It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a camera that takes 1 trillion frames per second

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Nice video. Thanks for posting
edit on 12-8-2012 by manbitesdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

That is probably the most awesome thing I have ever seen

A bullet of light in slow motion...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Frickin Awesome, Thanks OP, I want one too.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wait a minute.

If the shutter speed on this thing is traveling at way past the speed of light to capture the video, doesn't that mean the speed of light itself is not the universal speed limit as thought before?

Of course I don't know that this even uses shutters.. probably not.. but it raises questions for implications not thought of in this thread yet.

Watch the video. If they can do this and adapt this technology to do other Faster Than Light things then we very well could have Warp Speed, Transporter technology, Hand held laser guns even travel to and through other dimensions.

On the Bad side, we already have every camera in the USA getting it's data recorded at a central database, ( Big Brother, Echelon www.abovetopsecret.com...) Just think what this will do for the Powers That Be's ability to spy on YOU and zap you with a laser or guided bullet. They will be able to track Everyone, Everywhere. This technology for these reasons are why you will never hear of this again. The government will keep exploit and bury it to the eyes of the masses - until it's too late.
edit on 12-8-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Wait a minute.

If the shutter speed on this thing is traveling at way past the speed of light to capture the video, doesn't that mean the speed of light itself is not the universal speed limit as thought before?

Of course I don't know that this even uses shutters.. probably not.. but it raises questions for implications not thought of in this thread yet.

Watch the video. If they can do this and adapt this technology to do other Faster Than Light things then we very well could have Warp Speed, Transporter technology, Hand held laser guns even travel to and through other dimensions.

Did most of you simply not watch the video? Or do the majority of you have short attention spans prohibiting you from understanding what the guy explains??? The camera doesn't capture a single event! Thus the shutter speed is not "faster than the speed of light" for god sakes! He shines the light for a split second again and again and again. The camera captures parts of each event until it has captured enough frames to piece together what one single event most likely would look like. Even under the most synchronized fashion, however, you still are not viewing a single event! So this doesn't have a lot of the real world implications/practical use that a bunch of you are talking about.... i.e. flashes in the sky, etc Any single event that happens that fast will remain mysterious for a long time. Events that can be REPLICATED, however, will be able to be broken down into trillions of frames for analyzation. But again, a video of a single bullet at trillions of frame per second would take more than a year to view. So, cool technology yes, but it has a FAR ways to go. So please people, start understanding that this is NOT one event that was captured but several (actually, millions) that were then pieced together.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Spartacus217 because: and by several events, i mean MILLIONS, which he says in the video

edit on 12-8-2012 by Spartacus217 because: edit

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartacus217

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Wait a minute.

Did most of you simply not watch the video? Or do the majority of you have short attention spans prohibiting you from understanding what the guy explains??? The camera doesn't capture a single event! Thus the shutter speed is not "faster than the speed of light" for god sakes! He shines the light for a split second again and again and again. The camera captures parts of each event until it has captured enough frames to piece together what one single event most likely would look like. Even under the most synchronized fashion, however, you still are not viewing a single event! So this doesn't have a lot of the real world implications/practical use that a bunch of you are talking about.... i.e. flashes in the sky, etc Any single event that happens that fast will remain mysterious for a long time. Events that can be REPLICATED, however, will be able to be broken down into trillions of frames for analyzation. But again, a video of a single bullet at trillions of frame per second would take more than a year to view. So, cool technology yes, but it has a FAR ways to go. So please people, start understanding that this is NOT one event that was captured but several that were then pieced together.

Yes, I watched the video and did post the opening to my post before I finished the video.. as stated, I doubted it actually used a shutter like we think of them. It matters not if this is a single event or trillions of events analyzed and put in sync by a computer, the end result is the same. See my addition about the use of the Gov to exploit this. Besides, no camera captures a single event but captures frames per second (mostly). This camera operates no different than normal camera in that respect, it just uses a different methodology to get the results.

Also he does say all the data is open sourced on the website, but I doubt that will last once the Gov realizes the implications of this technology. ATS fans better be diligent in recording all this data for prosperities sake before that happens.

The MIT site is Here: web.media.mit.edu...

I see lots of photos and videos and an abstract but I don't find the links for the hard science that is supposed to be "Open Sourced" If someone can show me, I'd be grateful.. otherwise the Gov got to them already.... Yes there are references and an FAQ but I believe these are watered down for public consumption.

I want specs of all equipment used and their computer systems, hardware, operating systems, additional software, diagrams on how this whole system is put together and used with trouble shooting guide as in kit form so anyone with the money can replicate these things. I'm not finding that on the website. That's what I call Open Sourced.. anything less is a Big Lie, nothing is really open sourced here.
edit on 12-8-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartacus217

Did most of you simply not watch the video?

Did some months ago.

So this doesn't have a lot of the real world implications/practical use that a bunch of you are talking about.... i.e. flashes in the sky, etc

I figure that the technology would have *advanced* from over a year ago. Stuff like this usually does...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Amazing!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this video. I love how they make all the work open source! Can't wait to see what this type of tech will come from this.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
interesting, thanks for the link

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I wonder how many SD cards i would need?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Ok I am an amateur photographer and have to say that was bloody mindblowing. Seeing round corners, guess who would be interested in that sort of technology. Still incredible stuff.

Very nice find.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thank You, that was very intriging. I love new technology. flagged Thx

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

VERY COOL OP
nice presentation.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This technology can be used in caves and sea caves to MAP if not on MARS tunnels. A high power version COULD map the universe
very interesting to see this technology here.
edit on 8/16/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Amazing!! Thank you Op!

Then what is light?
Sun light, electric light?

SNC

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join