Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Anti-Americanism and why

page: 5
30
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by binkman
 


Wasn't aware I was Lyndon banes Johnson so I didn't lose anything. and Vietnam was a limited conflict because Johnson didn't want Russia to go nuclear since they were suppling the Viet Cong with weapons and Russian boots on the ground.

And the only people who "rewrite history" are leftists.
edit on 11-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


Yeah ok dude, given your painful lack of historical knowledge, I´take a bucketload of salt as I read your comments.

Leftists, and you.




posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Truth be told...if you were a actual history buff...the US kicked their butt. We didn't run. We pulled out because the American populace wanted it.


Oh right, thatś why Vietnam is a democracy now. Oh hang on, the north took over and now Vietnam is a communist state.

Why do you yanks love rewriting history?


Originally posted by TDawgRex
Who the hell is teaching you history? The cookie monster?


I love the fact that yanks have absolutely no understanding of Irony. It makes laughing at your collective ineptitude all the sweeter.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman
 


Yeah Yeah whatever


Vietnam War The concept of limited war was also used in the Vietnam War by the United States under Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson as part of a strategy to contain the spread of Communism without provoking a wider confrontation with the Soviet Union.


en.wikipedia.org...


A limited war is a conflict in which the belligerents participating in the war do not expend all of each of the participants' available resources at their disposal, whether human, industrial, agricultural, military, natural, technological, or otherwise in a specific conflict.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by binkman
 


Lets get this straight the left of that era cut and run from Vietanam the battles were won by America but like I said already the Us has not fought any "War" with its full military might since ww2 the micro managing of Johnson is the same thing with the micro managing and stupid rules of engagement that we current saw in Iraq and Afghanistan and the left true to form cut and ran from Iraq and sure the hell doesn't know what it doing it Afghanistan.


YOU LOST THE VIETNAM WAR. YOU WERE RUN OUT OF VIETNAM BY THE NORTH VIETNAMESE DESPITE BRINGING ALL OF YOUR MILITARY ¨MIGHT¨ TO BEAR.

Stop trying to rewrite history, it´s a disgusting trait you Americans have.


Originally posted by neo96
But that isn't the military's fault that is the asinine,stupid civilian leadership to get straight to the point the US military has never lost a war.


Your troops could not fight in the jungle.

Funny, because at the same time, this thing called the Malaysian Emergency was going on, picture if you will, the same scenario, but in Malaysia. Communist groups, looking to overthrow the government. Britain managed to succeed with less than half the number of troops the US had in less than half the time. And Malaysia remains a stable democracy, unlike the Communist state of Vietnam.


One word...and it is quite true.

Whateva.

You are apparently not a student of history.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

One word...and it is quite true.

Whateva.

You are apparently not a student of history.


Said by the man convinced his country won the Vietnamese war.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Obviously, Anti-Americanism, is still alive, and will never go away. As long as the detractors, continue to hide behind the fact, that they are willing players, in the definition, regardless on how they want to construe their views.....




posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Man oh man!

The hate rolling off these cyber pages is just astounding!

It must irritate the haters to no end when they receive medicines created by Americans.
When they use electronics, invented by Americans.
When they watch programmes created by Americans.
Enjoy movies by Americans.
Receive foreign aid given to them by American tax payers.


I hope it bothers them, but I doubt that it does. The haters would rather steal all that we've created, invented and use it to destroy us rather than look in appreciation.

I truely wonder if the hate isn't "envy-driven".




posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Yeah Yeah whatever



Yank number 2 says ¨Whatever¨ as well.

Note to all foreigners: whenever confronted with a painfully uneducated yet stupidly self assured yank, just tell them the truth, they can´t handle it.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Truth be told...if you were a actual history buff...the US kicked their butt. We didn't run. We pulled out because the American populace wanted it.


Oh right, thatś why Vietnam is a democracy now. Oh hang on, the north took over and now Vietnam is a communist state.

Why do you yanks love rewriting history?


Originally posted by TDawgRex
Who the hell is teaching you history? The cookie monster?


I love the fact that yanks have absolutely no understanding of Irony. It makes laughing at your collective ineptitude all the sweeter.


You do realize that Vietnam is actively courting US bases there...again. Don't you? They’re scared of China and are looking now for a possible protector.

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” Sound familiar?

And that they are realizing that the Marxist paradigm is not working as planned?

The North Vietnamese military leadership admitted that they could not take on the US even in a limited capacity, which the US actually fought.

If the US fought Vietnam as they did WW2, China would be scared [snip]less. Heck, history already shows that they already are.


Where's that collective now?



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman
 


Seems to me the only people who call Americans yanks are the ones who got their butts kicked by them,

Guess some people are still mad that a bunch of farmers kicked their butts back to England.
edit on 11-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by neo96

Yeah Yeah whatever



Yank number 2 says ¨Whatever¨ as well.

Note to all foreigners: whenever confronted with a painfully uneducated yet stupidly self assured yank, just tell them the truth, they can´t handle it.


Look into the mirror and know yourself well, but only do so if you are prepared, for you may be found wanting.

Keep buying the propaganda...we're open 24/7. Come again.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman
 


The NVA did not defeat the U.S. military, the NVA defeated the ARVN.

The U.S. decidedly won every substantial military engagement with either the NVA or its Vietcong proxy between 1965 and 1973.

The U.S. had been long gone for 2 years when Saigon fell.

It is impossible to take your point seriously if you don't understand the historical events you are trying to comment on.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Man oh man!

The hate rolling off these cyber pages is just astounding!

It must irritate the haters to no end when they receive medicines created by Americans.
When they use electronics, invented by Americans.
When they watch programmes created by Americans.
Enjoy movies by Americans.
Receive foreign aid given to them by American tax payers.


I hope it bothers them, but I doubt that it does. The haters would rather steal all that we've created, invented and use it to destroy us rather than look in appreciation.

I truely wonder if the hate isn't "envy-driven".



Mods...please flag if inappropriate.

But anywhos, I'll go there, just because that's who I am.

Maybe it’s penis envy? Or wallet envy or what have you?



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

You do realize that Vietnam is actively courting US bases there...again. Don't you? They’re scared of China and are looking now for a possible protector.


Not as scared of China as you lot are, how many threads are created along the lines of ¨the chinese are planning to invade us¨, many.


Originally posted by TDawgRex
“The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” Sound familiar?


Sums up my love for Iran perfectly.


Originally posted by TDawgRex
And that they are realizing that the Marxist paradigm is not working as planned?


And that is based on what exactly? Reasoned understanding of the internal politics of Vietnam, or what you think works best in this discussion to preserve your national image? I bet on the latter.


Originally posted by TDawgRex
The North Vietnamese military leadership admitted that they could not take on the US even in a limited capacity, which the US actually fought.


But they did, and they won. It´s like Russia stating they could never liberate the Abkhazia and South Ossetia republics a year after they comprehensively crushed Georgia.


Originally posted by TDawgRex
If the US fought Vietnam as they did WW2, China would be scared [snip]less. Heck, history already shows that they already are.


The US Dropped more bombs on South Asia than every participant in WW2 combined. Seems to me like you did try and fight them like you did in WW2. And you lost.

As for China, since they made most of the electronic chips in your hardware, can sneak up on your most advanced naval assets without being detected, and now can sink your beloved carriers from miles inland, I doubt they are even remotely phased by you. That, and they can just crush your economy to bankrupt you out of any conflict. But don ever let silly things like facts get in the way of tubthumping.


Originally posted by TDawgRex
Where's that collective now?


Still there and just as inept.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by binkman
 


Seems to me the only people who call Americans yanks are the ones who got their butts kicked by them,

Guess some people are still mad that a bunch of farmers kicked their butts back to England.
edit on 11-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


Why would we be mad? The state of your country, the suffering of your people and the eventual collapse of your economy will be worth the loss.

But hey, at least we can admit being defeated by farmers, maybe in 200 years time you will be able to admit your country was defeated by Vietnamese farmers.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by TDawgRex

One word...and it is quite true.

Whateva.

You are apparently not a student of history.


Said by the man convinced his country won the Vietnamese war.



Thank you for thinking for me. It makes life so more simple.

Ummm...it doesn't work that way.

We pulled out, so that chalks one up in the loss column.

By the way, how old are you? 15? This is all on the web and at the library. Do you EVER question your own beliefs?

If not, I wish that I was there when you woke up to reality.

That would be priceless.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman
 


200 years I will be dead but hey when is someone going to admit their own oh like how the sun never set on the British Empire and the problems of today were created by them?

Oh never.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'M CALLING IT!

Time out! Twweeeeet!

Binkman is some Poli-Sci Freshmen schmuck with no real world experiance and blathers his/her professors talking points from class. It's a experiment to push buttons to examine human internet behaviour.

Hence....Troll.

Well, played Binkman...well played.



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
reply to post by binkman
 


The NVA did not defeat the U.S. military, the NVA defeated the ARVN.

The U.S. decidedly won every substantial military engagement with either the NVA or its Vietcong proxy between 1965 and 1973.

The U.S. had been long gone for 2 years when Saigon fell.

It is impossible to take your point seriously if you don't understand the historical events you are trying to comment on.


I think you need to study some "Real History" and not US Propaganda :-

www.g2mil.com...

Why are Americans so easily lead with the rubbish they are told?





new topics

top topics



 
30
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join