It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans will go after Obama's College Records:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I am President Obama’s classmate at Columbia University, Class of ’83. I am also one of the most accurate Las Vegas oddsmakers and prognosticators. Accurate enough that I was awarded my own star on the Las Vegas Walk of Stars. And I smell something rotten in Denmark. Obama has a big skeleton in his closet. It’s his college records. Call it “gut instinct” but my gut is almost always right. Obama has a secret hidden at Columbia- and it’s a bad one that threatens to bring down his presidency. Gut instinct is how I’ve made my living for 29 years since graduating Columbia.

www.theblaze.com...

Wayne Allyn Root a past libertarian vice presidential nominee and a former classmate of Barack Obama's has a few things to say about Obama's college records. Remember these things that the media would never touch in 2008?

He suggests that the only logical way Obama could have gotten into Harvard Law School from a minority standpoint is if he attended his colleges listing himself as a foreign student. We all know foreign students get huge incentives to come to college in America. Root suggests that the republicans should go after Obama's College records, because he insists that the skeleton in the closet is at Columbia University.

Root goes on to say that if the records were opened up and made public the public will find the following four things.

A) He rarely ever attended class.
B) His grades were not those typical of what we understand it takes to get into Harvard Law School.
C) He attended Columbia as a foreign exchange student.
D) He paid little for either undergraduate college or Harvard Law School because of foreign aid and scholarships given to a poor foreign students like this kid Barry Soetoro from Indonesia.

How about we give you Mitt Romney's tax returns for your college records. Fair?
edit on 7-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That sounds 100% fair to me. I've been just stunned how an administration that has spent 4 years, counting the previous campaign time, refusing to show almost *ANY* document of ANY kind before Obama was serving in the Illinois statehouse.....goes on endlessly about Tax returns based on "reliable" 'unnamed' sources and grand pronouncements from Reid based on them.

Sure... Fair would be very fair. All Obama's College transcripts and records for Mitts Tax returns. Both requests are above and beyond what Presidents have historically given as a routine course of business so neither should feel too put out by biting the bullet together.

Of course..... all these claims if "But but but...If he'll just SHOW them..it can all go away!" remind me how many times I've said those EXACT words about Obama and HIS documents. Lets see them BOTH lay papers on the table and let the chips fall where they may from there.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I have always felt his college records would be very damning for his administration.
A lot of trouble and a ton of money have gone into the process of sealing them for some reason.

Either way I would be very interested in seeing them.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So, what paperwork related to Mitt Romney's senatorship was worth shredding? Both sides have skeletons in their closet. They're both in a glass house here.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

So, what paperwork related to Mitt Romney's senatorship was worth shredding? Both sides have skeletons in their closet. They're both in a glass house here.

Exactly and both sides should be opened to complete 100% vetting for a position such as POTUS.

Should be a requirement of the post, free access to all records relating to the personage of the President, its that important of a job.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Sure... Fair would be very fair. All Obama's College transcripts and records for Mitts Tax returns. Both requests are above and beyond what Presidents have historically given as a routine course of business so neither should feel too put out by biting the bullet together.

Was that to be expected though? As we get deeper and deeper into the information age, people want to know every little thing about the people they are supporting. The causes they get behind and the companies and brands they like.

Humans are curious people and we don't like secrecy. Especially secret sources and sealed records of any kind.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Now we have "gut instinct" as a source. Brilliant.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I also want to see Romney's college grades. I am curious to see if he made it to Harvard on his own merits or through help. As we all know it takes a high GPA and awards to get into Harvard unless you come from a family with wealth and influence.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Agreed...and I feel the same. The only reason I tend to get my backup over Romney being hit on the Tax Returns is the fact that those hitting are hiding a mountain of paper themselves.

If not for the hypocrisy of some of this and perhaps despite it...Sure, I want to know Mitt's numbers for my own sense of knowing the man and his history. If he really found loopholes to pay nothing for even ONE year...well, I'll tell ya. The system ALLOWS this to happen. So, if proven, I want to hear from both of them what their Tax Reform plans are to implement in the first 6 months to insure such a thing cannot happen again.

(yeah right...it would mean R's and D's would need to scrap what they spent 40+ years making with that tax code)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
so columbia university is knowingly with-holding information that casts doubt on obamas legitimacy as president of the united states, commander of the most powerful army ever assembled.

nice to see where some americans, especially the head administrator of columbia and those conspiring under him to keep those secrets hidden, loyalty stands.

of course they're hiding under "policy" as an excuse. a policy they can easily change or by pass since they were the ones that made it up in the first place.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I don't buy it. Why go after him now? They could have stopped him before he won the first time. This reeks of some kind of fake.

link   
i just find it incredibly ironic MIT MONEY wont release his long form tax returns by not following a tradition established by his father.

seems like he is getting check mated by the obama campaign right now.

edit on 7-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

link   
How can Root now claim to be a former roommate of Obama when in a earlier interview he claimed to have never met or saw Obama?

Columbia Records

"I don't know a single person at Columbia that knows him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia."

But even without the records why would Columbia claim Obama is the first alumni to be president?

Barack Obama '83 Becomes First College Alumnus To Win Presidency

Barack Obama ‘83 became the first College alumnus to be elected President of the United States. On November 4, Obama defeated his Republican challenger, Sen. John McCain P’07, ending a marathon campaign that saw Obama rise from a first-term senator to the nation’s first African-American president.

And a article written by Obama An article by Barack Obama published in the 10 March 1983 edition of Columbia's Sundial school magazine.

obamaessay

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This wont amount to anything, if there were something to this it would have come out already. I doubt he would have been able to recieve any type of incentive set up for foreign students as his transcripts would have shown he went to school in America and his home address would have been in Hawii. Not to mention his birth certificate shows he was born in the US. I also doubt his grades were not up to par, but even if they werent didnt Bush get into Yale as a C student?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Now we have "gut instinct" as a source. Brilliant.

NO. The source is the story.....

The guys reason for suspicion is "gut instinct".

There is a difference. If you are going to make a sarcastic comment then you should know the difference.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

A little off-topic but I feel that this must (once again) be addressed. Obama has spent just as much money as you have to seal your records. Personal records are automatically sealed. They can only be viewed by the person the documents pertain to, that person's immediate family, or an LEO with a subpoena from a judge.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Your right, there probably is nothing to all the talk of Obama and his college records.

There is probably nothing at all to this talk of Mitt Romney's tax returns either. No one seemed to care in 2008, and as we might recall, this is his second trip into the meat grinder of Presidential campaigns. Funny... It's life and death important now? Oh well....

So, lets see what there isn't anything to and nothing to worry about...and then Romney's people and Obama's people can all share a big laugh over how it was all about nothing, on both sides, all this time. (Then we can flush them BOTH for putting the nation thru crap that wasn't necessary.
)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What sort of information is included in a college transcript:

Seals
The transcript includes the seal of the college or university, and if the transcript is considered "official"--meaning that it comes directly from the registrar's office and could not have been tampered with by anyone else--it will usually be embossed or stamped.

Dates and Majors
The transcript contains all dates you attended the college, whether you completed a semester or not. Your major(s) will be listed, as well as any minors you may have declared.

Courses and Grades
Each college course you have taken is listed by date, department, course number and course description. Your grade will be listed if you completed the course; in some cases, other marks such as W for withdrawal or AU for audit are used.

Cumulative GPA
The transcript shows calculated grade point average for the most recent semester as well as a cumulative average, calculated by dividing grade points for each course by total credit hours attempted.

Degrees Conferred
Any degree conferred will be listed as well, including associate's, bachelor's, masters or doctorate. Depending on the school, the ABD (all but dissertation) designation may be noted for doctoral candidates.

Personal Information
Personal information on a transcript will include your name and any name changes (such as through marriage), your student identification number or Social Security Number, and your address and birthdate, all to confirm your identity.

College transcripts replace birth certificate for Obama detractors

The hoopla over Obama's college transcripts are another sideshow to distract people from the important topics (like whether Romney paid any taxes over the last ten years). What do transcripters want to see? That Obama isn't as smart as they think he is? (the guy graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School, which would not have happened with poor grades.) Or they want to see his scholarships (which aren't actually listed on transcripts), or they want to claim he was given financial aid as a "foreign student" - already proven false (see: Snopes - The Occidental Tourist), even going so far as to claim Obama received a Fullbright scholarship (he didn't, he was an undergrad at the time the claim was, and Fullbright scholarships are only for master/doctorate degrees)

The ONLY reason birthers (now transcripters) want to go after O's transcripts is that they know such records are protected by privacy laws as of 1974. Because the college CAN'T release them, transcripters can falsely claim they are being "sealed". No president has EVER officially released his college transcripts, even though Bush had his leaked unofficially. Personally I hope Obama does volunteer to release his, just to shut transcripter's up and see where they set the new goal posts for demands Obama must give in to, but then why should he be degraded like this when his predecessor's haven't been? Hell, Bush went AWOL in the Texas air national guard to go work on daddy's campaign, and even that got a pass as far as scrutiny by the press.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Did you correct the lies in your Ron Paul troll blog yet?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You're right... It's a side show. So are the tax returns. Obama's people have spent a week now making the case for why Romney needs to cough them up.

They've also spent a week making the argument for why their Boss needs to cough up his background. Just swap names and the arguments are overlapping and fit like Jackson's glove.

If one can make it all go away by opening an envelope of documents, I agree.....so can they both.

Personally, I DO want to see Obama's grades and GPA. He doesn't seem to know the Constitution from a greeting card. I personally want to know what this 'Scholar' got in his Constitutional courses as a student. That's none of our business tho....of course..and we could have a C- running the U.S. Government. Who knows? Good for Romney? Good for both. Lets get to showing papers!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join