It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I never doubted them for a minute
..... Americans, you should be so proud of this, it's an incredible feat NASA have pulled off flawlessly.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Woohoo! It takes alot to get me excited now days. This is absolutely brilliant and am also happy to be alive to see this and experience it. Very excited to see how this progresses, data collected, etc...
Rock on NASA and all the supporting folks.
Watching the live news feed via NASA now. This is cool.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smith88

Did you watch them passing out all the good luck peanuts to eat?

I thought it was a pretty cool superstition/tradition that i didnt know.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I know our natural Instinct is to battle Phage on this site about anything related to cosmic matters Unity..

But on this.. he's 100% on the money (not digging at ye Phage either.. your possibly the most on the ball poster here.. folks just don't like the message/reality dose it seems)

It'll take a while for the pics.. don't expect any fabulous leaks of info or sightings of monoliths from NASA.. i thought we all knew better than that.. but we will get some awesome data and pics of the planet soon, hopefully data that'll make our carbon based obsessions defunct... but i feel were looking at the wrong planet for that.. still this is going to be a great time in that field we sorely lack as a race because our best scientists are too busy devising ways to kill each other.. that's where the $$$ is.

I hope they find something... anything, that stirs up the pot and makes great minds wonder.. but for now im just happy that thing didn't crash.. as that would have been the death of this whole endevour

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
So.
Damn.
Cool.

What an amazing effort by all involved, an awe-inspiring feat.

Go team human!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
They just got a new picture in pretty cool, mountain in the distance. Very exiting I don't know if I'll get to sleep at all tonight.

link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

I did just see that. It put a big smile on my face too. I'm enjoying hearing the various tech dialogue in the background too...

We just saw a mountain!
Too cool.

link   
reply to post by Xarian6

There is always the chance that they just might find life. Supposedly this rover has the ability to detect it more than any others and I have my fingers crossed.

What if they find it? We could be just an inkling away from the greatest discovery in human history.
edit on 6-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bigern

I just saw it too... breathtaking!

It gave me butterflies when those new pics with the dust covers off popped up live

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
On first glimpse of the responses I can't help but to think is this another deception or set up for something to come? Yes, I am quite cynical and don't believe everything I see on TV nor what the alphabet agencies allow us see....including the general GOV.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Someone have a link to that other pic you are talking about?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

If they are already covering it up then i think they are hiding it from NASA too. I say that because its a live feed and we are shown the pictures as soon as they see them... so we get their oooo's and ahhhh's at the same time as ours. Its not alot to see but its alot in my eyes!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

bummer the feed was cut.
maybe i have one on satellite...
nevermind, i think it's back.

edit on 8/6/12 by smith88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smith88

I know my heart sank!. But i guess the feed will be back from 9 to noon PDT.

And did you see that one lady!
All i can say is she is GORGEOUS!
I'd gladly call off my engagement to my Fiancee* SP in a heartbeat for that looker!
Lol jk but tempting!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

lol! I know, right? Can't say I didn't think the same exact thing.
All kidding aside I was hoping to see a 24/7 feed but I suppose we all will survive. Hah.
Isn't there a 24/7 TV NASA feed somewhere?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Was on nasa site about 30mins ago...looking at the photo gallery...now there was 48 photos....and now when i popped back in there is only 46....I don't know what two have been removed....looking.Nasa
edit on 033131p://f16Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

To be totally honest... and anyone who's seen some of my more whacked out posts might go "huh".. but think on it a bit.. Mars is a dead world.. as pretty as she is it's a very violent place. Anything that's thrived there in that environment wouldn't be up for tea and biscuits (lmao) ... i think you get the drift.. i pray they don't find life there..

Now... relics.. long abandoned structures and such.. and i mean looooong, even a hieroglyph (man.. THAT would be a kicker eh) anything of archeological significance other than a rock.. that would be nice enough and really start the beehive on earth. Even a nice new element to add to the table would be great, so we can start looking away from earth materials and their flaws and into something new. Synthesis and bonding of known materials/elements can only take us so far when dealing with the dangers of space exploration.

Im just so very happy we finally did it!.. on this scale i mean, something serviceable, craft like, not just a satellite

And to note... any alien race that gave a hoot about our evolution and all that, wouldn't be angry.. any alien race that wanted to keep us enslaved and on this craphole... would.. Food for thought for all ye cosmics...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by smith88

You would think so but i guess this is the time they get to look through all the photos and pull out the cool alien pyrimids in the background haha.

But that is a curiosity... you would think with all the people intrested in this they would keep a 24/7 feed. I just like the feeling of sorta being there in a way. You feel their emotions as time progresses and they really arent that secretive. They explain everyting as it goes along and unlike lame CIA/FBI/Army they dont censor all their computer screens. And even that one kid in Pasadena had a mowhawk! Talk about laid back!

I had to giggle when that guy started crying though.

P.S. The external image is taken by the main camera from 10 feet away talk about some clarity finally!
edit on 6-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Yeah yeah yeah better images and all.
In 1969 according to some (and I am not confirming nor denying this) the US put men on the moon.
Fast forward through many bad decisions and even more lost money, and 43 years and what else have we done?
We should have colonies out there.
So, I'm sorry if some pics from a robot don't quite get me there.
Shame on us for becoming complacent, with very few exceptions.
I guess it is just more profitable to stay on this rock and kill each other...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

hah; exactly... photoshop here we come.

again, kidding aside it was/is extremely intriguing listening/viewing the channel feed. i suppose i understand the employees wanting a bit of privacy and i presume that is primarily why it's not a constant-24/7. but still... please NASA, a little more up time?

--- watching the engineering room reminds me of a room full of developers/engineers after a break-through on an IT related dilemma. but magnified many fold. yes i saw much emotion as well. very neat.
edit on 8/6/12 by smith88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join