It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans will go after Obama's College Records:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Ok, how ’bout this?
Why not get them both to bring their documents and records and present them to the American public during their first live televised Presidential debate?

The birthers would just claim that they were forged.... like they have when Obama released his birth certificates!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Funny. Every 4 years the American people get to hire a new public servant.

Yet it is the "interviewee" that is dictating how the interview should go.

I'm currently looking for a job. I wonder if I'd get anywhere by telling the interviewer that they can't see my college transcripts or my tax returns.

And yes, I've been asked for both. Educational background and salary negotiations, respectively.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You know, it's hard to keep going with this when the man who started the whole mess recently said this:

“I’m a member of Congress now, I don’t make too much money,” said Reid, whose net worth was estimated at $10 million in 2010. “But it’s all listed every year.”

Reid spokesman Adam Jentleson told POLITICO last week that the majority leader will not release his tax returns, writing: “He’s not running for president. … He has of course released more than 30 years of detailed [personal finance disclosures]. There is exponentially more information available to the public about Sen. Reid’s financial life than there is about Mitt Romney’s.”
Source

The thing I take from that is that one shouldn't ask of others what one will not do themselves.

The second thing is probably more important. Reid won't show his, either. Sure, he's "just a member of congress" (try calling him a Congressman any OTHER time, by the way...why not Senator, Harry?) and this aww shucks routine is about as stupid as my son saying he didn't eat the ice cream when he's still wearing part of it.

The thing is, Harry really has released 30 years of disclosures, as required by law. They all do while in Office. Have to. Yet...even with all that out there. Isn't that funny, even he won't release the IRS documents. Just something a little personal about those, eh Harry? Just like Obama calls so much I want to see, personal.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How did Reid make 10 million on a 193,000/year salary?

I mean, I save my change and all that, I even roll quarters and pick up a penny when I find one.

But, then again, I was never a gaming commisioner in Las Vegas either.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

OH...please let them go full Birther on Obama...it guarantees Obama a win.

And they can't ask for anything with Romney sitting on his tax returns.

But yes...please...please...please...let the GOP go this route...it will only excite the Birthers and it will drive every independent away.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Mitt Romney's odyssey of the Tax Returns started by Harry Reid claiming "someone" "somewhere" from Mitt's past with Bain Capital 'reported' he hadn't been paying his taxes.

No it didn't...you are just 100% wrong.

The issue of his Tax Returns were an issue in the Primary and has been an issue for the past month AT LEAST with the Obama campaign.

It's not going away...this is something that can lose Romney the election. We all know he is hiding something...even republicans are saying he is hiding something. So what we know is that whatever it is he is hiding, it is more damaging than him looking really bad by refusing to release his tax returns.

But for some reason...that group of people that are out for the truth...the Birthers...are strangely quiet about Romney not releasing his Tax returns when all candidates in modern history have released theirs. They were just out for the truth...right???

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You know, it's hard to keep going with this when the man who started the whole mess recently said this

Again...Reid didn't start this.

Here is a video from almost a month ago, long before Reid made his comment, of REPUBLICANS saying Romney is hiding something and should release his returns.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I almost never do this on something already posted.... but something kinda made me look again at Clinton... and hell. 3 different MSM plus an archive site and that path led to more errors.

I'll have something more formal and proper to see about that question getting answered in the returns.

Sorry all. I know a lot saw what I had and most is accurate. Most - not good enough on this. Be back on it in a few hours.

(grumbles about not even finding reliable facts when multiple media sources agree...before hopping off to sites with .gov and stuff that gives headaches to read)
edit on 7-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

The hoopla over Obama's college transcripts are another sideshow to distract people from the important topics (like whether Romney paid any taxes over the last ten years).

Its called.....

TRANSPARENCY

Obama could have easily showed those records, as Mitt could easily show his tax records. I don't understand WHY the bar, is set so LOW, for Obama, with his supporters, and set so HIGH for Romney's detractors. I don't even like Mitt, and could care less about where Obama was born.

The knee-jerk reaction is this.........

If they both don't release records, that people want to see, they both have to be "guilty" of something........

Right?

edit on 7-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Claiming foreign birth helped his college career...

Might as well continue the little fraud to help his literary career.....

WAIT.....hold on a second.....might have a promising political career and may be President of the United States one day....SEAL THE COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS immediately and blame a misunderstanding for the literary biography....AMERICANS are stupid, they will buy it all day long.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Transparency, huh? So where are all the transcripts of every other president and contenders? Romney hasn't released his college transcript - must be hiding bad grades and his foreign status, eh?

What do you think you'll find in Obama's transcript? What 'smoking gun' would be present in them? Bad grades? He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard as president of Harvard Law Review. Not likely to find bad grades there. Foreign Exchange Student status? That would be hard for him to pull off, considering he only lived in Indonesia from the ages of 6 to 10. He attended High School in Hawaii at Punahou School, a college prep school. Last time I checked most colleges don't consider Americans who graduated from an American high school to be foreign exchange students. You can read about his HS curricular activities here: Punahou School - Barack Obama '79

"Transcripters" are just another form of "Birthers". Fabricating stories about how he must have bad grades seems rather silly when we have one candidate for the highest office in the land who may not have paid taxes for the past decade, and used every tax loophole available only to the elites to avoid contributing anything back to the society that he extracts so much wealth from.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Dang Black, don't get your undies in a bunch !

I am for every President, to be vetted properly. Nixon, Clinton, Bush, were all liars, so I would love to see America get back to really scrutinizing every Presidential hopeful. ALL records, should be out in the open. 10 years worth of tax records. Check. School records. Check. If "the people" want it, they should get it. You seem to forget, these idiots work for us ! They should have no say, when it comes to be open and honest. If they don't like it, then find a job where there isn't scrutiny. You seem to label EVERYONE, who questions someones honesty, and commitment, being that this is the POTUS, and not some "Joe", on the common council......

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You see the problem is that Republicans and all of those High Horse riders in the libertarian circles have been screaming about poor people not paying taxes. So what happens if you find out that rich people actually don't pay any taxes? What are you going to do then?

You all understand this and it is killing you. All of the crap you fling at poor people every fracking day on this site and you're going to have to face the facts that extremely wealthy people like Mitt do not pay anything.

College transcripts mean jack spit when we're dealing with money. There's some saying about money talks and...well you know the rest.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
So, what paperwork related to Mitt Romney's senatorship was worth shredding? Both sides have skeletons in their closet. They're both in a glass house here.

Exactly! Which is why I won't be voting for either of them. Both are puppets anyway for the true people that are driving our country into the ground.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
WAIT.....hold on a second.....might have a promising political career and may be President of the United States one day....SEAL THE COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS immediately

Actually the stupid ones are those that claim Obama sealed any of his personal records...

hold on, your college transcripts are also sealed, so what are YOU hiding?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
To find out more about Mitt's college record please see my related thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still waiting for President Obama...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by sonnny1

You see the problem is that Republicans and all of those High Horse riders in the libertarian circles have been screaming about poor people not paying taxes. So what happens if you find out that rich people actually don't pay any taxes? What are you going to do then?

You all understand this and it is killing you. All of the crap you fling at poor people every fracking day on this site and you're going to have to face the facts that extremely wealthy people like Mitt do not pay anything.

College transcripts mean jack spit when we're dealing with money. There's some saying about money talks and...well you know the rest.

Hold up.......

You mean to tell me that your angry, that I hold ALL Politicians to the same standards?

These guys have been making money, from insider trading, for years !!! Do you believe that they have stopped, because of the "STOCK Act" ? As soon as you realize that, the sooner you see past Party lines. Whats Congress approval rating again ? Quit making this a REPUBLICAN thing. This is a POLITICAL thing. They work for us. All of them. I for one, believe they need to be reminded of that............

If they don't like the scrutiny, find a different Job. BTW, I heard, community organizer, doesn't pay all that well................

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Bush college transcript

And in all fairness, Obamas' college transcript

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thats not Obamas transcript !!!

How dare you !!!

Let me get it for you, oh wait.....................

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join