It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sol 3's images just in. All in glorious colour!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Come on guys! They will show us nothing! These are pictures of Tatooine from the George Lucas archive.

Everyone reading this should be smart enough to know that we are not part of the "Informed Circle"

NASA is solely for our entertainment.

The Real space exploration program is not NASA. And WE will NEVER know it's real name!

Much less it's findings.

The Elite have always held Knowledge of such things "Sacred", for thousands of years.

We only learn of "new" things when it is considered old/ trash by the elite.

Sorry but I'm a Realist. So let's be REAL here and stop diluting ourselves, as if we are part of the informed.

Because WE are NOT!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ReAwakened

Oh. That sucks.

Well given your insight, I think I will look to expand my own understanding through side show bob, aka NASA and their endeavours. It's not likely we are going to find out the "REAL" truth, so might as well get what knowledge I can eh?
edit on 10-8-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So if you are a realist you will be able to support your claims with evidence

- I am not seeing any of that... Evidence

Is that because you are also part of the so called elites? Shrouded in secrecy, talking in riddles.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You could be right, but...There's some explaining. like all those people at NASA (The control room that watched the landing) None of them were the elite and most of them appeared to believe the landing was real. Not to mention that with thousands of people working on this project there would have to be a few whistleblowers by now. I think we did land there.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

So if you are a realist you will be able to support your claims with evidence

- I am not seeing any of that... Evidence

Is that because you are also part of the so called elites? Shrouded in secrecy, talking in riddles.

I don''t know...Why shouldn't we believe "Random Internet Guy", even if he doesn't have any evidence?

I mean, who needs evidence when it is much more exciting to blindly believe in "cool conspiracy theories" that we read here on the interwebs, rather than the boring mundane mainstream version of the story?

edit on 8/10/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Indeed. The thing is, most of these guys don't have a theory at all. How can you be a conspiracy theorist without a theory? They just turn up in threads (usually around the 20 post mark may I add), a spout a load of claims without any evidence.

I think we need a new term to differentiate between theorists and 'others'. They kind of remind me of those guys you meet in a bar sometimes. You know the ones, sat there on their own, blind drunk, mustering all the logic they can, putting out their crazy opinions of how to set the world to rights.

Conspiracy Drunks? I'm sure someone can think of a better description.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Awesome pics, Way to go Nasa!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just a couple of thoughts statements.

First off, I am not so sure I buy the "volcanic" nature of the peak in the center of Gale crater. Here is a picture of Gale:
www.redorbit.com...

The peak to the south of the red dot is Mount Sharp.

This is a picture of an impact crater on the Moon. Tycho to be precise:
upload.wikimedia.org...

Notice the same peaked structure in the center?

This is the Herchel crater on Mimas:
images.astronet.ru...

Again, the same peaked structure in the center of the impact crater.

What I believe we are seeing with Mt Sharp, is the resulting uplift that can happen when you have an impact that occurs at a 90 degree angle to the ground level. IE: falling straight down, with little to no side angle.

While I do think that it is more than worthwhile to examine this feature, I do not think it will yield what most are thinking it will. The resulting peak is there because of super heated and melted/homogenized rock. This will be quite a bit different than the original strata IMO.

The crater walls on the other hand, those will yield great finds, as the strata will be virtually untouched except by a thin layer of glassene and or dirt that has accumulated over the years.

I cannot wait to see more pictures and data. I think they will find some spectacular things. And with all of the red rock... oxidation takes one thing that they say is rare on Mars.... Oxygen. It will be interesting to see what is found in the ground

Danno

edit on 8/10/2012 by MoparDanno because: syntax

edit on 8/10/2012 by MoparDanno because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

So in the past, this place was volcanically active, probably with geezers and such close by.

Where did you get this from? Old Man In The Moon, maybe, but...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MoparDanno

Thanks for adding something worthwhile to the thread!

I'm not sure the peaks are quite the same, and the moons have not had the same ecological conditions that Mars has. Still time will tell, can't wait for the discoveries!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ReallyNiceGuy

Should say possibly, my bad.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

I can't give you the "EVIDENCE" I don't have it. But i KNOW.

Like the Matrix " How can you prove LOVE exists? Where is your evidence? You only KNOW you feel love, and nobody can tell you otherwise!

Just as most of us "know" that our Government's are just puppets, and that the real power lies in the shadows.

So why would we think anything else would be different? Being that they control "everything else"?

Where is the REAL EVIDENCE to support any of the BIG Questions?

GOD,Ghosts,UFO's, Aliens, Afterlife, etc.

In fact without the state sponsored T.V. "TELL LIE VISION" most of us wouldn't even have a concept of such things!

Except for first hand experience which is far fewer than what is repeated and perpetuated by TELL LIE VISION.

Some people still believe sports (games) are real, and that the billions of dollars it accumulates is somehow left on an even playing field! (no pun intended)

Country's are destroyed for less than what is at stake on superbowl sunday!

And were supposed to believe it's all on the up and up?

We need to Wake Up and concentrate on the BIG PICTURE.

And stop behaving like children in a room full of smoke and mirrors.

Coming out to cheer for their antics, (elections,space shuttle launches, games, etc.) just seals our fate!

This is not meant to be depressing! Knowledge is power! We need to grow up and take the blinders off.

And take responsibility before our lives and our children's lives have no more value in this world.

Evidence? I'm sorry but we'll never get it. Not in this lifetime. Maybe the next!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Now, now.
That the U.S. Gov't lies, manipulates, torture and kill people we know and there is proper evidence.
That the MSL mission is hoaxed somehow I haven't seen any evidence at all.
Let's not be black and white, please.
And the fact that someone believes something as true DOES NOT mean he believes EVERYTHING as true, ok?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I noticed below the pics on NASA's site there is a "full resolution" option. When i click it, the pic stays the same size but just open in a new tab. Are the photos seriously the size of a 90's flip phone pic? If so, you would think with billions of dollars invested in this, they could at least get a better camera on the damn thing, and maybe give us some more views of what the actual land looks like at a distance, rather than uploading like 100 pics of the ground. just my two cents

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereAreWe7
I noticed below the pics on NASA's site there is a "full resolution" option. When i click it, the pic stays the same size but just open in a new tab. Are the photos seriously the size of a 90's flip phone pic? If so, you would think with billions of dollars invested in this, they could at least get a better camera on the damn thing, and maybe give us some more views of what the actual land looks like at a distance, rather than uploading like 100 pics of the ground. just my two cents

Because we only received the thumbnails of the 3rd Sol pics, so you are seeing the full resolution of the thumbnails.
I know, it's frustrating.
But go back to sol 2 (i think) and you'll see full versions of the Navcams images (which are still low-res, the hot ones will be the full images from sol 3 and forward)
Be patient my friend and READ, your eyes and brain are amongst your most powerful tools

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth
reply to post by DjangoPhat

Whether or not it was planned out before hand. The way the information is released and how, is slowly diffusing the shooting. I am sure I have read it in a psychology book in high-school, I believe it is called Classical conditioning. Now I could be wrong, admitting right now. I will look at it while at work but it will take a little bit.

Classical Conditioning

i think the only person it is distracting from the shooting, is you.

we are in this thread because we want to discuss the curiosity mars mission.

here try this link.

ask.abovetopsecret.com...

type in aurora shooting or sikh shooting.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ok I'll bite.

Using your own logic, I KNOW NASA is telling the truth, and all that they say should be taken as 'gospel'. I don't need any evidence for this, I just know, just like you can't prove that love exists, you know it does.

So tell me how your argument is better than mine, using your logic?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I am not saying that it didn't happen. What i am saying is that anything they tell us about, is miniscule and / or false in comparison to what is really going on. And that NASA is the the same as the NBA or NFL.

There for our entertainment/entrainment.

People that witnessed now DE-classified technology 50 years ago assumed they were seeing otherworldly technology.

They were just out of the loop.

As are we.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Ok I'll bite.

Using your own logic, I KNOW NASA is telling the truth, and all that they say should be taken as 'gospel'. I don't need any evidence for this, I just know, just like you can't prove that love exists, you know it does.

So tell me how your argument is better than mine, using your logic?

Because my friend, we both KNOW, you don't believe that!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

That is not the point. The point is, if you take what people believe to be the truth, then truth becomes subjective to peoples beliefs.

Some people believe that Jews are evil and should be wiped from the Earth. So is that truth? Without evidence?

Some people believe that it is ok to treat children in ways that they have not and cannot consent to. Is that truth?

If truth is belief, how can there be law and order?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join