It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Americanism and why

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If people really want to play semantics with brutal take a long look at Africa modern day and the last decade but then agian who really cares.

Bash America!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

stop jumping on band wagons and start walking down roads on your own 2 feet. then when you are 80 you can say you have met South Koreans, Germans, Iraqis Afghans South Vietnamese Grenadians, Colombians that do still thank American and its soldiers.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by binkman

First off didn't lose Vietnam secondly go take a look at evin prision section 209 hell take a look at any middle eastern or asian prision system or the russian gulag then get back to me.

You didn´t lose Vietnam? I like originality but it doesn´t work in an historical context. As for Asian prisons or gulags, they don´t seem to be much worse than US prisons.

I forgot bash America yada,yada, never mind stoning people that goes on today or burying them to their heads or caneing them, whipping them electric shock treatment etc.

Sure thing bud. You say electrical shocks, are you still the only country to strap people to chairs and fry their internal organs with excruciating bursts of thousands of volts?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There isnt a country out there that doesnt have some "anti" sentiment pointed at them from somewhere.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
reply to post by sonnny1

So hes a "Jew", and his credential don't count, cause hes "bias"..

Exactly! If Netanyahu wrote an article about the evils of Iran, don't you think it may be just a little tiny bit "bias?"..

This man isn't leading his Country, and to say its the same, is stretching it, BIG TIME. Its a Fallacy.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
There isnt a country out there that doesnt have some "anti" sentiment pointed at them from somewhere.

Lichtenstein. Tell me one thing the Lichtenstinians have done to deserve anti sentiments?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by trysts

But what about the rest of the governments around the world?

They're innocent?

Give me a break.

If you support them, well then, you are just as guilty as the rest of us are. Go look in a mirror.

None of the other governments around the world invade this country. This country invades other countries. You get it?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

well that explains it MY BAD!!!
Australia hummmm. did they ever run the misfits out of their country?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

Lets get this straight the politicians of that era cut and run from Vietanam the battles were won by America but like I said already the Us has not fought any "War" with its full military might since ww2 the micro managing of Johnson is the same thing with the micro managing and stupid rules of engagement that we currently see in Iraq and Afghanistan and the left true to form cut and ran from Iraq and sure the hell doesn't know what it doing it Afghanistan.

But that isn't the military's fault that is the asinine,stupid civilian leadership to get straight to the point the US military has never lost a war.

edit on 11-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Or Bad Karma,
for that matter!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

"since you been alive" what less than 20 years is my guess yep i can see why you don't want to put anything in to historical context gets in the way of that dogma.

America is evil etc never mind people came running to the US asked for help or anything else the fact remains out of all the countries out there in the world the US has less blood on their hands compared to most but then again the anti ameircanism people just don't want to hear anything else.

Since I have been alive I have seen the Iran hostage crisis,gulf war 1,2,Bosnia,Somalia,the falklands,the rise of democracy in China only to be met with tanks, the Tibetan massacres etc.

But hey who cares.

People just hate the "Big Boy" on the block. Yea, he has the best intentions, but truth be told, they are flawed.

"The road to hell is paved with the best intentions." comes to mind.

Almost every Country was a Empire at one time or another and they all hate on that entity.

But I ask, like you.

What would the world do without the US in the event of a major natural disaster? I think that the actions of the US speaks for themselves.

We are probably the worlds first actual good guys. flawed, yes, but good overall.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by trysts

But what about the rest of the governments around the world?

They're innocent?

Give me a break.

If you support them, well then, you are just as guilty as the rest of us are. Go look in a mirror.

None of the other governments around the world invade this country. This country invades other countries. You get it?

I dare them.

ETA: Heck, I double dawg dare them!
edit on 11-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Nah we are Willian Munny murder of women and children and kitteh's etc.

What they would do?

Cry why didn't we do something.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by trysts

stop jumping on band wagons and start walking down roads on your own 2 feet. then when you are 80 you can say you have met South Koreans, Germans, Iraqis Afghans South Vietnamese Grenadians, Colombians that do still thank American and its soldiers.

American soldiers should be ashamed of themselves. That a human being can be so manipulated by a government to murder children is beyond my understanding.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Not yet. Still a few more yanks/misfits to get rid of.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: added vid

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

Lets get this straight the left of that era cut and run from Vietanam the battles were won by America but like I said already the Us has not fought any "War" with its full military might since ww2 the micro managing of Johnson is the same thing with the micro managing and stupid rules of engagement that we current saw in Iraq and Afghanistan and the left true to form cut and ran from Iraq and sure the hell doesn't know what it doing it Afghanistan.

YOU LOST THE VIETNAM WAR. YOU WERE RUN OUT OF VIETNAM BY THE NORTH VIETNAMESE DESPITE BRINGING ALL OF YOUR MILITARY ¨MIGHT¨ TO BEAR.

Stop trying to rewrite history, it´s a disgusting trait you Americans have.

But that isn't the military's fault that is the asinine,stupid civilian leadership to get straight to the point the US military has never lost a war.

Your troops could not fight in the jungle.

Funny, because at the same time, this thing called the Malaysian Emergency was going on, picture if you will, the same scenario, but in Malaysia. Communist groups, looking to overthrow the government. Britain managed to succeed with less than half the number of troops the US had in less than half the time. And Malaysia remains a stable democracy, unlike the Communist state of Vietnam.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

Exactly! I've done that and have yet to kill a one. Traveled the globe for thirty years in the Military.

But to be truthful, I'm to young to have met a South Virtnamese, but I have met many Vietnamese in my life.

Many of those I have met I call friends.

He/She has probably never left their county.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

reply to post by sonnny1

Not yet. Still a few more yanks/misfits to get rid of.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

Don't throw me in the ocean! Please!

I like y'all....I really do!

Glub...glub...crap.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

Wasn't aware I was Lyndon banes Johnson so I didn't lose anything. and Vietnam was a limited conflict because Johnson didn't want Russia to go nuclear since they were suppling the Viet Cong with weapons and Russian boots on the ground.

And the only people who "rewrite history" are leftists.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

reply to post by binkman

YOU LOST THE VIETNAM WAR. YOU WERE RUN OUT OF VIETNAM BY THE NORTH VIETNAMESE DESPITE BRINGING ALL OF YOUR MILITARY ¨MIGHT¨ TO BEAR.

Stop trying to rewrite history, it´s a disgusting trait you Americans have.

Truth be told...if you were a actual history buff...the US kicked their butt. We didn't run. We pulled out because the American populace wanted it.

Who the hell is teaching you history? The cookie monster?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join