It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans will go after Obama's College Records:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Romney's tax returns are totally different from Obama's transcripts with reguards to how they would affect each candidate. Romney is making himself out to be a guy who is not for corporate greed, is for the average American, and believes everyone should pay their fair share in taxes. Being that he is rich a lot of Americans are unsure as to his sincerity. Therefore releasing his tax records would be relevant to his run for the white house. What relevance would Obama's transcripts have?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

And Obama was for HOPE AND CHANGE, TRANSPARENCY and all that crap. Not quite so transparent is he??? By the way, Obama is rich too.

edit on 8-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I personally don't give a rat's ass about Romney's tax returns. I don't think any of us should have to pay income tax anyway. I would hide my money offshore too if I were making millions. I don't like the guy, just sayin'. I like the candidate who says he wants to abolish the IRS and end the Fed.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
I personally don't give a rat's ass about Romney's tax returns. I don't think any of us should have to pay income tax anyway. I would hide my money offshore too if I were making millions. I don't like the guy, just sayin'. I like the candidate who says he wants to abolish the IRS and end the Fed.

I would love to abolish the IRS, TSA and all the alphabet organizations. They're all corrupt and just a bunch of "good ol' guys" groups...but I don't see that happening any time soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've often wondered why the big cover-up about Obama's college transcripts.

I remember the media making fun of Bush as being a mediocre student at Yale. They blathered on about him being a C average student.

They've also blathered on about Obama being a genius in law and the constitution. I just want to know if Obama really was a genius in college, or did comparably to Bush.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think the difference between "Tax Returns" and "College Transcripts" is simply this: What did you do "recently".

Obama is in his 50s, his "birth" was over 50 years ago, his "College" was over 20 years ago, if you can't find "something" more recent than that to take the guy down, then Mr Obama must have had a stellar career since graduating. Surely, people can find some more recent things to tackle the guys image. Do you know that every 7 years every single atom and molecule in the human body is replaced by new ones? People change all the time, and most of us have already "forgotten" much of what we learnt in college. So, who cares whether you got an A or C in class 20-30 years ago. What do you know today?

Most resumes for job applications only detail the last 10 years of what you did anyway. The employer doesn't want to know all that stuff you did more than 10 years ago. So, college transcripts are only valid if you graduated within the last 10 years.

My "instincts" tell me the following, since everybody is rambling on about their instincts, here's mine:

Obama probably didn't do all that well in college. He got into Harvard Law because of his "unique and diverse" background. Most of the top universities look for "unusual" things in the background of the potential students, to bring a wide range of experiences onto their campuses .It's not all about your grades. So, Obama got in because he was educated in Indonesia, traveled about a bit, had lived in different places, was a minority student, showed some smarts somewhere, and probably had some extra help, being recommended by some "connected" folks he'd met during his time in Chicago. That's probably the truth.

In the case of Mr. Romney, he's probably evaded taxes over the years, like every good rich American who hides his assets in offshore jurisdictions, and so simply cannot release his returns because then everybody would know for sure. Obama never made any money, so had nothing to hide, therefore could release all tax returns back to his birth, if people wanted. But, Mr Romney can't do this. You don't get rich by following all the rules. You get rich by being smart, and evading the rules wherever you can. It is simply not possible for Romney to have made all that money and to have paid the regular tax along the way. So, he joined the winning team.

Unfortunately for Mr Romney, tax returns for the last 20 years is a hell of a lot more relevant, than a couple of grades you got in College over 20 years ago. It's not just that it's more "recent data," but it's much more "relevant data" too, since people in government "set and collect" the tax from ordinary folks, so at least they need to be seen as paying what they demand other people to pay.

An ordinary person might be forgiven for a little tax dodge here and there, over the years, but the man who would be King (er..President), must rise to a higher standard than the rest of us.

edit on 8-8-2012 by Agoyahtah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I've often wondered why the big cover-up about Obama's college transcripts.

Why have you sealed yours? What are you covering up?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by beezzer

Ah yes--the typical outright defiance disguised as lack of reading comprehension skills. Very clever.

My post is quite clear about why this is important.

If Romney used current tax laws to get out of paying taxes, then good for him!

If he did nothing illegal, then even better for him!

Our tax system sucks. There should be a fair, flat tax that taxes everyone the same, no loopholes, no exemptions, no exceptions.

But if someone can use the current system to their benefit?

Brilliant!

That's good to know. I see you made a nice "cover my butt in case I want to back out of this comment" statement: "Our tax system sucks. There should be a fair, flat tax......." Very clever.

Interestingly enough you praise the rich people who find loop holes in the tax code allowing them to put the burden on the rest of us, but would you praise the poor people who find loop holes in the welfare system?

You know what? Don't answer that question because I'm sure you'll just find some loop hole to avoid conceding the facts and/or issue.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Has Obama published all his tax returns ?

I wonder what names he used on the very first tax returns he ever filed

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think obama has proven to the winner of the next election. I think key issues have put him over the top.

His historical health package, landing on mars on his watch with Curiosity, getting Osama.
I think his college record is a futile attempt to prevent the inevitable.

I would of voted for Jesse Ventura because I like his take on the Democrypts and Rebloodlicans.

That they should have to wear their lobbyists advertisements on their suites so the voters know who they were bought out for. Just like the Indy 500 race car drivers!

Though I yearn to see Obama take it for the next election.
I can't stand how running for the president seems only to be for the rich.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Has Obama published all his tax returns ?

I wonder what names he used on the very first tax returns he ever filed

See, that's the angle I was striving for earlier. I want to see Barry Soetoro's tax returns....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
college records??? what does that have to do WITH ANY legislative policies of the president of the united states?? i beginning to think that the term "liberal elite", means, (one having critical thinking skills).

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
college records??? what does that have to do WITH ANY legislative policies of the president of the united states?? i beginning to think that the term "liberal elite", means, (one having critical thinking skills).

First, his poor grades and lack of classroom attendance will just confirm that he is just another snake in the grass who is an expert at milking the system and can succeed simply based on who he is and not on what he has accomplished due to his own efforts. IMO of course.

Second and most important is the contention that Obama may have enrolled at Columbia and even Occidental as a Foreign Student from Indonesia who was eligible to receive increased financial aid. I think that is the main theme in the OP source.

He's got nothing to hide right? If he had poor grades so be it. He is still the president. Nothing to be ashamed of he apparently turned himself around academically while at Harvard. What else could be keeping him from clearing the air once and for all?? This cloud of suspicion will follow him for the rest of his life if he does not clear it up now. No one is asking for a DNA sample. Yet

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
How can Root now claim to be a former roommate of Obama when in a earlier interview he claimed to have never met or saw Obama?

Maybe you should read it again. Classmate is completely different than roommate. It's very easy to have never met a classmate in a large school.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I would guess MR's 2011 returns will be released when they are completed and due, which is October 15th.

edit on 8-8-2012 by Henley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Thank you for posting this OP, I'm sorry but if he had nothing to hide then those records would have never been sealed. Didn't Bush release his own records even though he got very low grades??

On a side note, is it really easier for foreigners to enter top universities in the U.S.? Wouldn't citizens with dual passports take advantage of that? If so this gives more credit to the "birther" theory.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIllusiveMan

He did nothing to seal his records. His personal records are sealed just like every other US citizen's records are sealed. As for Bush he did not voluntarily release his college transcripts. Someone leaked them. After that, since the damage had already been done, he officially released them.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
TheBlaze? Why not just pull directly form Romneys site? Or Crossroads, or Heritage for that matter... lol.
Ill leave you with a quote form TheBlaze from Wests ChikFilA story; "The problem with the Left is their intolerance to anything not on the Left. You must conform to their standards or lack there of or be cast out. Their whole agenda is a demoralizing one in the end." So...yeah....there you go.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Wrabbit2000

----

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Romney is making himself out to be a guy who knows how to succeed in business and make money. LOTS OF MONEY. Good.... Our Country NEEDS that whether it's him, trump or someone we've never heard of.

Now if Romney is making himself out as a guy who isn't for corporate greed, Obama has made himself out to be a Constitutional Scholar with such superior intellect, even the Supreme Court is subject to his tirades and rants about their professional incompetence.

Well said.... so well I must repeat it. "We have two men making themselves out to be things their actions don't entirely support. BOTH issues absolutely effect the future and health of our nation as these men are each capable of governing and in good judgement." Indeed... "Both [men] need to cough up what is asked for..."

You're right to call this a childish game. Not that Romney and Obama are being childish, but so must this debate by their respective supporters is very childish. I understand taking one side or the other, but we should all want what is good for the country. What is good for the country is that the truth come out--who denies this?

Enough. Time to be adults. We should all demand a FULL DISCLOSURE as to who these men are, what they have done, and were their real allegiance lies (not more lies, more ambiguity, more dubiousness, more obscurity, more uncertainty, and more vagueness).

Wayne Allyn Root wrote:

"If anyone should have questions about Obama’s record at Columbia University, it’s me. We both graduated (according to Obama) Columbia University, Class of ’83. We were both (according to Obama) Pre-Law and Political Science majors. And I thought I knew most everyone at Columbia. I certainly thought I’d heard of all of my fellow Political Science majors. But not Obama (or as he was known then- Barry Soetoro). I never met him. Never saw him. Never even heard of him. And none of the classmates that I knew at Columbia has ever met him, saw him, or heard of him."

Mr. Root said his "gut" is telling him there is something big and bad in Obama’s past. The book Blink tells of the reliability of “gut” findings and their accuracy. What was he doing at Cloumbia?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Every person posting in this thread who went to college also has their records "sealed". They are sealed due to a 1974 privacy act. So those of you who went to college are clearly covering something up, and must have something to hide - at least going by the right-wing rhetoric present in this thread. Or maybe the new right-wing double-speak logic is that privacy laws that keep college records private should be done away with?

As to Obama's grades, for whatever relevance they may impart, his high school stated he was a B student (link was posted in above thread). Mitt Romney was also a B student. The importance of this distinction is....?

When Obama was in Harvard he graduated Magna Cum Laude - that means a GPA of 3.756 or higher (Eligibility for Honors Degrees). Does that indicate what kind of student he was? Yes.

To demand his Occidental transcripts to prove he was a slacker or what have you is pointless. Even if he were (he said he was a slacker in his autobiography), what matters most is how he finished his degree at Harvard, at the end of his college career. Like a lot of students, I started out at a community college and transferred up to a 4-yr school. My community college grades were not stellar. I didn't like most freshman classes and felt the whole process was a waste of time. It wasn't until I got to the 4-yr college and really buckled down into my major that I got good grades. I think that process applies to many students.

Here's how to settle it: If Republicans want to go after Obama's college records, then they should lead the way - let Romney release all of his college records first - grades, attendance, disciplinary records, financial aid, scholarships, etc. Then he can demand Obama release his.

Obama is demanding to see Romney's tax records. Obama has released his tax returns, for the past 12 years. Romney should match that and release the past 12 years of his returns.

Tit for tat.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Good for him, but now that he's gone public, he better be careful. Things seem to happen to people that speak out against lord obama. (Mr. Brightbart for example). Though, I'd take it a step further and say, " My tax records for your college records, transcripts, ect and lift the executive privilige on the Fast & Furious records. Theres deffinately something in those records obama doesn't want anyone to see also.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join