It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Not Landed - But Is Good Entertainment For The TV Brain Washed Masses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Again, I think some of you simply want to see monsters everywhere. The COST of perpetrating a hoax of this magnitude would be staggering. It would greatly inhibit any profit you seem to think is being made. Compartmentalization doesn't work very well when you are attempting it with highly educated and curious people. We tend to notice when we are being lied to.
None of what I am saying, or anyone else for that matter, will help you see things differently. I could spend my day detailing why this is unlikely to be a hoax and you still wouldn't budge.You seek devils and demons around every corner so that is what you will find. I think there are many conspiracies in our world but I just can't see this as one of them. There are much easier ways to make money. Use LOGIC for a change.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yup i though the same thing
what proove us that the rover is really on mars

hell .. they didnt even land astronauts on the moon
they can lie to us another time 40 yrs later

people are way to brainwashed now
they will believe ANYTHING the news say
edit on 8/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

ok, so the simpletons are people choosing to believe something they saw on tv and on the web. That's often the case, maybe, but what should we call the people choosing to believe your assertions ? Considering that you are not offering any proof, nor any beginning of an explanation of your opinion, I guess we should call them simpletons too. What does it make of you ? You be the judge.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What would be really entertaining would be for someone to intercept NASA's data feed from curiosity and decode and process the images and just publish everything.. or better yet, wait a bit and compare what NASA publishes to what they received from curiosity.. Then publish it all..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
when the high res photos of mars start coming in ... and they will ... thats when I will make up my mind on the validity of this thread ... if the photos are doctored (as per normal NASA photos) ... then Ill believe Curiosity is on Mars for sure

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

So basically you think the moon landing was a hoax therefore curiosity is a hoax? You do realise there are already rovers on Mars right? They've been there for years.

Now you say just because we can't prove it then it MUST be fake.

I'd love to see your list of things that are "real" and things that are "not real" in this world. Guess the holocaust was a hoax too because you don't know anyone who was there?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
and flying to Mars to see a lifeless plantet we could have looked at thru our telescopes/Hubble.....

is productive??? How.. ?

Because just maybe the probe is designed to do things that you can't do from a telescope?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yup i though the same thing
what proove us that the rover is really on the mars

Before Curiosity landed, you were saying that it would signal the beginning of disclosure

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now it's all fake?

How convenient for you!

edit on 7-8-2012 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by chrisb9

So basically you think the moon landing was a hoax therefore curiosity is a hoax? You do realise there are already rovers on Mars right? They've been there for years.

Now you say just because we can't prove it then it MUST be fake.

I'd love to see your list of things that are "real" and things that are "not real" in this world. Guess the holocaust was a hoax too because you don't know anyone who was there?

Even when things are proven HOAX people still believe in them.
Funny you should bring up the holodeckcaust.
After years of hoaxing the 6 meeeelion figure even the perpetrators had to change the figure on the memorial to 1.5 million from 6.
MANY many other claims have been admitted to being lies and many other have proven impossible.
Time has a way of uncovering lies sometimes, why have we not been back to the moon with better equipment?
Is someone hiding something?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Don't forget that people from France (they made the chemcam and the laser, and they will operate it themselves from France in about 3 months), and also people from Germany, from Canada and other places have participated in the making of all the instruments (10, I think) that curiosity has.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
People are going to scoff at what the OP is saying, but he does have a point. How do any of us KNOW for sure that what you saw was actually Mars? That could just be some remote landscape in the Arizona desert.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe the black ops are on mars, that elites have operations there, not only dumbs here, but investing a lof of money stolen and frauded from ordinary people for their domain their. They don't just bug out underground.

I don't question their technology to go to mars, but this, whole episode, is very questionable. Crappy pictures and I don't believe any of their explanations. And no, don't have to believe that is mars, in fact, mars is probable high protocol and classified giving them the mandate to fake this stuff.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well, will the OP have the courage, or trust in your own belief, to volunteer as one of the first settlers of Mars? If you think it's fake, go see for yourself, and report back to us. Problem is, will we believe you when you tell us you were there?

edit on 7-8-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

NASA HAHA, Never A Straight Answer. Were the F is This.??

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
How do you KNOW for sure you're not a brain in a vat forced to take part in a simulation created by NASA, and every single thing you see is a fake NASA generated object?

It only takes a little bit of critical thinking to see that the PROBABILITY of NASA faking the landing is extremely, extremely low. One does not need proof to make a reasoned assessment of a situation and come to the most likely truth.

When you're talking to your friends, do you have proof that they're not robots created by NASA, while your real friends are being held captive? There is a reason we don't question and demand proof for absolutely every single little thing, because it becomes impossible to live, so healthy humans learn a healthy system of naturally assessing probabilities and to live with that ounce of uncertainty.

The difference between me and you is that while I am not CERTAIN my friends are not NASA robots, if I have no evidence that they actually are, I won't go asserting with complete confidence that there is a conspiracy. What the OP has is a far-fetched hypothesis with absolutely no supporting evidence, and yet he wants us to believe we are stupid for rejecting it. This kind of thinking is what comes close to clarifying you as mentally ill and in need to treatment.

Since when did it become acceptable to assert a conspiracy without any attempt at providing evidence in favour of it being true?
edit on 7-8-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

You do press an excellent point.
I do have to say though, the most a buddy has ever asked me to loan him is a couple hundred bucks, which I gladly did without a second thought.
I have never been asked to loan or just GIVE anyone 2.5 billion however.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Yup i did say that .. was kind of excited that we might have something on the cam
it would be to good to be true for sure .. but we are in 2012 after all
anything can happen for this yrs

my biggest prediction is for the 21 december
all other thing before that i cant really be sure what will really happen

the though about mars mission been maybe faked came to me yesterday
and then i see this thread .. so im not alone thinking
that the chance of this mission being faked like the moon landing mission are there
of course they needed to make it look like very real .. like in 69
the construction of an advanced rover and the missile launch .. those parts cant be faked
but the rest or the mission to make the world believe the US is the first one ..
its politics and an illusion for the sheoples

why should we trust anything they say
maybe if they werent lying all the time i would be less suspicious
the entire governement and nasa is untrustworthy when it comes to big news event

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I watched the broadcast Monday morning and that seemed really fake to me. I suppose due to being on TV they had gone over how it would be done and it was mostly just waiting for info to arrive from the craft.

Was quite surprised not a single glitch...

You either believe it is real or don't...to each his own.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by AlphaHawk

why should we trust anything they say
maybe if they werent lying all the time i would be less suspicious
the entire governement and nasa is untrustworthy when it comes to big news event

This is what it all boils down to for me!
Sooooooo many things we cannot see for reasons of national security or whatever, but this one time, we'll show you all everything!
I'm not buying it, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice,... errm uhh well, ya can't git fooled again!

Great post, if for only those lines.
If only I could give applauses.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by humphreysjim

You do press an excellent point.
I do have to say though, the most a buddy has ever asked me to loan him is a couple hundred bucks, which I gladly did without a second thought.
I have never been asked to loan or just GIVE anyone 2.5 billion however.

I don't get the point you're trying to make.

Are you suggesting that expenses are evidence against the Mars landing being legitimate? Because that would be an example of an invalid thought process.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join