It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid wrong house, kill family dog and make children sit with its bloody corpse

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nathanscottecho

Because in healthcare the patient volunteers/seeks treatment or someone such as next of kin does, in this situation they were forced into it involuntarily. They were deprived of their property, their inalienable rights and have suffered trauma to say the least. All those involved should be let go immediately and banned from working in the same industry, they should personally be responsible for 50% of the fees awarded and I'd say millions USD would be a minimum considering the lawyers on both sides will try to take most of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Sorry didn't read through 5+ pages;
Not defending these goons in anyway.;but Either they stopped at the wrong address; Or "somebody" ("unidentfied source") gave them the address of this innocent family.

The written affidavit was "sworn to" ( as being true) by some officer before the judge.The judge issues the warrant based upon this written affidavit: stating the "probable cause".

This officer is responsible:( for obtaining the warrant for the address on it). He should be "gone";
Even if it was his lying dirt bag source who just had a beef with this particular family. (or just pulled the address out of the phone book).
for creating a terrifying situation and killing a family pet

edit on 8-8-2012 by 46ACE because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nathanscottecho

Big difference, I take it your a professional citizen, where as they are gov thug security, trained to not think for them selves, so when they have to it doesn't go down to well.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The police gets the wrong house and the family dog got killed for protecting them. The sickening thing about all this is the police believe they are in the right to shoot the aggressive dog. No if you got the wrong house and busted down the door with guns drawn you are an intruder! Your badge means nothing at that point, it was a natural response for the dog to attack and it would be a natural response for a person to attack. The chiefs of the police will sit there and say they totally back up their officers with a straight face. Sorry but there is no law above or below this worlds sky that say's you can bust in my home have the wrong address kill a member of the family and try to turn the tables and say you're in the right.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Same thing should happen to the Police scums familys.

Love it.
Chuckleheads write this time and time again on ATS."I'm a peace-lover, but I hope the same thing happens to their families"

Oh, and it's "families", not "familys".

Originally posted by andy06shake
I know this may sound harsh but these totalitarian paramilitary scum need to sit up and take note! And remember you do have the right to bear arms!

Harsh? Nah. Stupid and ignorant? Oh, yes. Try drawing a weapon on a cop, and they tell us how it worked out for you.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

You can bust down my door, drag me from my bed and threaten me with guns, I will wait for my day in court. But if you kill my dog, you better learn to sleep with one eye open. Seriously unacceptible.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

What they are trying to rationalize is that IF they had the right house and the dog "resisted" that they had the right to use "deadly force"....but their argument neglects to account for the fact that they were negligent in raiding the wrong house. Ergo, no justification for even kicking in the house door let alone killing the family dog.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yes this is sad but what's more sad is this has become a common occurance. Where is the outcry in the public!!? Where is the Constitution?! Where is America?? Sad is that we have become the police state that people warned about so long ago! Question now is, "what are WE going to do about it?" Any takers?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Now these kids are gonna grow up with anger in their hearts for authority. They will probably start rebelling and end up with #ty jobs and lives.
It only takes one incident to forever change their perspectives.
It might seem like a bleeding heart thing to say, but the if we ended the cycle of violence, then the world would be a totally different place by the time our generations were dead.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Fourth Amendment states: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

As I understand it, the police had a warrant for a particular address and to apprehend for that warrant a person that did not live at that address but in the house next door.

Unless an occupant of that house authorized a search by consenting to it that upon determining the person named in the warrant did not live there their business should have been concluded. If a person gave consent to search after the shooting and killing of their dog that consent was obtained under duress.

To the best of my knowledge and experiences I would suggest to NEVER consent to a search. Never resist their efforts but never offer consent either.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by votan

Sadly the risk so far for a raid on a wrong house is some bad press and the threat of a lawsuit (which is their rationale internally [and ironicaly] for "obstruction of justice"). When they literally raid "the wrong house" (some John Rambo type) who has the means and the will to repel an illegal home invasion (and he could argue that he didn't know that they were really the police given the faux home invasions where they falsely "claimed" to be the police) and John Q. "Rambo" opens up with a legal title 2 weapon and from behind a hardened defensive position and he "swats" their squad who cant even get the address right.....then they will start to reconsider their policies.

Although your point is valid, The police expect to be shot at when bursting through the door and are more than prepared to kill anyone who shows the least bit of aggression. They have high power weapons, body armor, training, and numbers. Even a well armored defender wouldn't last more than a few seconds.

edit on 8/9/2012 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

As discouraging as your post is...it's probably absolutely true.....for whatever "Bravado" we may be willing to have given an attack by the police.....the odds are we will lose, and maybe die....."I fought the law, and the law won"....sad but true....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Fourth Amendment states: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

As I understand it, the police had a warrant for a particular address and to apprehend for that warrant a person that did not live at that address but in the house next door.

Unless an occupant of that house authorized a search by consenting to it that upon determining the person named in the warrant did not live there their business should have been concluded. If a person gave consent to search after the shooting and killing of their dog that consent was obtained under duress.

To the best of my knowledge and experiences I would suggest to NEVER consent to a search. Never resist their efforts but never offer consent either.

A search warrant isn't a death warrant.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

They also come thru the door single file....they wouldnt stand a chance against a guy behind a bullet proof barrier with a belt fed M-60 with AP bullets. There only hope would be after their shield was dropped along with the first three in line to quickly retreat and call for back up. Then you are right - he would never escape.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Any time a search warrant is issued for a drug case they assume that the suspect is armed and dangerous and thus they can justify a "no knock" (legal home invasion) entry. But if the wrong home is invaded then they have violated the occupants 4th A rights as they were "not secure in their person....."

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Good point. The end result in any case would be an innocent bystander, and maybe family members, dead because of stupid, carelessly carried out, police policies. And why? Because overzealous morons in the police department get off on playing cowboy to the extent that they will take the word of a single "informant" without checking on it's accuracy.

Idiocy in it's purest form.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

A search warrant isn't a death warrant.

Unfortunately it too often turns out that way these days in the Land of the Free. Apparently the courts have redefined what constitutes "excessive force." For the family dog it would appear that it is obligatorily a death sentence for the "shock and awe" value of it. Even a little chihuahua dog gets justifiably blown away because his barking takes away from the surprise advantage in the raid - and the gun shots don't?

These are tactics the US uses in its military raids in foreign lands that have now come home to roost. No one complained when we used them there. What next, water-board interrogations for domestic investigations? We're almost there now.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yes, very good point, the whole reason of getting and "serving" a warrent should be to do things in a fair, orderly fashion....and....to make sure the RIGHT parties are involved, and no innocents and pets are harmed. The police should knock, idenify themselves....the argument of wanting to maintain the element of surprise really can't be justified when the citizen is still innocent until "proven" guilty....and the warrent actually turns up evidence.

But as others have said, this whole justification of "precieved" threat by the police wouldn't even exist if it weren't for this sham "war on drugs"...the real criminals will never have thier doors smashed in and thier pets murdered

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

is it really like this all over the country ? Scary place indeed when watching some youtube videos. Beating downed people like animals. Where are your laws, constitution etc Americans ?

Land of the enslaved - Home of the distracted,dumbed down and divided sheep.

Read my location.

Corporations, including the banks rule American government and policies and the military and police goons enforce those policies.

We the people have no say so (our voting system is rigged, see the video "The Hacking of Democracy") to give us an illusion of "choice" but our basic two party system works for one cabal.

Don't worry mate, this is spreading globally, it's called "The New World Order".

America is just ground zero as they figured to crack the hardest nut first and the rest of y'all would be easy.

Welcome to 1984.
edit on 17-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I think that the officer in charge should at a minimum be fired.

Would you be saying the above if this had been your wife/husband, children watching and family companion??????

Fired..................how about fired and manslaughter with prison time.

How about the whole team involved fired.

This HAS GOT TO STOP..............It's happening weekly now.

Y'all just don't see where this is headed do ya????

How has this family been affected?

Well, if my husband were killed, we'd be homeless as he is the breadwinner since my job of 16 years at 57 years of age was out sourced.

If my two Autistic sons saw this type of thing happen, it would literally drive them over the edge and they would probably commit suicide (literally).

The cop killed a innocent man and his "pet".

Now to most of you a dog is a dog is a dog but my dogs are my world. They are my fur babies. A cop shoots my dogs and I will take a few of them down with me and I am a old, law abiding, quiet nice lady.

Scruffy (Beast)

Lucy (Beauty)

This just wasn't a simple "mistake" this was murder of two family members. You don't empathize because this wasn't your home, your family....................wait your turns coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join