It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local GOP County Chair, Compares Obama Supporter To Someone 'Mentally Retarded'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The only people really offended by this remark were the folks
on the Special Olympics Bowling Team.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Indigo5

Same diff man. All blown out of proportion. But this is news? Next up, "Maine man says 'I don't care about the morons that argue on the internet'". Did I just insult morons? And no, I'm not dissing either morons or the handicapped. Just making a point on the ridiculousness of not only this thread but the political system.

That was an intellectual "burp" of a response. It didn't answer any of my questions...I am begining to see why OutKast opted to not engage in discussion with you?

"Same diff man"
President Obama made an off-the-cuff, non-scripted remark about "special olympics" during a talk show interview and did so in the context of being self-depricating about his bowling skills. Apropriately ...he apologized.

This individual made a SCRIPTED remark/joke about the "Mentally Retarded"...for POLTICAL purposes (likening them to Obama supporters) at a GOP event.

Yes...the man apologized...I respect that and agree that an apology was waranted. DO YOU?

Is that a valid question to ask?

Whether there is a theme amongst the GOP Base where lack of empathy or regard for others suffering, or disregard for those different from them?
...is that a sentiment that is exploited, rewarded and encouraged amongst the GOP base?

Is that perhaps why this speaker chose to include it in his speech?? SCRIPTED??

Is that the same theme as "LET EM DIE!!!" as shouted at the GOP debates when talking about the uninsured??? THe same rhetoric that emboldened HCR Protestors to mock and harass a cripled veteran??

Is that the same sentiment behind much of the rhetoric eminating from the current GOP ranks??? An appeal to social darwinism??

Those are valid questions and you are welcome to answer with any opinion or argument you have.

But to dismiss the questions rather than answer them???

That appears to be a particularly cowardly response on a discussion forum....could be wrong...still waiting for an answer.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Supporting either republicans or democrats is a sign of mental deficiency to be sure. If you believe anyone that identifies themselves as such has the best interests of all our citizens at heart you are severely mistaken, and have likely not spent any time thinking about what actually constitutes a "good" or "heroic" person.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

I wish I could drown your post with stars. ATS though is flooded with those who think one side is better than the other and not a different face on the same coin.

I could not agree more those who think one side is better than the other and sides with Rep. or Dem. sure has some sort of mental illness.

Raist

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just received this in an email. I don't know if they are all true or not but if only 1/4 are true, then I think this would support the arguement.

First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.

First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.

First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States

First President to violate the War Powers Act.

First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.

First President to spend a trillion dollars on 'shovel-ready' jobs when there was no such thing as 'shovel-ready' jobs.

First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.

First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.

First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.

First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.

First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.

First President to terminate America 's ability to put a man in space.

First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.

First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.

First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.

First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases.

First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.

First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).

First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.

First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).

First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-Corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.

First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.

First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.

First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 102 to date.

First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.

First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.

First President to go on multiple global “apology tours” and concurrent “insult our friends” tours.

First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayer.

First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.

First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.

First President to repeat the Holy Quran & tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.

First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences”. Then he was the first President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.

First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states (Mexico vs. Arizona).

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
www.huffingtonpost.com...

A long-time Pennsylvania GOP official reportedly earned a warm reception Tuesday for comparing a supporter of President Obama to someone who is "mentally retarded."

I think this is pretty disgusting if you ask me. I'm just curious what right leaning people on ATS think about comments like this.

"I was in this parking lot and there was a man looking for a space to park, and I found a space for him. And I felt badly -- he looked like he was sort of in distress. And I said, 'Sir, here's a place.' And he said, 'That's a handicapped space.' I said, 'Oh, I'm so sorry, I saw that Obama sticker and I thought you were mentally retarded.'"

Post-Gazette reporter Tim McNulty observed that the crowd "hollered and clapped" in response to the insensitive joke.

So he got laughs and applause from making a comment like this. What does this do for our country? Does this help to bring people together...or does it just give some GOP supporters an excuse to hate on other people because that is what the leaders of the party are doing themselves???

I know there are some here who probably think that this is no big deal, or that it doesn't incite others to be hateful to those who have different political ideologies than others, so I am interested to hear what people think about it.

Do we think we will hear Republicans condemn this type of rhetoric???

Seriously you need to realize that the democratic has been hijacked by the progressives.
There is no democracy in the democratic party. Do I feel bad about it no...I kinda agree you gotta be retarded to support Obama. Just sayin.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think the OP and Nite_wing above have hit the nail right on the head.

Oh BTW, just saying.
edit on 9-8-2012 by morethanyou because: Just saying Im >u

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm sure this man would have said the same thing about someone with a Romney bumper sticker... if they existed.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It is bad enough that the crooked politicians from BOTH PARTIES are spewing hate to divide us and divert our attention, without "We the People" allowing ourselves into being drawn into it.

This topic is meaningless in fact. It only speaks to the one person.

I'm personally sickened by the behavior of both Parties. "United We Stand" is not just a cool catch phrase, it's vital to a healthy country and good future.

Partisans are the problem. Groupies who allow themselves to be used by the confidence persons we currently and sadly have in Office have always enabled them to control us.

As long as partisans can be so easily manipulated, the bad guys will continue to win.

There are good and bad people in both Parties and good and bad idea's in both Platforms.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

If you have to vote for a black person to convince others/yourself that you are not racist....that probably means they are.

Incredibly moronic sign.

edit on 9-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It is inexcuseable that any politician would use a mental handicap in such a derogatory way. Didn't Sarah Palin go off on this?

That being said I have to say I feel the same level of revulsion when those on the left blame every one of society's ills on the dreaded "white males". There are plenty of white males who have NOTHING to do with whats going on, just guys working paycheck to paycheck trying to survive like everybody else. But it seems like they want to imply that white males are the only racial group with money and power in the country. If anyone identifies a group by race for ANY reason in the media, they are usually branded a racist, but this seems to get a free pass.Granted there are and have been white males of privilege in our history and still are. But they are a very small subset of white males in the US. Most people nowadays are wage slaves and color has very little to do with it. To brandish an entire group of people as the bad guys is absolutely racist. There is hate on both sides of the isle definitely.
edit on 9-8-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Now I want to know what you said

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Where does this guy get off claiming that Obama supporters are mentally retarded? The mentally handicapped are much smarter than that, proven by science in having still their millions of brain cells, and contribute to society in many different ways. Obama and Romney supporters don't have even 2 brain cells to rub together.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have to question the mentality of someone who would vote for a senator, not even two years in the making to become the president of the USA. Especially one who had questionable ethics on his senate election, ties with the likes of Bill Ayers, Acorn, a questionable birth certificate, and who plays golf way too damn much! Call it a sign. And now, we have 100 million on public assistance, which doesn't include medicare or medicaid. The total nanny state is here and SOMEBODY voted for him. I would really like to hear from the gal's who thought he would pay their mortgage, college and gas. Must be a real bummer! Oh wait, we the tax payors ARE paying for their mortgage, college and gas. Guess he got those right. I wish someone would pay for mine!
edit on 9-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I just received this in an email. I don't know if they are all true or not but if only 1/4 are true, then I think this would support the arguement.

First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.

First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.

First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States

First President to violate the War Powers Act.

First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.

First President to spend a trillion dollars on 'shovel-ready' jobs when there was no such thing as 'shovel-ready' jobs.

First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.

First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.

First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.

First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.

First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.

First President to terminate America 's ability to put a man in space.

First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.

First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.

First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.

First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases.

First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.

First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).

First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.

First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).

First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-Corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.

First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.

First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.

First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 102 to date.

First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.

First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.

First President to go on multiple global “apology tours” and concurrent “insult our friends” tours.

First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayer.

First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.

First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.

First President to repeat the Holy Quran & tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.

First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences”. Then he was the first President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.

First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states (Mexico vs. Arizona).

I wish I could drown your post with stars. ATS though is flooded with those who think one side is better than the other and not a different face on the same coin. And then some of us can see the real evil. There are some things you can overcome....and some things you can't. Why let the worst preside? Who would be the easiest to overthrow?

edit on 9-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Propulsion

If you have to vote for a black person to convince others/yourself that you are not racist....that probably means they are.

Incredibly moronic sign.

edit on 9-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Actually, I didn't vote for that person (or as you call them), because I did not have faith the person could do a good job.

Low and behold, I was right.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think that is incredibly disrespectful of the mentally disabled.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join