It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Sydney and California Tsunamis coming???

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrath

But its a dry heat! Screw that! Yuma sucks too! its the ass end of the desert. If there is an earthquake at least we would be closer to the ocean!

this week is 115 degrees, all week!!! But suprisingly its really not that bad

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I wonder if the dude from down under is on ATS already with different nicks/usernames and posting the screen shots himself ?

edit on 8-8-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
Anyway. I have a question for you guys. Because I myself have never been through a very bad earthquake only minor ones being in Japan and Taiwan it happens a lot, just slight rocking. I was wondering if any members of ATS could tell us about their experience with a large earthquake? What does it feel like? Physically and how do you fell mentally as its happening? Also, when a large earthquake occurs, are there usually smaller ones that occur a few days ahead of time? Thank You.

I was in a rather large quake. We had no warning. My children were outside playing, when it started things began to fall off the shelves and then I got a sickening feeling as the whole house was swaying. I ran for the door to find the kids and then it was over.

Does not sound like much but it was terrifying. I made a bed under the steal bunk beds and we slept under them on the floor for weeks feeling aftershocks there were a lot of after shocks and each one sent us into a panic! Our place was concrete bloke so if it feel we would not do well!
The ceiling was cracked all the way across and they had a crack in the earth-fill dam and everyone was afraid it would break. It did hold and they repaired it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
IS L.A. IN RISK?!?!?!?!?!?!?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Since this thread has gotten so long and folks aren't taking the time to read all 31 pages, how about a quick recap for those just joining us...

1. The kid is named Mitchell Coombes. His Facebook profile is here:
www.facebook.com...

2. He is not claiming to be a psycic of any kind and has posted this explicitly on his Facebook. I'm not his friend, so I can't see it, but member Jennybee35 was kind enough to post a screenshot here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

3. He has NOT made any specific predictions or warning yet. He is simply saying that he is close to announcing a 104 hour window of time where he thinks a large quake will happen. You can see a screengrab of his most recent post / warning here:

4. The reason anyone even cares about him is because he gave a similar warning a few days prior to the Japan quake in March 2011. You can see his post about that and INSTRUCTIONS TO SEE FOR YOURSELF on facebook here:

That's it for right now. Everything else is speculation. If / when he makes an "official" 104 hour warning we'll make sure to post.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by imalitehaus
reply to post by Char-Lee

There are a lot of coincidences happening on this thread and I finally have to say something. I went to the word generator, much earlier today, and asked the Universe, "What on Earth is really going on these days?".

The first word I got was, Revelation. The second word -- Remembering. Third word -- Event. Then, the last word -- Paradise.
I really didn't want to go further after that. It was pretty weird and the timing was just strange.

Whoever first recommended the website, thank you. It's very interesting.
Did you for once ever thought about how the website might be searching for similar words and posting the results based on 'data mining' or 'screen scraping' that it probably performs on a daily basis and creates its own database to provide you with answers?
More than likely, it tapped into its religious DB to provide you with the above results?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
reply to post by blackmetalmist

He hasn't as far as I can see...I've read just about this whole damn thread cos there is something about it that makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, and I think it's worth watching. No 104 hour warning yet though.

Thanks ! Keep us updated with screen shots if possible. I refuse to re-activate my FB account because I feel my blood pressure skyrocketing everytime I even think about it. I just cant with FB.

I must admit that Coombes kinda lost me when he said on his Beyond Top Secret page that the Pacific was full of thousands of nuclear mines. That one was kinda hard to believe. So im seriously hoping he is just doing this for attention and we arent getting 70mile tsunamis coming our way

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnathanr
Since this thread has gotten so long and folks aren't taking the time to read all 31 pages, how about a quick recap for those just joining us...

1. The kid is named Mitchell Coombes. His Facebook profile is here:
www.facebook.com...

2. He is not claiming to be a psycic of any kind and has posted this explicitly on his Facebook. I'm not his friend, so I can't see it, but member Jennybee35 was kind enough to post a screenshot here:

3. He has NOT made any specific predictions or warning yet. He is simply saying that he is close to announcing a 104 hour window of time where he thinks a large quake will happen. You can see a screengrab of his most recent post / warning here:

4. The reason anyone even cares about him is because he gave a similar warning a few days prior to the Japan quake in March 2011. You can see his post about that and INSTRUCTIONS TO SEE FOR YOURSELF on facebook here:

That's it for right now. Everything else is speculation. If / when he makes an "official" 104 hour warning we'll make sure to post.

Has anyone asked him about the CA quake last night on his FB ??

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I was thinking....what if....

A year or two ago I saw a scientists article and he said they already had the ability to predict large quakes, but it was only like 90% I think it said. So they were not allowed to do it as it would cause panic and the times they are wrong they would cause all kinds of havoc.

So what if this kid is involved in some way with one or more of these guys, an allowing their science predictions to be made public through him? No responsibility if they are wrong and save life if they are right? That would be why he is so sure of himself.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Unfortunately I'm not "friends" with him - he hit his friend limit. I'm only "subscribed", so I can't see any posts he doesn't mark "public".

So, no, I haven't seen any action on his page recently since I don't have that kind of access.
Perhaps there are others here that are his friends that can comment?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by imalitehaus
reply to post by Char-Lee

There are a lot of coincidences happening on this thread and I finally have to say something. I went to the word generator, much earlier today, and asked the Universe, "What on Earth is really going on these days?".

The first word I got was, Revelation. The second word -- Remembering. Third word -- Event. Then, the last word -- Paradise.
I really didn't want to go further after that. It was pretty weird and the timing was just strange.

Whoever first recommended the website, thank you. It's very interesting.

Thats what Im saying too... Creepy stuff

When I went on to that website it generated last, religion, clone and other words that spoke my views on religion. It was wild!!! Lol

What is this word generator site?

or google random word generator to find others.
watchout4snakes.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Almost at 150 flags, Harold Camping, Mitchel Coombs, what do these people have in common.... Attention hounds, and charletons, and you guys feed there existance pretty sad 150 flags for a child who has mislead so many. A got a carrot who wants to follow me, come now good little rabbits come get the carrot.

Really some of the brightest thinkers I thought resided here, after the new coombs histeria I'm really starting to doubt that fact.

Quick question how many of you are gonna take your flags back when you've been had again, after he pulls the carrot away and the true colors shine through again????

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We just had another quake happen a few minutes ago. Things are starting to act up.....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 4.5
Date-Time Wednesday, August 08, 2012 at 16:33:22 UTC
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 at 09:33:22 AM at epicenter

Location 33.908°N, 117.778°W
Depth 9 km (5.6 miles)
Region GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances 3 km (2 miles) NNE (22°) from Yorba Linda, CA
8 km (5 miles) ENE (68°) from Placentia, CA
9 km (6 miles) SW (214°) from Chino Hills, CA
13 km (8 miles) NE (52°) from Anaheim, CA
46 km (29 miles) ESE (111°) from Los Angeles Civic Center, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.3 km (0.2 miles); depth +/- 0.7 km (0.4 miles)
Parameters Nph=190, Dmin=9 km, Rmss=0.39 sec, Gp= 18°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=1
Source California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID ci15189281

edit on 8-8-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am beginning to believe you, we just had another earthquake here in southern california

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
Quick question how many of you are gonna take your flags back when you've been had again, after he pulls the carrot away and the true colors shine through again????

I'm keeping an open mind. From what I have seen personally, he is 1 for 1 on his major predictions. Sure, he could have faked the posts through various means, has a spotty history here on this site, and he seems to have a few odd sports-related predictions thrown into the mix.

I flagged this thread since I thought it was an interesting, and perhaps important topic. Whether his prediction pans out this time remains to be seen. In any case, the thread seems relevant and my flag stays. Thanks to the OP.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just read that a second New Zealand volcano has burped. My thinking is that if large amounts of material start spewing from down there then that is going to relieve pressure on the plates to move. Any thoughts on this.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

4.5 in L.A. just popped up on my iPhon app. Could be a pre-shock (or whatever they call it).

JT

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

Almost at 150 flags, Harold Camping, Mitchel Coombs, what do these people have in common.... Attention hounds, and charletons, and you guys feed there existance pretty sad 150 flags for a child who has mislead so many.

What are you talking about?

hounds and charletons? lolol

I have read every single post by Mitchell on FB (we are friends on FB) and absolutely NONE of them describe what you just said.

He hasn't Misled anyone. He has provided information on a conspiratorial subject that has A LOT of details.

People are allowed to take personal responsibility for what the read and believe.

So stop trying to discredit the messenger.

and by God ..... if people are still confusing the Mitchell with the Psychic Mitchell ..... then get the hell out of this thread.
edit on 8-8-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is just like japan a bunch of little earthquakes leading up to the big one

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenblaz

4.5 in L.A. just popped up on my iPhon app. Could be a pre-shock (or whatever they call it).

JT

This one: earthquake.usgs.gov...

I live close to the epicenter, woke me up... another just happened. Not sure if it was another small one. That last one had smaller tremors following it.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join