ? I think I'm on record here on ATS for whacking the Obama administration as well.

The political puppet show is appalling. There is no difference between the parties. That's why they're throwing up a bunch of non-issues to get people riled up about petty things that shouldn't be any concern of the government anyway. They're trying to distract us all from the truth- Romney or Obama = the same boat to hell.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Both of these "main" candidate frighten the hell out of me.

Its like they care not for what they do.

We dont need a con artist or a buisness man in the white house, we need a leader who knows how to put a stop to the craziness that has infected our entire species.

We need to get some Nexxus Rid Treatment and cleanse the hell out of these root diggers.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by snarky412

I'm sorry, but there is no way I could train these people who are taking over my job.

I couldn't imagine the humiliation these people must feel. I know I couldn't do it but if you needed those last few checks to pay bills or feed your family, what do you do?

Peace

I agree... you're right.

If they are still receiving pay checks, I can see why they are helping train the new employees.
Maybe in the mean time, they can find a new job and go from there. Hopefully......

And no, I can't imagine the humility these people must feel either.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

Oh really????

That is very interesting......

Thanks for that tad bit of info ~~~

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by jude11

Both of these "main" candidate frighten the hell out of me.

Its like they care not for what they do.

We dont need a con artist or a buisness man in the white house, we need a leader who knows how to put a stop to the craziness that has infected our entire species.

We need to get some Nexxus Rid Treatment and cleanse the hell out of these root diggers.

I can't understand how either of these ass-hats have the American people voting for them.

With men like Ron Paul offering so much more in the way of honesty and integrity, what the hell?

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

One word.

Money

well, maybe three more as well.

Media bought spin.

I could type more, but feel dirty already.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcalx
It doesn't matter who runs Bain. The endgame is same no matter your party afflilation. The fact is that this country is slipping into a banana republic. All our jobs are going overseas, being automated, made redundant, etc.

There is nothing left to do in this country to make a middle class salary except work for the banks (which are shipping jobs overseas) or work for the government. The good news is that once the new world order is implemented and everyone is making 50 cents an hour and living in cardboard boxes, then the jobs will come back to America because there will be no overseas competition to make higher profits! So look at the bright side.

It does matter who runs bain. This whole thread is about how to make Obummer look like the less of two evils. (He is not.) He is just as bad as Mittens if not worse.....
Might as well put the blame where blame is due.... Each of these candadites are an absolute joke.
How anyone could defend either of these morons is beyond me....When will this nightmare end.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted

Originally posted by blackcalx

It does matter who runs bain. This whole thread is about how to make Obummer look like the less of two evils. (He is not.) He is just as bad as Mittens if not worse.....
Might as well put the blame where blame is due.... Each of these candadites are an absolute joke.
How anyone could defend either of these morons is beyond me....When will this nightmare end.

You have me wrong by a long shot!

This thread is NOT in support of either of these clowns. I abhor them equally for some of the same and some different reasons.

This thread was intended to show the Mitt supporters that he is no different than Obama and worse in some ways.

Side Note...I have seen 2 Canadians wearing Ron Paul T-Shirts this week...

If more Americans could see that there is no difference between Obama and Mitt, RP would be where he should be...in the chair.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Guess who's at the helm again? Mitt himself.

This is a downright LIE. This capital investment occurred in 2006. Romney left Bain in 1999. Regardless of whether he is a stock holder means absolutely NOTHING.

You want to know what killed this company? UNIONS!

What the heck do you expect a company to do? Pay their UNION workers $55 an hour? Or pay other who are happy with $15 an hour?

These people at this plant are lucky to have worked this long, even if it meant training their replacements. At least they were given jobs and the opportunity to find other work. Instead, you would rather what, have the company just shutter its doors? Leave the workers without ANY type of chance at all?

So which is it? Close the doors, or, work out in a slow layoff? I bet most of you would be confused by that answer.

If a company is not profitable, then where do you expect the operating funds to come from? Tax Payers?

And, if Obama had not decimated GM like he did, this plant may still have a chance to operate. But no, this is somehow Romney's fault?

I wish all of you anti-bain people would wake up and face reality. MANY more companies are saved by venture capital than closed. Thats the purpose of Bain Capital -- to work with companies to find a solution.

And yes, my dear Cinderella, that sometimes means cutting costs -- and yes, Cinderella, that means layoffs, wage cuts, OR, outsourcing.

Companies are in business to make a profit -- NOT in business to create jobs. Jobs are a byproduct of profit.

So vote Democrat -- because the UNIONS are your problem and you are too blind to see it!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

www.humanevents.com...

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul noted on Tuesday that Obama himself has accepted six figures’ worth of political donations from executives of Bain Capital, Mitt Romney’s old investment firm.
“President Obama has based his entire reelection campaign on a vicious, dishonest assault on Mitt Romney’s business career. The real question for President Obama is this: if Bain Capital is so bad, why have you taken nearly $120,000 in donations from them? President Obama’s actions are the height of hypocrisy,” Saul declared.
The precise total is $118,121, and Obama has been taking that Bain money ever since he ran for the Senate. Furthermore, as noted by ABC News, “One of Obama’s top campaign financiers – Jonathan Lavine – is also managing director at Bain, bundling between $100,000 and $200,000 in contributions for the 2012 Obama Victory Fund, according to estimates released by the Obama campaign.” Humorously, Lavine is also the executive who is actually responsible for some of the decisions Obama has most stridently hammered Romney for, even though they were decisions made after Romney left the company.

Personally, I think they're all missing a few marbles. You gotta wonder. But you can't tell me Obama doesn't know that Jonathan Lavine is the managing director at Bain. That would just be TOOOOOOO stupid.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
And Romny torments kittens!!!!!! And he wants to kill all butterflies!!!!!!! Romney's brain is being controlled by aliens!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbarnhart
And Romny torments kittens!!!!!! And he wants to kill all butterflies!!!!!!! Romney's brain is being controlled by aliens!!!!!!!!!

All probably true but can you prove it?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join