It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid wrong house, kill family dog and make children sit with its bloody corpse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SilentKoala

This is another reason why it's absolutely imperative to be armed; you have the RIGHT to open fire and defend yourself against any intruders who don't have a warrant to be in your residence and in this situation the family could have defended themselves against this evil and protected their children had they known how.

No way.

I'm a handy guy, a big guy, a figher, and I have lots of guns. No way I'm able to defend my home against a surprise invasion of heavily armed and trained men at 2 a.m.. They are expecting a hefty resistance, and they are prepared for it. Reaching for my lawfully owned gun in this instance would just be suicide.

Better to comply, pray, ride it out, and then turn the tables somewhere down the road.
edit on 7-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

like I said my good man, "First Blood"

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
yeah, the blame should be put on the cops as well, don't get me started on you too.

Feel free to get started on me.. I absolutely disagree.. the blame should first fall on the person who obtained the warrant if they obtained it for the wrong address.. if the address is CORRECT on the warrant then the blame should fall on the person who lead the raid because they lead the officers into the wrong home..

Officers just follow orders unless they are corrupt.. they enter a home on a warrant, especially for drugs or something like that.. they fully expect resistance and they have no idea if they are going to walk in and get fired on with semi automatic weapons or anything like that .. the officers that simply did their job shouldn't be taking the blame for it.. the people who lead them to that home incorrectly should.. Feel free to attack me for it but I firmly believe it .. in your logic, every soldier who took part in the iraq war should be tried for war crimes simply because they were mislead into the warzone..

Bad things happen.. wrong information, incorrect paperwork or simple cases of bad leadership .. but you can't just not do your job.. if you refuse to participate in raids or arrests just because you want then you should be fired because you're not defending the public .. there's simply NO way every officer participating in this raid knew it was the wrong house.. not every one of would have read and checked the address.. they follow the leader of the raid.. and the leader of the raid follows what he was ordered to do.. it's called chain of command.

edit on 8/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is a case of criminal negligence... now it's a matter of determining who was negligent.. the officer who obtained the warrant, or the person leading the officers into the wrong address because they misread the warrant..
edit on 8/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
.... Why were the children handcuffed!!!!
that's absolutely absurd! Take the children out of the house! Even tho it was the wrong house,the children should not have experienced that at all! Police are making more and more mistakes and they need to be charged or fired!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Heart goes out to these poor souls! Classic case of an eye for an eye. Same thing should happen to the Police scums familys. I know this may sound harsh but these totalitarian paramilitary scum need to sit up and take note! And remember you do have the right to bear arms! Its in you constitution is it not? Atleast for the time being.

edit on 7-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Ah! But each episode of the TV show "Cops" has them high-fiving each other and proclaiming that they get to go home to their loved ones again after a successful(?) encounter. The term Public Service hardly applies to SWAT teams., Unlike a typical soldier, those guys love that adrenaline rush and frequently say as much and why they put in for SWAT jobs. And that is exactly why they should not attain those positions of power and brutality.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
wow just WOW!!!

i cant believe this! as a dog owner i know if this happened to me , they would of had to shoot me first , i would take a bullet for my dog any day. i just don't understand why you would shoot an innocent dog in the first place.
words really cant describe what im feeling right now. my heart goes out to the dog and the dogs family. the people in this world are out of control. something needs to change and it needs to change now!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The family should sue the # out of the cops

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Officers just follow orders unless they are corrupt.. they enter a home on a warrant, especially for drugs or something like that.. they fully expect resistance and they have no idea if they are going to walk in and get fired on with semi automatic weapons or anything like that ..

Oh yeah, someone might have some pharmacological contraband. Let's terrorize them. Call SWAT! They might think they own their bodies, have rights, and they might want to resist!

Can we approach this contrived non-problem in another manner? Uh-uh, of course not. This is our primary method of depriving people of their privacies. That is our excuse for kicking down their door and committing all kinds of atrocities and justifying it. It's perfectly legal to do that to our citizen-subjects, for their own good.

What percentage of middle-of-the-night raids are NOT drug-related? Quite few, I expect.

With alcohol we condition people to accept recreational drug-use as an acceptable way of life. Come night time you either go out drinking or stay home and watch TV. With few exceptions doing almost anything else is unnatural and abnormal. And it is a primary police responsibility to enforce just what you stick in that body of YOURS. We can kill you for making any other choice, and get away with it! [/rant]

So once the police entered these people's home, shot their dog, subdued the occupants, hand-cuffed everyone except the naked lady, then they might have started getting the idea they were in the wrong place. From that point on it was a matter of rifling through all their belongings to find some tid-bit of contraband to justify their mistake - just because substances are illegal doesn't mean most everyone doesn't have some, but some people really don't.

Is having a little pot really a killing offense? Is having a little nose candy really a good reason to lock someone up for years? Do these things really justify the SWAT death squads and midnight raids? Well, maybe. Maybe someone just might not wish to surrender themselves to that kind of justice and may object to the intrusion into their home. These people were innocent family folks minding their own business yet we unleashed the unholy hell of American justice on their nasty arses. Yeah! We bad! We bad! Mess with us!!

edit on 7-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
.... Why were the children handcuffed!!!!
that's absolutely absurd! Take the children out of the house! Even tho it was the wrong house,the children should not have experienced that at all! Police are making more and more mistakes and they need to be charged or fired!

I have to agree with you on that, no child should have to be put through that. Having a family pet die is hard enough for a child, forget having it shot in front of their eyes and then having to sit next to it for over an hour. I feel bad for the kids and for the adults, imagine the shock they went through. Someone messed up big and needs to accept responsibility for it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdmiralAlavar
The family should sue the # out of the cops

You know what sucks, besides the obvious horror of this whole nightmare.....sueing the cops is still all out of our dime...and hey....I'd much rather give this poor family a few bucks then pay for war.....but in my perfect world the people "directly" responsible should take the financial and emotional hit...and thier children and pets should be taken away!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I can not imagine anything like that happening here in Australia; are American Police stupid?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I can not imagine anything like that happening here in Australia; are American Police stupid?

I wouldn't say "stupid" as such, but some departments do have hiring standards where having too high of an intellectual potential is reason for passing them over. As someone mentioned earlier, calling them "retarded" would not be accurate and somewhat of a faux pas but the term LEOtard might be very apt and fitting. Many, perhaps most, are full-on thugs though.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by ninjas4321

Yes, they are for the most part, stupid, cruel, sadistic thugs.....and infact the biggest bullies you could imagine.
I am a clean cut, soccer mom type...I'm 5' 5" and weigh about 130 lbs. I was BEAT up by a police woman for daring to question her brutal, disrespectful attitude...when I later asked to see the tapes of the assult, I was told, NO, since they weren't going to charge me with assult, cause the guy claimed I lundged at her, total BS, I have been in one fist fight in my whole life, in 5th grade, and I ran away crying, I NEVER lundged at this crazy woman...to this day I can not feel my finger tips on my thumb and forefinger of my right hand, and have scars on both my knees where she bashed me into the concrete, I was wearing a sundress and sandles...it was sooo surreal and awful, I really can't even explain it....I finally was just able to tell my Mom what happened...my Mom wants to hire a lawyer and sue......I really never believed in owning guns...but I am really re-thinking that position these days.......anyways...sorry for the rant...at least my child and dogs are well...but this messed with my mind big time....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The U.S. police... after several big # ups in the past, now known world wide for sucking really bad.

How bad must the public's perception of them be within the U.S.?

It's about time you do something about this America. Cops would not get away with this anywhere else in the world, except in 2nd-3rd world countries...
edit on 7-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

That's it. This guy falls on his sword. The insurance pays out the wazoo, and the illusion of safety is fingered by the appearance of accountability. We don't want regular people getting uppity about local law-enforcement; we need regular people watching more "Big Bang Theory" buying Kay Jewelry for their SO's and driving Fiat strap-on cars.
edit on 7-8-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
All I have to say for everyone who DEFENDS the police.........You all deserve to have something of this nature happen to you........ Yes......DESERVE it............to wake you up to the realities of other people's lives and the crap they have to deal with by these who are nothing more than the world's most organized mafia and biggest terrorists to date.

DESERVE

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
People - this is happening because not enough people are doing anything about police violence and brutality. The cops have NO fear of repercusions so they do this. Perhaps another riot like way back in the day when police brutality was on the agenda!! Sort them out America!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I see a trend of "wrong addresses" I go to new customers homes every day,almost never get lost or end up at the wrong home.I have ventured to area's never ventured and I still find my way to the correct home.Soooooo,why can't the cop's do the same,and the duristiction is much more limited than mine? Am I really just better at following directions? (btw:I do not have or use GPS;the police do,go fig.) So,are these reported stories real? Is this another attempt to scare people? I dunno,I smell a rat and if true I am very sorry for this family;either way it is criminal!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
the most messed up thing is that they are actually told to shoot family pets for "SHOCK AND AWE", it's not something they accidentally do this is standard practice, and there plenty of info on previous swats killing family pets, hell there one that has the entire thing video tapped,

and all of that was over less then an 1/8 of and ounce of dried plant matter and a bong, all they found in the supposed drug lords house, people use to have home defense, not anymore, time to bring back big ass walls moats and booby traps, I'd like to see the next video

Swats Vs Boiling Oil and Pitfalls,

The 2nd is for defense not offense and this is the kind of # people need to defend, THEIR HOMES THEIR LIFE AND THEIR FAMILY, # the police state and it's agenda

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beammeup

ya not to mention every Damn cop car has GPS, there is not an excuse for ignorance of that magnitude. pure Negligence at it's best these people should be held accountable for ATTACKING that family. if I'm Demolishing buildings and slip up and destroy the wrong one bet your ass I'm going to be held accountable, these Americans assaulted other Americans, not to mention breaking and entering, i mean they didn't have a warrant for THAT house. by Court of law they should all face charges just like anyone else would had they broken into someones home murdered their animals and held restrained minors at gunpoint.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join