It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a man and his 19 year old dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Link

They say a dog is a man's best friend, but to John Unger, a Wisconsin resident, his dog, Schoep, means everything. Unger adopted Schoep, named after the famous Wisconsin ice cream, when he was just a puppy, and the two have been together ever since. Now, at 19 years old, Schoep has arthritis and has trouble sleeping, the Pioneer Press reports. Unger found that water is therapeutic for his pained buddy, so he takes Schoep into Lake Superior and lulls him to sleep.

This picture is receiving a lot of hits, and every time I see it it brings a tear to my eye. Being a dog owner myself I understand that special bond we have with our 4 legged friends. The trust the dog has in its owner is amazing, to fall asleep on the water like that.

I don't know if it has been posted on here or not, but I wanted to share this photo with you all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing such a heartwarming story. Especially for us dog owners who love our dogs as much as if they were one of us

I shed a few tears cause I miss my dogs who are no longer with me

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I wish ATS had more posts like this one. Heart warming posts truly help to counter so much of the negative.

S&F for you. Thank you for your time in posting.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
To me that image shows trust, two creatures that trust each other entirely.

Had to put down a 17year old lab a year or so ago, one of the saddest days of my life.

One man, one dog, one Facebook photo that has touched thousands of hearts

Posted here btw.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
I wish ATS had more posts like this one. Heart warming posts truly help to counter so much of the negative.

S&F for you. Thank you for your time in posting.

Agree big time...

And is it a bad thing, that I would put it on the line for my dog before a fellow human being..?

Hope not, 'cause that's how I feel.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Such a beautiful photograph...it says so much...the love and trust. The beauty of unconditional love.

What I think is really awesome too...is the fact that people are donating money...so that Schoep can get laser treatments for his arthritis.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

And is it a bad thing, that I would put it on the line for my dog before a fellow human being..?

Hope not, 'cause that's how I feel.

Many people have said it's a bad or stupid thing, but I wouldn't hesitate to put it on the line for my dog.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I wish humans could be like that. it's impossible for humans to have unconditional love, for all love among humans is conditional, no matter how small the conditions are.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This made me miss my dog that died a few months back, spent 15 years growing up with her since i was a kid. Definitely wasn't a pretty purebred dog like that, it was some mangy mutt i had to beg my siblings and parents to get at the pound instead of a puppy, hahah.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I just put Twister asleep at 17. My best friend every day.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Already a thread ...

Searching is free ... It's actually even on the New Topics Page!!!
cool...so what did you get from stating this??? you people who probly only go round looking for peoples mistakes need to get a life, you remind me of the nerdy kids at school ffs

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

A young man once said that a photo can speak a thousand words...

I can see more than a thousand words in this one.

unconditional love, compassion, empathy, happiness and laughter are a few that come to mind.

Beautiful story, I miss my german shepherd ever so much after reading this thread.

Dogs have always had such a profound influence on human behaviour - i think its fascinating.

Thank you for sharing.

Peace

edit on 10/8/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
My border collie is 9 years old this december and if i have to wheel him about in a wheelchair or carry him when he is that age i will lol
That s a beautiful picture and i hope his dog lives a lot longer.
It is true as they are part of the family in every way.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think we take our dogs Love and friendship for granted sometimes , I wake up every morning to my jack Russell,s face staring at me ! And I swear it's like he's smiling !

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

What a beautiful off topic pic. Lovely man to do that for his pet. I miss my dogs too......want another......thank you for posting.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Can't look at it without sobbing...
Urgh, started again...Silly sentimental old tart.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
People that get that build that kind of bond with animals are just awesome to be able to do that. I hope one day humans and animals can live side by side not as pets but as family

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Extremely moving, ty

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Picture of the Year!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join