It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars or Mojave, Curious Photos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist
reply to post by benrl

Awsome! That explains some things.

But just how did those tectonic plates form? Yin plans to answer that question in his follow-up round of research, which will appear in the journal Lithosphere.

Thats a good question. Isn't there some debate on the theory of earths plate tectonics?

There is a debate about everthing

I propose mars tectonic plates have fused

You heard it here first

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Observationalist

Ha.

I grew up in the Mojave Dessert area so nice try.

It's Mars.

Ha.

Too bad OP said I5 and central valley. Considering that I've made that drive countless times; most recently 2 days ago coming back from visiting family in Northern Nevada, I can assure you that the mojave is opposite side of the state so nice try.

You haven't a clue.

The OP also said "Mojave" in the title of the thread, so... what are you trying to say?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Uhhh, maybe he said it in the title....

But if you read the actual original post it doesn't say one thing about the Mojave Haha...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

so my curiosity is toward how these mountains formed. The skeptic in me can see the possibility that these photos could be faked.

Why not google something like (geological history of mars) I am sure you would get a wealth of information regarding the subject. Anyone questioning these images are doing so from ignorance, not skepticism........

Here is a very thorough pdf to get you started www.planetary.brown.edu...
You could be an expert on all things Mars by the end of the day

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am pretty sure thats mars... however substitution of places on earth for mars is NOT that silly!

Nasa themselves use the haughton crater up in arctic circle

www.marsonearth.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Why do people have such a hard time believing we have thes rover on mars, or any rover on mars or anywhere else in space? Do they think mankind is too stupid to figure out how to do it?
If people like his were running things, we'd probably be still living in caves wearing animal skins

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Thanks for that, lots to read. In just skimming through it, it is interesting to see how earth and mars formation of lakes and valleys are similar, even to the point of a debate on if there was a large scale flood that created its oceans.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Here's another clue: if there are no trees, tumbleweeds, cacti, roads or contrails, it's probably Mars.

No offence but do you ever support (or even have fun with) any conspiracy here on ATS? If you do my apologies but I've only ever read you debunking theories with sarcastic off the cuff comments.

It might be mars, it probably isn't, but sometimes isn't it more fun to have a bit of out there imagination?
Or a bit of good old ATS romance....

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I get where you were going w/ this...it's sad people are accusing you of denying that is mars...isn't that why we sent cameras to mars..? To see what it looks like, how it developed, resources, atomosphere, ect....

If their environment is soooo different then ours...how were mountains made? We can see similarities from earth...

I get yea ...it's ridiculous that anyone wouldn't understand your curiosity. Curiosity..get it? Ha lol

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Thank you for understanding. 

The article which I don't think any one has actually read was what initiated my curiosity and my question. I simply made an observation and asked an honest question based on my observation. 

I not out looking to prove that NASA is lying about mars.  I'm incline to believe wants going on is on the up and up.

As a member of a conspiracy website I figured it was ok and encouraged to question what is being presented as fact.

Apparently it's ok to question the mainstream media, mainstream religion, the president, but not mainstream science.

Thank you to those that posted links to articles about the landscape of mars.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Here's another clue: if there are no trees, tumbleweeds, cacti, roads or contrails, it's probably Mars.
add paved road to the list.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

fair enough It is fine to question I think it is just this subject is being picked at quite a bit and it is a little irritated at the moment is all

A simple answer would be that by far Mars is the most similar thing to Earth that we know of so of course when we look at it we can easily see there what our eyes have always seen here. It may be more difficult in some ways to notice the differences
edit on 8/12/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yeah, so here's a GigaPan of the highest resolution images from Mars currently available.

gigapan.com...

First of all - the rover is in a CRATER. The "mountains" are the crater walls (the big circle).

Come on, man/OP...

Does this look like the Mojave desert? I mean it resembles it a tad, but IS it the Mojave? No.

Always a conspiracy...

edit on 8/12/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Why do people have such a hard time believing we have thes rover on mars, or any rover on mars or anywhere else in space?

Quite simply, because Governments lie...all the time. About big things, little things, all things. NASA lies, they have even admitted to releasing staged pics.

The unquestioning believers are far more frightening than the skeptics.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot

Why do people have such a hard time believing we have thes rover on mars, or any rover on mars or anywhere else in space?

Quite simply, because Governments lie...all the time.

True! I agree!

NASA lies, they have even admitted to releasing staged pics.

SHOW ME. I want to see this.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Ha.

It's Mars.

What kind of wine do you recommend us for a Mojave "Dessert".

Nice try too

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Ha.

It's Mars.

Nice try too

Are you attacking a typo instead of debating him back? Seriously? Is this what it has come to?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by Trueman

Ha.

It's Mars.

Nice try too

Are you attacking a typo instead of debating him back? Seriously? Is this what it has come to?

Nah.....relax brother, it's understood 100% that's a typo. I just couldn't resist

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Now....seriously I believe there is a chance (just a chance), those mars pics can be fake. Forget the Mojave desert, lets talk about the Atacama Desert, in Chile. Wanna see what I mean ? here a couple of pics, tell me if they don't look martian?

This one, just wait until the birds finish to pass and "click"....martian photo.

This other one, actually shows lots of rocks on the ground, like mars photos have too.

One more, imagine how would look a satellite pic of this area.

Of course, you'll need to wait for the sunset to get the "redish" sky too.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Quite simply, because Governments lie...all the time. About big things, little things, all things. NASA lies, they have even admitted to releasing staged pics.

The unquestioning believers are far more frightening than the skeptics.

They have huh? Show me the proof of this, or YOU are LYING.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join