It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Americanism and why

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

give a man a hundred dollars and take back 99....go do it tomorrow now I have 2. owe the rest of my made dollars because I had to have, right now. yeah I am a grump but out of the ashes arose the Phoenix, the Patriot, the who when the sun goes down and the door to his home closes out the nation, becomes an island.

reply to post by sonnny1

I dont have to love my government, but I sure love my Land!!!
edit on 11-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by trysts

No, you're actually missing the part where the U.S. government/military has murdered millions of people around the world, and actually plan to murder many more. You'll never be accused of being "too moralistic" if you don't understand how horrible murder, torture, rape, etc., is on a massive, continuous scale. In my view, there is something terribly wrong with someone who defends, in any way, what this government is doing to people around the world.

Again, is The United States the ONLY Country, involved in other countries internal struggles? Do we give the Hitlers, the Stalins, the Pol Pots of the Worlds, a free break, on Genocide, because the United States is an easier target? Have we forgotten the atrocities of China, and Russia, and Syria and Iran ?

Please, look at the definition, and outside the Box.

Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot are dead. Since I've been on this planet, the U.S. government has been the most brutal regime in the world. I'm not 80 years old.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

We are the eternal optimists. Annoying as hell sometimes, but a great friend when you need one.

And if you refuse to be our friends and open your doors on our command, weĺl roll into your country and smash your skulls into the ground.

I´m all for playing tit-for-tat

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

are you an American?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Have we forgotten the atrocities of China, and Russia, and Syria and Iran ?

Would you care to name some of these atrocities? Iḿ sure it will be very easy to match them with atrocities committed by the US.

Glad you agree that their are atrocities, being committed by These Nations also.

Now that we have that out of the way, WHY IS the United States, singled out ALWAYS? Why is the finger ALWAYS pointing at the United States ? Why the Anti-Americanism?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by trysts

are you an American?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Have we forgotten the atrocities of China, and Russia, and Syria and Iran ?

Would you care to name some of these atrocities? Iḿ sure it will be very easy to match them with atrocities committed by the US.

Glad you agree that their are atrocities, being committed by These Nations also.

Now that we have that out of the way, WHY IS the United States, singled out ALWAYS? Why is the finger ALWAYS pointing at the United States ? Why the Anti-Americanism?

And you wonder why you are singled out and hated, with an attitude like that?

Try answering the damn question.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot are dead. Since I've been on this planet, the U.S. government has been the most brutal regime in the world. I'm not 80 years old.

Thats your definition. As I stated, the definition of Anti-Americanism is this:

The term anti-Americanism, or anti-American sentiment, refers to opposition or hostility to the policies, culture, economics or international role of the United States. Common contemporary negative stereotypes of Americans include that Americans are: aggressive, arrogant, ignorant, imperialistic, know-it-alls, loudmouthed, militaristic, obsessed with making money rather than making friends, too moralistic, obnoxious, and that many Americans are overweight

What part of that definition, fits yours?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

US Americans always act like victims, as if the big bad world has just turned on them for no reason despite what they believe is continued acts of sheer benevolence. It´s sad for a number of reasons. Sad because you are so brainwashed to believe you are as good as you think you are, sad because you probably wont put in the time to research the many, many awful things that your country has done on order to find out why you are unpopular, and sad because this topic can never, ever be discussed without mudslinging.

This is coming from an individual that wishes that China would nuke America to dust.

Mud-slinging?

You forgot to mention Russia. It would be very sad if they were left out.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

And you wonder why you are singled out and hated, with an attitude like that?

Try answering the damn question.

Theres no attitude.

I asked questions also, that clearly get answered with "America is the most brutal nation on Earth". Last I checked, The United States is also the most giving Nation on Earth. But lets not pass judgement so quickly, because the negatives, out way the positives, in your eyes.....

Agree?

The United States can do NO RIGHT, Agree?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Words are invented whenever needed.

Why do you need to defend invasion and killing ?

Why do you support Democracised Imperialism ?

Are you paid by your govt ?

Or you love spitting blood ?

ETA , America is an industrialized country where have been run by democracy for decades.

But justification of wars and invasion is some thing that any human being will not accept.
edit on 11-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No, you're actually missing the part where the U.S. government/military has murdered millions of people around the world, and actually plan to murder many more. You'll never be accused of being "too moralistic" if you don't understand how horrible murder, torture, rape, etc., is on a massive, continuous scale. In my view, there is something terribly wrong with someone who defends, in any way, what this government is doing to people around the world.

Again, is The United States the ONLY Country, involved in other countries internal struggles? Do we give the Hitlers, the Stalins, the Pol Pots of the Worlds, a free break, on Genocide, because the United States is an easier target? Have we forgotten the atrocities of China, and Russia, and Syria and Iran ?

That is rich considering since ww2 the US has not once used the full force of its military NOT ONCE and seems some people have a twisted sense of morality and definition of brutal say like cutting peoples heads off or the punji sticks of the Viet cong, the rape of nan King, the bataan death marches and gas chambers, the mass executions in Bosnia etc.

and IEDS in Iraq and afhganistan, car bombs,truck bombs etc.

edit on 11-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"The only thing wrong with America is the idiots that run it."
-Homeless Joe

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Thats your definition. As I stated, the definition of Anti-Americanism is this:

The term anti-Americanism, or anti-American sentiment, refers to opposition or hostility to the policies, culture, economics or international role of the United States. Common contemporary negative stereotypes of Americans include that Americans are: aggressive, arrogant, ignorant, imperialistic, know-it-alls, loudmouthed, militaristic, obsessed with making money rather than making friends, too moralistic, obnoxious, and that many Americans are overweight

What part of that definition, fits yours?

I think the U.S. government is far and above the most brutal nation on earth today. This is why I speak against it. I don't see the point, nor your interest in reducing my thoughts on the matter to a 'which word bests describes your criticism of America in the above description', kind of thing?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

No...you are just part of the "GroupThink". Hence the problem.

If only people would accept each others as individuals and leave those who do not agree with them alone we may be a better people.

Maybe segeration does have it's place?

Let's put all the Racists, Radical gays, islamists, christians, etc, etc on some deserted island.

We'll be back in 20 years to pick up the survivors.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Hmmmm...

I Don't work for the Government, and I am highly critical of my Government. In Iran, you have to register sites like ATS, with the Ministry of art and culture, and get approval to chat on sites like this. I could ask you the same question, but I just gave you the FACTS on Irans Internet.

Second, I have never defended killing anyone.

I support the people of the United States, and the freedoms to actually ask these questions, I ask now. In other countries, such as Iran, there is no freedom to do this.

link   

Theres no attitude.

The twisting my words around? Thatś an attitude. It wasn´t hard to answer the question, you just don´t want to.

I asked questions also, that clearly get answered with "America is the most brutal nation on Earth".

Change the way your country operates if you don´t like that answer, thats about all I can say with regards to that point.

Last I checked, The United States is also the most giving Nation on Earth.

Wonderful, but it doesn´t excuse everything else.

But lets not pass judgement so quickly, because the negatives, out way the positives, in your eyes.....
Agree?

Absolutely. It´s ¨outweigh¨, for future reference

The United States can do NO RIGHT, Agree?

Seems that way to me, that, or you put the absolute minimum effort possible into doing right

link   
People are allowed to criticise the United States just as much as any country.

Criticise my country, criticise my post....it doesn't bother me.

Is it me or were you trying to equate Anti-Americanism with the Nazi's Anti-Semitism?
edit on 11/8/12 by Kram09 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

have you ever been off the North American continent ?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Hmmmm...

I Don't work for the Government, and I am highly critical of my Government. In Iran, you have to register sites like ATS, with the Ministry of art and culture, and get approval to chat on sites like this. I could ask you the same question, but I just gave you the FACTS on Irans Internet.

Second, I have never defended killing anyone.

I support the people of the United States, and the freedoms to actually ask these questions, I ask now. In other countries, such as Iran, there is no freedom to do this.

OUCH!

could that be considered the blow below the belt?

People hate being told the truth. It hurts their fellings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join