It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid wrong house, kill family dog and make children sit with its bloody corpse

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
The family shouldn't receive any money. IMHO the officers involved in this massive screw up should all be let go. I'm in the healthcare industry, and if I make a mistake as big as this I could lose my license and never get to practice again. How is this any different??

How is it at all the same? And why shouldn't the family get any money? This family had to endure utterly unnecessary force and violence, the poor children were forced to sit by a beloved pet's dead body as the police continued to search the house, all because of a mistake made on the side of the law?

How much do you want to bet the warrant was rushed through and filled out with incorrect information and as a result, this monstrosity happened?

This makes me furious.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hmmm. Where are all the defenders of the police?
Like I said in another thread, When the "good" ones start to control the ones who are beating on a citizen, instead of joining in, I may start to trust them. Takes a real tough guy to subdue a child, handcuff them, kill the dog.....
Made damn sure they got an eye full of the practically naked woman though, huh?
Personally, if I won that money in a suit, I would spend a large amount hounding those officers, making their lives a living hell.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sorry didn't read through 5+ pages;
Not defending these goons in anyway.;but Either they stopped at the wrong address; Or "somebody" ("unidentied source") gave them the address of this innocent family.

The written affidavit was "sworn to" ( as being true) by some officer before the judge.The judge issues the warrant based upon this written affidavi:t stating the "probable cause".

This officer is responsible:( for obtaining the warrant for the address on it). He should be "gone";
Even if it was his lying dirt bag source who just had a beef with this particular family. (or just pulled the address out of the phone book).
for creating a terrifying situation and killing a family pet

edit on 8-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SilentKoala

This is another reason why it's absolutely imperative to be armed; you have the RIGHT to open fire and defend yourself against any intruders who don't have a warrant to be in your residence and in this situation the family could have defended themselves against this evil and protected their children had they known how.

No way.

I'm a handy guy, a big guy, a figher, and I have lots of guns. No way I'm able to defend my home against a surprise invasion of heavily armed and trained men at 2 a.m.. They are expecting a hefty resistance, and they are prepared for it. Reaching for my lawfully owned gun in this instance would just be suicide.

Better to comply, pray, ride it out, and then turn the tables somewhere down the road.
edit on 7-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

You are right, very good advice. You make a stand in a situation like this and you will die and maybe get you family killed as well. They will paint you as the bad guy to the press. Take them on in court if you are in the right. Its the only legal way you will live through it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by votan

I think they allow this to happen to discourage gun ownership. Do not have a gun or you become fair game for police.

What it should encourage is the militarization of the household.

If some asshole cops cant be bothered to double-check an address or spend a day in surveillance to make absolutely certain that their use of deadly force isn't coming down on the heads of a family just minding their own business then it's every families responsibility to make sure those cops and the families of those cops experience the same suffering about to be handed down.

Rather than take the approach of "disarm or else" people should take the approach of "mutually assured destruction."

Heavy gate at the end of the driveway, flood lights, alarms, reinforced doorways, barred windows, strobes, even smoke or CS and great whatever comes kicking through that door with a barrage of 55 grain steel-core hail guaranteed to shred any polymer, plastic, metal or meat in the way.

When they roll up onto your property that's the attitude they are operating with. Match it.

Maybe when the cost is a little higher than a few million in a civil suit and a dead dog the right people will begin paying attention and put an end to this madness.

We arent worth anything when we die. It's just the cost of doing business in America. They'll cut your mother a check and carve "Sorry, my bad" into your headstone.

When they die they get parades.

Maybe after a few parades they'll start double-checking addresses.

Bravo Zulu!

Very well said, everyone should read your post and take it to heart. We have become second class to those who's job it is to protect us. The whole system is warped, twisted, and broken and far too many times the citizen is the one who pays the price for the ignorance of the police. I say it is far past time to take our liberties and rights back and make the tyrants pay for their actions.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Nucleardiver

They are the room full of drunk retards

Not any argument from me on your assessment. It is just that 'retards' isn't politically correct.

Maybe we can call them LEOtards?

It's not politically correct! Oh noes! Lord knows that's what we need to do, to walk on eggshells and give into every hypersensitive little wannabe thought police control freak out there!

You make me sick. I seriously hate you people, you people have sucked all the fun out of the human species in the Western hemisphere. I would take one Archie Bunker or Eric Cartman over a hundred million of you chronic whiners and hand wringers.

Please, have a drink. I recommend the bleach with a splash of antifreeze to brighten up my day...I mean YOUR day. Your day. That's it. Drinky drinky!...
edit on 8-8-2012 by Wrath because: typo

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more with the last few posts....and really this whole matter is really pushing my buttons....so please forgive the ranting....

One last thing I would like to add for now, lol, before I have to go out and kiss ass to make ends meet, because people and animals are depending on me....is NEVER EVER call the police, nothing could be worse then what they will put you through...do not fall for the whole "well, if your innocent, why do you need rights?" It's BS...and whenever possible we need to maintain what ever checks and balances are still left...they will trick you into being an "honest" citizen, all the while using EVERYTHING you say against you....even in a traffic stop, say as little as possible...and give them nothing!

I was stupid, and foolish enough to call the police for help in a domestic dispute....well....they ended up taking me to jail for a 9 yr old warrent I apprently had for an unpaid dog lisence...yes folks, it happened, that's what you get for doing the right thing and liscening your dog to begin with with, my beautiful dog passed away, and i had moved, but I guess the state of CA decided since I didn't pay my $10 bucks, or notify them my dog had died, I was a criminal...the worst part was yet again another sadistic female cop just laughed as she handcuffed me, and said, " well one of you needs to leave the house, and it looks like it is going to be you"...I owned the damm house...he hit me....but I wasn't willing to press charges, I just wanted them to make him leave...and that pissed them off...and I was punished....the charges were later dropped in the name of justice.....what a joke.....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Easy fix:

Offending cops sacked and charged as as civilian criminals, while those who sanctioned the raid $everely reprimanded. As for the victims, millions in compensation.

That will go a long way to ensuring vigilante cops check their sources and their behaviours.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
america !

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Now as someone who has worked in the Met Police here in London, its not necessarily the officers fault when a raid happens on the wrong address. More often than not, the wrong address has been obtained and handed over to the officers in charge of the op.

Now I don't know what happened here, did they kill the dog because the dog was aggressive? Did they walk in and shoot the dog when the dog was just sitting there asleep? I don't know what happened. All I know is that these officers would've entered the property in a mindset that who they were after was inside this property.

I'm not defending the actions of anyone, all I'm saying is to look at the facts and we know little about the actual facts other than the address was the wrong address. So whoever got the address wrong, yes they should be hit with the blame for this and yes the family should absolutely be compensated. However, lets not start talking rubbish about shooting the officers families and all kinds of juvenile spew. Its all about objective thinking people, not aggressive nuttery that will burn rather than heal.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I hope this goes viral on the net. Sometimes, such things happen for a reason.. that's my hope and prayer anyway, because this kind of thing can't keep happening, it must stop.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
The family shouldn't receive any money. IMHO the officers involved in this massive screw up should all be let go. I'm in the healthcare industry, and if I make a mistake as big as this I could lose my license and never get to practice again. How is this any different??

Your priority in this matter is as plain as the nose on your face. You aren't too concerned with the health, both physical and mental, of anyone involved here. When bullets are being fired, there is no guarantee about the final destination of that bullet. The children's lives were risked. In my house, our dog is nothing short of a family member so in my eyes this was murder committed by the police. The actions by the police will resonate within this family for years now with the loss of life and the cruel, lack of empathy regarding how the children were forced to experience it in the way that they did.

According to your post, your only concern in this matter is YOUR own job. YOUR peace of mind in the event that if YOU screw up this bad YOU will be safe from the responsibility of it. Lives are negatively impacted by the very same people that are supposed to provide security. This is wrong, and something that is wrong needs to be addressed.

We are taught that we live in a dog eat dog world, and many of us act in this manner as a result. I suggest that we are taught that to keep us divided, because if we were united things like this would be impossible to accomplish. Why is it so difficult to look at each other evenly?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
I have had my house raided for someone else(Warrent in the wrong name), girl friend was 9 months pregnant. The bastards ripped up my floor boards for gods sake, plus strip searched my self and also nearly killed my dog when the door went in! Unless the Police scum "actively show malice" toward you eg raid your home more than once. Then essentially you dont have a legal leg to stand on, atleast thats how it is here in Scotland UK.
edit on 7-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)
i have had the same thing done in scotland spent the weekend in jail only to be let go with no appolgy

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Nucleardiver

They are the room full of drunk retards

Not any argument from me on your assessment. It is just that 'retards' isn't politically correct.

Maybe we can call them LEOtards?

It's not politically correct! Oh noes! Lord knows that's what we need to do, to walk on eggshells and give into every hypersensitive little wannabe thought police control freak out there!

You make me sick. I seriously hate you people, you people have sucked all the fun out of the human species in the Western hemisphere. I would take one Archie Bunker or Eric Cartman over a hundred million of you chronic whiners and hand wringers.

Please, have a drink. I recommend the bleach with a splash of antifreeze to brighten up my day...I mean YOUR day. Your day. That's it. Drinky drinky!...
edit on 8-8-2012 by Wrath because: typo

I guess that I should have put a sarcasm emote at the end of the 'politically correct' remark.

I'm not very politically correct.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

PD's are making more and more mistakes it seems, than they used to, or is it we are more aware of them now for their cases of brutality being caught and exposed on youtube?

My sister was arrested friday night for something she had cleared up in 2007 when someone stole her checkbook and was writing checks. She had to file a police report and an investigation ensued and the people were caught and imprisoned. 5 years later she gets a knock on her door and arrested for something she didn't even do, same case came back to haunt her. She kept the papers and is having to fax them to the prosecutor so they don't take her to court for a crime she didn't do and that had been dealt with 5 years ago. The female cop who arrested her wouldn't even tell her why she was being arrested and ignored her inquiries. I advised her she needs to file a lawsuit for false arrest and she's looking into getting an attourney.

Turns out the PD didn't file her papers, we don't know what they did with them nor do they know. This is the kind of gross incompetance that leaves our local PD's with zero credibility and a very deserving bad rap. And cops wonder why people are running around with cameras filming everything they do and say, it's the only way we can protect ourselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
All I have to say for everyone who DEFENDS the police.........You all deserve to have something of this nature happen to you........ Yes......DESERVE it............to wake you up to the realities of other people's lives and the crap they have to deal with by these who are nothing more than the world's most organized mafia and biggest terrorists to date.

DESERVE

All I have to say to you is to grow up. You should not wish what may have happened during this incident on anyone. First off all we have no psyichal proof that this has happened apart from a something written down on a piece of court paper. Before I get jumped on I'm not saying 'NOTHING' happened but what I am saying is that we are only seeing a bit of paper uploaded to the internet with the alleged allegations on.

If you think a vital part of the emergency services are "terrorists" I suggest you sit down with the widows of those brave men and women who have given their lives to protecting the public and paid the ultimate price. Before the usual replies please see my previous posts in this thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Always the same typical story, police murder a guy and they get a paid vacation. Not only did they terrify the man, they killed him after it. Home grown terrorism right there.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

That deserves a thread of it's own.

ETA: However, that story is nothing like this. The only similarity is the dog getting shot.

edit on 8-8-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i cant think of a better example of domestic terrorism

these cops are terrorist and should be treated as such

gitmo sounds pretty fair to me

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join