It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Mayor to Demolish UN Humanitarian Agency Emergency Shelter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Another day in Apartheid Israel...

Israeli Mayor of occupied Jerusalem, Nir Bakat, approved the demolition of two structures built by the United Nations (UN) as temporary emergency shelter for Palestinian families after Israel demolished their homes.

Israel strongly condemned the erection of the emergency shelters in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Beit Hanina. Israel accused the UN of overstepping its bounds and asserted that the trailer homes are illegal and should be demolished according to reports in the Israeli dailies Ha’aretz and The Jerusalem Post as well as the Palestine News Network.

Maxwell Gaylard, the UN Humanitarian Coordinator for the Occupied Palestinian Territories defended the agencies actions as emergency humanitarian assistance provided when the Palestinian families turned to the UN agency for help.

Gaylard echoed the concerns of other human rights groups in the area and noted that Palestinians in East Jerusalem apply for housing permits but do not receive them. He added, “Where else could we put [the shelters]? We are helping the Palestinians on land that is theirs. Beit Hanina is occupied Palestinian territory.”

Other officials at the agency noted that they did not require a permit for building because in addition to being build on Palestinian land, they are only an emergency solution, are not connected to utilities, and do not have foundations.

"Where are your permits" say the Zionists, just like their Nazi counterparts, they should be ashamed.

So they bulldoze their homes then want to tear down the shelter. What a total joke, and they call themselves the only democracy in the Middle East. Where is the democracy because I sure can't see it.

The shelters have the UN agency’s logo on them along with the flags of the donor countries of Great Britain, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Spain, The Netherlands and Ireland. Israeli officials claimed that the flags were only there to embarrass Israel in these countries as it destroys their donations.

If Israel is embarrassed by people outside of its borders watching as they demolish emergency housing for families, perhaps they should reassess their decision to do so.

Embarrassed?

They should be!

Link

This happens as Israel will not cooperate with UN settlements probe. I don't blame them for not cooperating, the world is finally waking up to the Apartheid state of Israel and it's actions. The last thing they want is more people waking up to this nightmare state we call Israel.

I'm so pissed off right now, not only do they bulldoze their homes, but they also bulldoze their shelters. This is absolutely disgusting.

Rant over /

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It's absolutely disgusting the way the Israeli Govt. pressurize Palestinians like this. Once they get their boot on the back of your neck, they just keep stomping until something bursts.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
you goym are not people you are animals thats what the zionists think of us look up blacks law 1933 def of a human being > a beast that is not fit to own property end quote .we gave them the land maybe we should TAKE IT BACK
boycott isra hell produce coz there worth it

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

we gave them the land maybe we should TAKE IT BACK
boycott isra hell produce coz there worth it

I agree, especially on the boycott part.

I also agree on the taking the land back, but that would cause a lot of problems. All these problems could have been avoided by the illegitimate state of Israel never being formed in the first place. Now we have Palestinians having their homes bulldozed only to have their temporary relief shelters to be destroyed as well.

Israel commits various crimes against humanity but consider themselves immune to criticizm from the world community but also believe they have the right to point the finger at any country they disagree with. They even go as far that they ask other countries to join them in their quest for Middle Eastern domination, but whatever we do DON'T CRITICIZE ISRAEL!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

jewish autonomous oblast but shhh its a secret

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

S&F

These barbaric animals the zionist seems unstoppable. Ethnic cleansing for "a land without people for people without land" has stimulated a recent israeli attack on palestinian people. The zionist dreams have incited a global campaign to raise awareness of the mounting conflict in the middle east, promoting filipino vindication of age-old regret.

edit on 9-8-2012 by DrWh0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thanks for posting brother

S&F

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Talk about your anti-semitic rants!

Are you guys saying that the rules don't need to be followed?

Show me any western country where you can build without a permit.

Some of you sound like experts in the field of Judaism.

Maybe you could help me to understand why the Arabs won't allow the Jews to pray at the Temple Mount?

Hmmm....

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Eagerly awaiting the anti-semitism brigade to come in and claim they're traumatized by you posting 'bad things' about their beloved Israel.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Ah let's all take a deep breath.

I can disagree with the Jewish Government all I want, but I certainly won't start proclaiming all jewish folk zionist and whatever else I've read here.

This is kind of deplorable, but then again, they are carrying on a genocide, so what do you expect?

Man the Israeli Government really needs to be removed. I wonder how long it will be until the real protests start in Israel when the average citizen wake up and realize the blood being spilled in their names.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/9/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
Eagerly awaiting the anti-semitism brigade to come in and claim they're traumatized by you posting 'bad things' about their beloved Israel.

Looks like the post right above you beat you to the punch

They show up on every thread that points out Israel's short comings.

Anti Semite he called the OP

The Palestinians are the true Semites and THAT'S A FACT!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I'm so pissed off right now, not only do they bulldoze their homes, but they also bulldoze their shelters. This is absolutely disgusting.

Maybe if they were building where they were allowed they wouldn't get bulldozed.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Maybe if they were building where they were allowed they wouldn't get bulldozed.

Funny how only the one side needs the permit though...

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Did the part about only "1 side" being allowed such a basic human right as praying is allowed at the Temple Mount get by you...

I notice you kinda skipped that part.

edit on 9-8-2012 by golemina because: English challenged!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I highly doubt an Israeli could throw up shanties without proper permitting.

Listen I'm not a fan of Israeli policies generally, but bulldozing illegal shacks is not high on the list of the awful things being done.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by golemina

I"m not going to allow this thread to devolve into a pissing contest between who has more rights.

Considering the Palestinians live in an open aired prison, that they aren't allowed out of...I'd say they are worse off than Israelis.

In any case, the Israeli government has the power to make all of this ok, and they refuse to do so, because, in my opinion, do not want a two state solution, they do not want peace with Palestinians, they want them gone.

They simply want them gone, and much like my country did with it's citizens it did not want ( Canada & aboriginals) they figured killing them all was the easiest way of going about it.

At least that's what their actions have shown.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Wow!

Maybe you could help me out...

I was somehow under the impression that moderators weren't supposed to participate in the forums they moderated...

Especially when they have such a blatant bias.

Did I get that wrong?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I"m not going to allow this thread to devolve into a pissing contest between who has more rights.

Oh...

Funny how only the one side needs the permit though...

I just don't see how you it even makes sense to build shelters in the same place where homes were demolished for not having permits. It just seems like it was engineered to provoke reaction.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Maybe if their original homes weren't bulldozed in the first place we would not have this humanitarian crisis.

It's a simple concept to grasp if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Woah meow.

I wasn't moderating anything, I simply stated I would not personally engage in making the thread veer off topic as we were all engaging in.

I wasn't at all attempting to moderate a thread I was participating in. I apologize if my comments were taken for something other than they were intended.

I've added the appropriate tags so there's no more confusion.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join