It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman removed after outburst during James Holmes' court appearance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

I'm questioning why his parents haven't gotten lawyers for him. They seem wealthy enough...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CinnamonHearts

The media sensationalizing their stories is not a strange occurrence in the least. They do it all the time in attempts to attract attention to their articles, all part of marketing and sales. The media has also been known to obscure certain people's personal information, for legal reasons or in the event of protecting a victim's identity -- they'd use false names for example. If this woman was suffering from some psychological condition, perhaps they'd be sensitive to not making her personal information public knowledge?
edit on 12-8-2012 by namine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The difference between being illuminated and being illuminati is the illuminated is infinitely more powerful than the illuminati.

It will become apparent soon enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinnamonHearts

I'm questioning why his parents haven't gotten lawyers for him. They seem wealthy enough...

They are prob scared and have been PROMIS'd everything will be ok:
)ts a game
I

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

Since when has the media cared about a person's mental state or about crossing the line? They rip people over the coals on a day to day basis. The media coverage of this case is TOTALLY against the norm. They really HAVEN'T been sensationalizing anything (aside from stories posted at the very beginning of the case) because they are barely covering it. If they really were into sensationalizing this particular case, this Allison woman would have been plastered all over the place...media outlets would be fighting tooth and nail for an interview with her (or anyone who knows her), regardless of her mental state. It's not as if that's stopped them before.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by namine

Since when has the media cared about a person's mental state or about crossing the line? They rip people over the coals on a day to day basis. The media coverage of this case is TOTALLY against the norm. They really HAVEN'T been sensationalizing anything (aside from stories posted at the very beginning of the case) because they are barely covering it. If they really were into sensationalizing this particular case, this Allison woman would have been plastered all over the place...media outlets would be fighting tooth and nail for an interview with her (or anyone who knows her), regardless of her mental state. It's not as if that's stopped them before.

When Britney Spears shaved her head and acted crazy, the media was all over it. Everybody wanted to help the poor stressed-out Britney. Evidently, this young woman in the courthouse will just be ridiculed and cast aside. BTW, what is the head-shaving thing about?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

Yeah.. I know I know.
Sometimes theorists make the "rabbit hole" impossibly deep. I am interested in his supposed two room mates. I don't know if that was an invention of theorists or not, but did they exist? Was he buying this stuff while they lived with him. They are the conspiracy fuel theorists are using saying they were handlers etc. It makes the theories seem.. slightly less outrageous, but they are pretty out there.

I don't know it's interesting. I think most of the time conspiracy theorists are just making their world more interesting in the same manner that ghost hunters do, y'know?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This entire case has fallen off of the MSM radar. Olympics, election crap, Syria and other foreign news(that is always the same) has taken over. There is a somewhat natural lull in the case at this point in time because charges have now been made and it is likely weeks or months before significant trial dates occur -- the judge sealing this case made it even more insignificant.

By the time anything happens people will just subconsciously say "oh yeah, that crazy guy who shot up the theater. Good thing they found him guilty." "This has affected my stance on guns by x or y"

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm not sure you understand what sensationalizing means. By suggesting the media are trying to manipulate the public into thinking she's a nutcase, you are implying they've sensationalized the facts. The media can be vulturous but there are examples where they've had reason to refrain from presenting certain information about a person. Obviously stories pertaining to popular celebrities do not typically fall into this category, because their status makes every little thing they do a matter of public interest, and the media shows little concern in feeding off of everything they can.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I'm not sure what to make of the whole room mate argument either to be honest. I think there's certainly an element of making one's world more interesting.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Just seems odd. I don't have Cable anymore so I get all of my information from the internet. I've found no articles by MSM that mention anything about his parents, beyond what they do for a living, and even that, I don't think they've been completely forthright.
edit on 12-8-2012 by CinnamonHearts because: Needed to change a word.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

True, it is pretty difficult to understand why they wouldn't...

They certainly are trying to stay as far away from the situation as possible.

I think they will always know more than what they let other people think they know.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I do understand the parents staying away from the media. I always think it's odd when family members involved in high profile cases go on the media rounds. The thing I don't understand though, is the media not doing any stories on his parents, even speculative pieces...as they normally do.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Most people, even on ATS, are content with labeling him crazy, as a random individual who snaps out of nowhere for no reason and they move on to more pleasant things.

Any speculation about his parents would entail unearthing certain facts and inexplicable details that would more than likely disturb people and challenge the basic assumptions being made...

This is why there is no 'push' so to speak.

You know how it is when people don't want a rude awakening..

Just between you and me... The most disturbing detail one would learn through talking with his parents is this: that he was normal by every estimation. That he was your average American young adult, only he was smarter than most people and more well rounded. He had a great start in life and his future was bright... until utter evil and chaos... This would scare people the most because it turns the universe upside down - that a normal person, even an exceptional person could do the unthinkable - and then your average 'good' American starts to look like the enemy... It is better to call him crazy and leave it at that.
edit on 12-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

True, I guess it's the easier thing to do...bury their heads in the sand.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There is little sense of attempting to speak to the court from the public gallery in a court room.

It is difficult enough for the participants to have their say.

Surely there must be another way to be heard... if she has information of value.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
reply to post by morefiber

If she is a lawyer it is actually more likely that she knows more about the world of law than you do...

And hence, her reasons for doing what she did can't rightfully be critiqued by us..

There are many reasons she could have for not propagating the information through the media.
edit on 10-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

Yup, she understands the game, the pieces in place, and the evidence she has will not be allowed. This move was more for the public. To smear the "justice" system and prove it's faux agenda.

She wants us to speculate.... and she wants us to all stand up and do the same.

When I think of the red dress.... I think of the little girl wearing a red dress in a black'n'white world, Schindler's List.

We all should stand up and scream when it's not appropriate. If we appear sane in these times our captors are at ease.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This woman should absolutely be questioned and her evidence should be thoroughly investigated. Once it's determined that he's not actually "possessed" or "controlled by aliens" they need to send this woman on a nice long, relaxing vacation.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This whole incident is rather bizarre.

Wonder if this woman is who she said she was?
Maybe the reason the MSM hasn't pursued her is because she isn't the person she stated in the court room?
They may well have checked her out and found out that she was just an attention seeker?

Of course there's also....."or maybe not"...

edit on 13-8-2012 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Janadele

It sounded to me like she had already tried to the get the information to the defense team through other means. She said she "tried to deliver information vital to the defense..." Maybe she was in a desperate position for whatever reason. My gut's telling me that the defense isn't even on the up and up in this case. I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist of any kind, but this case has me doubting everything!
edit on 13-8-2012 by CinnamonHearts because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by CinnamonHearts because: spacing!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join