It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Mayor to Demolish UN Humanitarian Agency Emergency Shelter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Woah meow.

I probably deserve a meow too, but at least I'll understand it!

I would really like to see a two state solution personally. I just got a bad taste in my mouth with some of what was being said. I believe you did too. I'll stay on topic,

You're right, it is hard to have a chat about this and not have it devolve.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I guess I don't envy your role as a moderator (especially in this forum
)...

For my part I feel that the type of name calling such as calling Jews 'barbaric' or 'animals' has any place here at ATS.

This thread is the very poster child of anti-semitic.

Obviously, you don't have a problem with it...

You're the moderator, you apparently do what you want.

Me, I'm just embarassed that this thread is on the front page.
edit on 9-8-2012 by golemina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

There's a difference between calling a practice barbaric and calling a whole group of people barbaric.

And disagreeing with the actions of a government, does not equate to anti-semitism, this is a lesson a lot of Israeli supporters seem to forget.

I can't moderate a thread I've partipated in and if you, or any other member feel that any post is out of line, please alert it, a group of staff will review and take the appropriate actions.

I agree there is much hatred on both sides, I don't like it any more than you do.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

There's a difference between calling a practice barbaric and calling a whole group of people barbaric. And disagreeing with the actions of a government, does not equate to anti-semitism, this is a lesson a lot of Israeli supporters seem to forget.

Well I certainly agree with that. I do believe it goes the other way quite often as well. I know it wasn't directed at me but you made a good point.

Now more on topic, do you think it makes sense for these shelters to be built where homes were bulldozed for not having the requisite permits? I mean it does from a 'where the hell else would you put them' standpoint, but it also seems a little contrived.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If that's the law, then it's the law, so go ahead and do what you are legally allowed to do.

I just think it's poor taste that's all. It will initiate an emotional response from those who argue that Palestinians aren't treated properly, they won't really care for the facts, they just see another reason the Israeli government is bad.

~Tenth
edit on 8/9/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

link   

Maybe you should set the example of how things SHOULD be at ATS.

Are you really hanging leaving the anti-semitic posts up on the razors edge of somehow distinguishing between 'Zionists' and 'Jews'.

Again... Wow!

link   
I'm a proud anti-semite.

Is there such thing as being an "Anti-semitism" ? [color=grey]Give me a break

edit on 9-8-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think some of you are forgetting or ignoring the fact that these people's homes were bulldozed or destroyed, then the UN (as much as I think they are a farce) builds them a humanitarian shelter. So the mayor says he doesn't like it and decides to destroy the shelter. This is genocide, please excuse me if it generates emotion but anyone with logic and compassion can see that this is wrong.

Then the Israeli government decides they will not allow an international fact finding mission in to investigate incidents exactly like this one which means it's common for Palestinians to be displaced via bulldozers, arson, and of course air strikes (GAZA).

There is no being on the fence on this issue, if you support this or are on the fence you are supporting genocide and Apartheid. Yes, there are some extremists on both sides who give a bad name to the good people from each side, but there is an obvious good guy and bad guy in this situation. I will let you all figure it out on your own.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
A little time to ponder humans

Despite sharing a national identity, the Palestinian people are parceled into differential categories along geographical, socioeconomic, humanitarian, political and civilian lines determined by Israel: Palestinians holding Israeli citizenship, residents of East Jerusalem, those living in the West Bank, those in the Gaza Strip, and the refugees. In this seventh illustration in a series of infographics on Palestinian civilian life under occupation, see the divisions that dictate Palestinian existence.

Divide and conquer

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Don't like it? Alt + F4.

We won't miss you.

It's one thing to bulldoze homes, which are structures.

It's another thing entirely to bulldoze temporary trailers being used as shelter.

This is just another crisis caused by the Israeli government's pompous attitude. I look forward to the day Israel no longer exists.

NOTE: I have no issue with people of Jewish faith, just the atrocities done in Israel's name.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iIuminaIi

Great map, thank you for sharing

This simple illustration you provided explains a lot if looked into properly.

It's just not right what they are doing in Israel.

And the Zionists get mad when we compare their state to Apartheid South Africa...
edit on 9-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: removed extra thumbs up

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Your welcome bro. The illustration was made by a jewish activist.

There's more

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Talk about your anti-semitic rants!

Are you guys saying that the rules don't need to be followed?

Show me any western country where you can build without a permit.

Some of you sound like experts in the field of Judaism.

Maybe you could help me to understand why the Arabs won't allow the Jews to pray at the Temple Mount?

Hmmm....

You can't bulldoze somebody else's home with or without a permit either......... So you're saying the rules don't need to be followed?

If it weren't for Israel, there wouldn't BE a need for a damn shelter... get off their n**s
edit on 9-8-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iIuminaIi

I would like to know who this activist is so I can follow their work. This one illustration alone left me impressed.

Cheers bro.

To add something on topic, the fact finding missions aren't allowed in most these places on your map when they actually are allowed to visit.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sure brother.

972mag.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
nothing wrong with what Israel is doing. It's their land, the palestinians are the occupiers if they want to put houses up then they should move to their palestinian state of Jordan. Israel was given to the jews by God thousands of years ago. In my opinion either the palestinians assimilate or they need to leave. It's not their land.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
nothing wrong with what Israel is doing. It's their land, the palestinians are the occupiers if they want to put houses up then they should move to their palestinian state of Jordan. Israel was given to the jews by God thousands of years ago. In my opinion either the palestinians assimilate or they need to leave. It's not their land.

The Tooth Fairy said I can have your country therefore I own it and you are the occupier, I hereby give you 24 hours notice before I show up with my machine guns and bulldozers.

Or does that only work for Israel?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb

I think you forgot your /sarcasm tag...

If not, then here's the /completeidiot tag.....

If only the "israelis" today weren't of russian decent right.......

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by geobro

we gave them the land maybe we should TAKE IT BACK
boycott isra hell produce coz there worth it

I agree, especially on the boycott part.

I also agree on the taking the land back, but that would cause a lot of problems. All these problems could have been avoided by the illegitimate state of Israel never being formed in the first place. Now we have Palestinians having their homes bulldozed only to have their temporary relief shelters to be destroyed as well.

Israel commits various crimes against humanity but consider themselves immune to criticizm from the world community but also believe they have the right to point the finger at any country they disagree with. They even go as far that they ask other countries to join them in their quest for Middle Eastern domination, but whatever we do DON'T CRITICIZE ISRAEL!

Nothing more needs to be said.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
you goym are not people you are animals thats what the zionists think of us look up blacks law 1933 def of a human being > a beast that is not fit to own property end quote .we gave them the land maybe we should TAKE IT BACK
boycott isra hell produce coz there worth it

As I understand it, the Knights Templar came up with the label "human being" to describe the offspring they fathered while going around killing (and raping) people. They didn't want those children to have rights to their property at any point, so they didn't consider them human. They said you were just acting or "being human" but not really human. That way, they legally didn't have to give you anything.

Credit goes to Jordan Maxwell for that information. (I always like to give credit where it's due.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join