It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alien Deception

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

It amazes me that someone can believe that extraterrestrial life exists on our planet without an iota of evidence. Now who is being deceived again?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Why are the aliens/ET's/demons here? What is their agenda?

The real question is why are we here and what is our agenda. We are the new kids on the block. This earth and this solar system has been populated for eons! They were here before us, with us now and will be here after we are no more!

We live under a veil, and are for the most part unaware of their presence. But If one is so inclined, they can be invited to participate in our reality. They are not demons, and most certainly do have a great deal of love for us. Twice they saved my life. (long stories)

I was "taken" several times, when I was around 8 years old, in the early 1960's, before people talked of such things. I had no fear but was rather excited and awed by the experiences. They, my hosts, took me to the moon, and I also met a man in a metal ship behind the moon. I was taken to Saturn, which is a busy hub and metropolis, and I went to Pluto.

I was never probed or had any DNA taken from me. I was treated with respect and kindness. All my questions were answered. These beings are NOT demons.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have seen a real "spaceship".. I have yet to talk about it on ATS, but it certainly wasn't a ball of light. Now, were aliens behind the wheel? Well, that remains to be seen.

However, my views on e.t. lifeforms, and religion are not related.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by MisterFister103

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

This just in; the earth is flat because the Bible says so.

It's like Tommy Lee Jones says in Men In Black. 'A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.'

Just because the Bible talks about all this deception, and Satan, and 7 headed monsters coming out of the ocean, doesn't mean any of it is true. You have been deceived by a book that was written by hundreds of men, and edited by hundreds more, all spaced apart by hundreds of years. If that stuff was written now, it would be laughed at as the fiction it is (L. Ron Hubbard).

If you are going to attempt to belittle an entire religious group, at least be accurate in your statements. There is not one single place that the Bible states the world is flat. Seriously, where do people get such ideas??

Hmmmmm.....maybe where the Bible mentions the four corners of the earth?!?!?!?!?!?!

Does four corners not refer to a flat surface? Understand the Lord's word. If God says the earth is flat, then Goddammit the earth is flat.

That is a joke, right? Believe it or not, the earth was known to be round way back when, the four corners thing is a turn of phrase used even today.

Oh, I well know that - that was the point I was arguing! There are some people that want to pretend the Bible calls the earth "flat", and I pointed out that isn't true, or even historically accurate. Totally agree with you on this one!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Can you show me one example of a true man of God? Also as far as calling out to Jesus it is only if the person who calls out believes that Jesus can help them from being abducted. Otherwise calling out anyone or thing will do. If a person is strong enough they themselves could tell them no.

I really did not understand the first part of your attack I mean post, you do not understand my point.

You want a living example, or historical ones? There are many men throughout history that have done quite a lot in the service of God.

Current? Well, Billy Graham has spent his life telling people the Gospel. The singer, Carman (who is really nice in person, and very talented!) has devoted his life to his Christian music career, forgoing even getting married to better serve. I had the opportunity to speak briefly to him, and he's a very caring, very committed Christian man. I would call him a man of God. I have known some men, too, that are very devoted, spending time and money serving others in His name. Plenty of women, too.

Attack? I certainly didn't intend anything as such, and apologize if something came off that way. What is it you didn't understand? Or think I didn't understand? Sure we can clear up any confusion.

As for calling on just anyone, I have seen no evidence, nor heard any testimony from abductees, indicating that to be the case. I have seen and heard from those that called on Jesus, though, and were safe. Do you have such examples? I don't study this topic as much as some do.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
*snip*
Well, actually there are some who have done a scientific investigation. though, I doubt it would be to anyone's likeing, nor would it be accepted.

I have been a "Western Ceremonial Magician" for around 40 years, so I do in fact have lots of exirence and data in these areas. I also am fairly telepathic; and, contrary to what anyone wants to accept, I have had the oportunity to "talk" with, and meet (in person) some of the species that are generating all of this.

And, guess what! None of them are demons! None of them are "dimensional". They are simply people who have had the misfortune to be born on another world....not unlike myself.

These arguents; that ETs are demons, are exactaly the same as the arguments of not so long ago about Black People. You know, at one time, Blacks were an "inferior race" to all the Whites. The lacked the ability to learn among other things, and, I' sure there were lenty of religous / Bible base arguments in favor of the idea. Over time you have learned that it simly wasn't so, and B;acks are equal in al respects to any other color.

You also need to understand that "demonizing" the enemy is the first things any culture must do for its own protection (or so some would think). Thus making it a reaction of "prejudice" rather than any kind of "thought out" hyothesis.

If there are such scientific investigations, why not share them? People dislike a lot of research that is shared and revealed. Good researchers should not fear having their work seen. If it is solid, then it can be duplicated and verified. There is so much controversy, and so many questions, in this field, any good research should be welcomed.

When you say "Western Ceremonial Magician", do you mean like a stage magician, or something else? Not familiar with that term. I certainly will not discount telepathic contact (rather hard to in my family, but that's another matter...), but it could be difficult with any telepathic contact to verify the identity of a person/entity you didn't know personally, and well, could it not? Is there any reason to think that such being s would be any more honest than people? That they could not lie or deceive?

In person? VERY interested to hear your accounts of those meetings. Do you have any evidence? Yes, understand that isn't always possible, but it can help others to believe the stories. Are those you have met like us, or are there differences? Do they appear like us if they wish, and if so, why? How did someone from another world happen to be born on this one, and how could such a thing remain undercover for any length of time? I am not saying it isn't factual (or that it is); I am simply looking for clarification. Certainly, there could be actual extraterrestrials, as well as demons. One doesn't preclude the other.

'"demonizing" the enemy' is an interesting choice of phrasing. It implies that they are an enemy for some reason. Certainly, there are plenty of abduction cases in which people claim to have been harmed, and to experience evil acts done to them. I knew such a person. Calling something like those demons isn't making them "inferior", either, as demons are fallen angels, and angels are a form of creation above human beings. Demons have far more power than we do, and it's only through Jesus that we can combat them.

Can you tell us more about yourself, and your origins, and those that you have met? Most encounters people share are frightening, and I have heard very few that were not.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

*snip*
Hmmmmm.....maybe where the Bible mentions the four corners of the earth?!?!?!?!?!?!

Does four corners not refer to a flat surface? Understand the Lord's word. If God says the earth is flat, then Goddammit the earth is flat.

So, a phrase that is used today, by people that in no way think the earth is flat, somehow can ONLY mean that in the Bible? Really, you are stretching on this one, as more than one person has pointed out to you.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

"Alright, so you disagree with the Bible. That's your prerogative. However, when things in the Bible match with things happening regarding so-called "aliens", and you ignore that, well, that isn't very logical. At the least, some recognition should be given."

Well not Really, I think its pretty likely that a lot of the parts in the bible that speak of "rings of fire in the sky" or the classic "wheels within wheels" are simply ancient man misunderstanding what they are seeing. They see something they can't explain, they try to explain it in whichever way they can.
So no this shouldn't help the bibles case at all. the apparent "UFO" encounters in the bible surely challenge the books validity and help prove that a lot of its been lost in translation.

Or, perhaps such things show that beings like angels and demons appear in such fashions, and explain the UFO reports of today. That could work either way.

Certainly, such descriptions of something so different from us are not proof that parts of the Bible are missing or misinterpreted. Things people didn't understand are simply described in language that they could comprehend. Nothing in Ezekiel's encounter speaks of beings from some other planet, and to assume it does is jumping to conclusions.

If these are demons, as many believe, then they could manifest in such a fashion.

As a side note, I will share what my younger son once said to me. I was playing The Sims 2 one day, and running this "nerdy" character. I had placed a sci-fi poster on one of his walls, of a typical "alien" head shot, and when my son saw it, he asked me why the guy had a demon picture. I had not discussed this topic with him, either. He, as a young child, simply saw that as a demon. Kids know things.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

" if you are going to attempt to belittle an entire religious group, at least be accurate in your statements. There is not one single place that the Bible states the world is flat. Seriously, where do people get such ideas?"
We criticise the religion not the followers, stop being so touchy.

At the time of "Jesus" it was common knowledge that the world was flat.
Now where in the bible does it say its round?

No, it was NOT "common knowledge", as has already been pointed out to you. Seriously, drop this nonsense, or at the least do some actual research into what people knew and when.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

*snip*
Like I said before, us "non believers" prefer not to believe anything or anyone who claim to know everything.
Leaving every possibility open, not counting out your Christian views. I've considered them, I was bought up in a Christian family.
The thing is all we do as humans is learn. The bible I think is a pretty good description of what we knew at the time which is why I don't think its relevant today.

Of course, we only think we know. Most things we "learn" get proven wrong.
Which means we have to get it all wrong first to learn anything at all.

People that choose to believe in aliens from other planets have far less evidence than to Bible-believing Christians, so that is faith-based as well. Same for evolution, etc.

Leaving every possibility open is a good thing. I haven't discounted the possibility of other sorts of people from other worlds. I just don't think that is what is responsible for most of the encounters people are having. I think those are demonic. One doesn't preclude the other. As I stated before, "The People" books are some of my all-time favorite. Heck, when I dream, "lifting" is SO easy. Still, the abduction stuff, and all the fear and experimentation and whatnot is most likely demonic, not "alien". Though, by strict definition, a demon would be "extraterrestrial" in nature. They were not created for this earth. And, you have to admit, a LOT of those encounters are far from friendly.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Yeah to be fair the bible doesn't really say much about it, theres just as much hinting its round in there as there is the flat idea
Guess everyone had their own opinion or just didn't really think about it in those days.

Really, I think most people didn't care one way or the other. Explorers, traders, and scientific types surely did, and probably the leaders interested in conquest, but the average person, in those days, would not have been affected by the issue. Certainly, there isn't enough in the Bible to make an issue of that point.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cocotutch
GOD DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does too.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

My brain tells me that people should stop posting threads acting like they know the secrets of the universe when they dont know any more than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Any person with brains could clearly see the deception behind these so called E.T's. or Space Brothers.

Calling anyone who doesn't agree with you brainless is not a clever why to put forward a theory.

I didn't say you had to agree, just use your brain.

If you actually used your brain you would conclude that you don't know what ETs are, where they are from or what they want. That's the most you, or anyone else, could or should conclude, logically. We have limited information that does not allow an honest, blanket conclusion to be drawn about them. You certainly can't say they are demons. First, that's a fear-based reaction by someone who doesn't understand and doesn't want to think very hard. If it's strange, it must be demonic. Ignorance at its finest. You can't say that they all run when hearing the name "Jesus" either. Some of them just laugh, or turn to their co-worker and mumble and then resume their work. Others completely ignore it as if they didn't hear what was said. Those that do run and leave could very well be attempting to support the abductee's belief system and are not in fact afraid of anything.

The severely limited reasoning ability of dogmatic religious people has always been a problem and likely always will be. Fear empowers religion more than anything, and the unknown is fertile ground on which to grow more fear and ignorance.

BTW, if your Jesus (I do not believe he ever existed) were to ever "come back", he should ask US for our forgiveness for his failure to live up to his reputation as a loving god. He has a lot of explaining to do, such as why he allows innocents to suffer for thousands of years while he sits on his f@#$@@$ throne feeding off of our fear, pain and mis-placed love. You can bow to that dysfunctional attention-monger, but I won't.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I guess we got off on the wrong foot, however it may remain there because the Billy G. example you gave to me is an example of an evil man. It may be a matter of perception so no use fighting over religiosity with me. Too much money funneled, root of all evil and such, too many pooooor giving when they should be receiving, and I do not mean the type of people with their hands out for charity.

There are vast resources of people who have called on other masters for aid against ET. Jesus is just one of the individuals on this planet who became enlightened. Later as it always happens, religions are created around them and their real message as teachers and masters gets twisted and abused.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It amazes me how easily the people are deceived these days, they will pretty much believe anything they are told...

These beings are real, whether people want to believe it or not is up to them. ...

Typical Christian hypocrisy. I guess you don't see it, because you believe the Bible so much that you can't seperate the Bible from actual e.g. scientific knowledge.

Time to wake up and smell reality. Did it ever occur to you that maybe folks 2000 years ago saw balls of light, and being unscientific people, they all went: Uuuuuhhh, what is that, it musyt be the devil!!!
2000 years later, you still believe the same thing: uuuuuuhh, I don't understand it, so it must be the devil. That is pretty laughable to me, sorry.

Imo, noone knows what those balls of light are. Some of them are surely natural electric charges of some kind, others seem to be under sentient control. Whatever they are, I don't think anyone really knows.

If you believe it's 'the devil', be aware that is purely a matter of belief. Why should I subscribe to that?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer
Imo, noone knows what those balls of light are. Some of them are surely natural electric charges of some kind, others seem to be under sentient control. Whatever they are, I don't think anyone really knows.

If you believe it's 'the devil', be aware that is purely a matter of belief. Why should I subscribe to that?

It's a puzzle that's for sure, but if they are sentient beings then two facts suggest themselves as clues.

One being the tremendous facility they have for being and remaining secret. Ominously so.

The other is the facility the phenomenon has shown for manipulating public perception and creating new "belief systems."

Those two issues do present a jumping off place that might suggest the possibility of an answer.

Admittedly, no one--on any side o' the fence--has a "hard-science" answer, nor do I think one is forthcoming. But we do have quite a number of circumstantial clues spread throughout the written history of humankind.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's sad to read so much venom and attacks on Christians for expressing their beliefs. No one knows what the alien agenda is, true. We are reporting what we've been told. Jesus told us there would be great signs and wonders seen in the sky in the end times. We were warned to watch out for the great deception that would be so great, it could fool even the most devout believer. There can be no greater deception than alien beings masquerading as our creators. We are simply being cautious.

Most of what we have on either side of the debate is anecdotal evidence. Video has helped put more evidence on the plate of the UFO debate, but to date, the aliens have not announced themselves to the world. Today, people are dying and visiting Heaven and Hell, and coming back to tell about it. Their stories are practically in the same category as UFO sightings. I don't think anyone will be taking a video to Heaven or Hell though. That Jesus was real, is not in question. There is more evidence of His life than anyone who lived in His time period, and that is despite the fact that the Romans and Jewish leaders systematically tried to erase Him from the historical record. That He rose from the dead and reigns as Lord of All, is a question of faith. I chose to believe. I pray you will as well one day. He owes me no apology, and I will not put my faith in the creatures preforming horrendous acts, but in the Loving God telling us not to. Satan owns this world. Take your beef up with him. Just please, remember Jesus. There may come a time in your existence when He will be your only hope. Remember this.

It also seems to me that it is human folly to believe that what we are seeing in the sky now as alien can only be described in terms of a physical universe. I've seen a few UFO's; the best being 4 silver orbs during daylight hours. There was no visible means of propulsion or aerodynamic lift. They simply moved across the treetops in formation. Can anyone say for fact that they were craft? Perhaps they were entities themselves. Just because they had silver tones to their color, does not make it metal. I do not know what they were.

It's very true we tend to describe things in terms of our cultural understanding. Because we understand science now, we assume that all things in the universe are of science. The ancients described things in terms of spiritual maters because they were spiritual. Neither description implies right or wrong interpretation. It is quite possible that the ancients knew them better than us. If some of the evidence of alien visitations is true, then the ancients may have already had face to face encounters with these beings, and learned what they really were, and what their true nature and intent is. Maybe the Maya knew too much. Be careful.

edit on 10-8-2012 by MRSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MRSeeker

It's sad to read so much venom and attacks on Christians for expressing their beliefs.

It's sad to read so much venom and attacks by Christians for Muslims expressing their beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join