It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dawn 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just came across an article that describes the plot line of the upcoming remake of the epic classic 'Red Dawn'.....the invading force is....the North Koreans??? Are they serious? How could they do this to me? It should have been the Russians, or the Chinese, or even terrorists via Mexico. Unfortunately, I can't find a trailer for it yet. If If I find one I'll post it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
I just came across an article that describes the plot line of the upcoming remake of the epic classic 'Red Dawn'.....the invading force is....the North Koreans??? Are they serious? How could they do this to me? It should have been the Russians, or the Chinese, or even terrorists via Mexico. Unfortunately, I can't find a trailer for it yet. If If I find one I'll post it.

yeah, i know, lame!

they made the bad guy North Korea because this movie will be seen in the over seas market. Guess whos the largest overseas market. CHINA.... hahaha
So they switched it up so there move would not be banned in china

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
At least they are going to attempt a remake of it. I think that it would be good to seee how they portray and invasion of the US. I am sure it will have to be much different than before considreing the advancements of the military. I still think that coming up through the southern border into New Mexico and Arizona is the most plausible point of invasion, especially considering the lack of a real government in the nation to the south as well as the lack of security at the border in these two states. As far as who they pick as the invading army, I don't think it matters who the movie says it is, we all have our own ideas as to which nations would carry out such an act. I am looing foward to the movie.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's the trailer... ca.ign.com...

Not a bad looking movie I should say

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I read that it was originally the Chinese that attacked, but China cried foul and the makers of the movie had to spend some untold million(s) to change the movie up to make them happy.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

Thanks for the link...I gotta admit, it looks badass

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
OMG! The North Koreans????? Are they using their cardboard rockets????

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
North Korea is just one facet of the new boogeyman. The American people need to feel they are hated, and surrounded on all sides. We must be afraid, very very afraid, so we feel justified in giving up more and more freedoms for the illusion of "safety" and "security".

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

'Nah... everyone knows that Hollywood changed the game from Chinese to N.K. due to potential loss of $ by pissing off a very large chunk of people that would otherwise pay to see the movie.

In any case, no threat aside from alien or zombie comes close to the US/Soviet era with regards to the "go-to" bad guys, these days. This is the best they could do. I think an updated version of the movie will probably be action packed, but definitely won't be the same...

Anyone note that all Hollywood does these days are remakes? Sigh...

ETA: just watched the trailer - Connor Cruise? Good god...

edit on 10-8-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Looks like a good action movie.

Too bad they ruined it with the whole North Korean angle. I can suspend belief to believe in superheroes and aliens but, North Koreans invading the US is stretching the imagination WAY too far.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Just think of China instead of North Korea
That is more realistic to me atleast

I personally cant wait for this!!

Thanksgiving is release

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Looks awful.

Typical American macho, propaganda bull. American audiences will lap it up. Those ridiculous tag lines about "freedom."

It's not even plausible in the slightest.

Each to their own, but I certainly won't be watching this dross.
edit on 11/8/12 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
LMAO at gun lobby propaganda films ...right on cue!

A bunch of gun toting hee-haws taking on an invading force with the potency to enter American land space...?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The North Koreans probably have the world's hardest shock troops.

North Korea doesn't have enough economic strength to operate an army overseas, so there must be a set-up situation.

Like, the Russians, Europeans, and Chinese feel that The US has too much debt, arrogance, military force, freedom, and too many natural reasources. The NWO can't ignore us-- so they let or help North Korea attack "alone" to ruin what's left of our economy.

Any war in the future will really be reposession of collateral from the debtor by the creditor.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

humm looks like an ok film i will still see it simply because i like destructive action films
The only problem is the casting choices

edit on 12-8-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It was pretty lame that it was changed from the Red Chinese to the North Koreans....even the former Soviet Russians would have been OK (reminiscent of the "cold war"). North Korea couldnt even beat South Korea.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Does Charlie Sheen get a cameo role?
"Wolverines!"

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Yea you have to mentally substitute Chinese for North Koreans...even giving the DPRK a secret plasma weapon doesnt get past the credulity test.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Perhaps "north koreans" is meant to convey "chinese" - but indirectly, since to say China outright would be a tad improper, inasmuch as it highly plausible.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
reply to post by FortAnthem

Just think of China instead of North Korea
That is more realistic to me atleast

I personally cant wait for this!!

Thanksgiving is release

Really can't especially when the move says Comedy.(wut?). I can still however, think it would be the Russians.

top topics

join